Is it possible to create a complete 'Green Screen' Map texture?

Mysticpuma

Just out of interest, I wonder if this is possible? I know that the textures are moddable and that new textures can be added.....but is it possible to create effectively just a huge Green (bright Green like Green Screen in Hollywood is) box to fly around in by changing all the environmental textures?

Would be great as a movie-making tool ;)

Cheers, MP

Exactly what I am talking about ;)

Basically the aircraft would be lit by the current time selected ( so sin low in the sky or high in the sky, but the entire environment you fky in (Sky, ground, buildings, textures) would be bright green. That way you could Chroma key the aircraft out and add it to a different background. It would be a great film making asset :)

Cheers, MP

How about this..

Do a single color (green if you must) skin for the Aircraft (..turn off aircraft self shadowing if possible) , record your footage..

You can then create your Mask as an inverse using the croma color to be the NOT selection ....ie in photoshop / premiere / combustion whatever you kids use these days, for each frame, create a mask using the croma key, then inverse it, and you have a good mask for the brackground

Then re-play and re-record the footage with the proper skin on and use mask to do your background subtraction / green screening..

simples

Edited by nemises

How about this..

Do a single color (green if you must) skin for the Aircraft (..turn off aircraft self shadowing if possible) , record your footage..

You can then create your Mask as an inverse using the croma color to be the NOT selection ....ie in photoshop / premiere / combustion whatever you kids use these days, for each frame, create a mask using the croma key, then inverse it, and you have a good mask for the brackground

Then re-play and re-record the footage with the proper skin on and use mask to do your background subtraction / green screening..

simples

Just wanted to suggest the same...