Flaming Cliffs 3 Works with DCS World?

Uberick

Hi all,

I am new to the whole DCS World ecosystem, and am looking into grabbing some of the "modules" while they are on sale this week. However, when I went to purchase the Flaming Cliffs 3 module, it had a warning stating that it could not be used without a previous version of Flaming Cliffs(which I do not have, and does not seem to be available in the store.)

My question is simply: Will Flaming Cliffs work if I only have the main DCS World downloaded, or do I need to track down an old disk copy of a previous version of Flaming Cliffs in order to get it to work?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!:helpsmilie:

Edited by Uberick
Spelling corrections

You need to buy the first Flaming Cliffs from UBI. Isn't that nice?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Flaming Cliffs 3 will not work with out the older version or Lock On: Modern Air Combat.

It is worth noting that no version of Flaming Cliffs can be installed without Lock On. I know what the web page says but the bottom line is the LockOn is what you really need.

It can be purchased through Ubisoft in the US, and Amazon, as well as http://lockon.co.uk/en/shop/

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Flaming cliffs 3 installs on top of DCS world. But you must also own Lockon.

You can wait a couple of more months for F-15/Su-27 aircraft modules (A-10/SU-25 already available). They are the same as FC3 but with advanced flight model and they do not require lockon, only DCS world.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hi all,

I am new to the whole DCS World ecosystem, and am looking into grabbing some of the "modules" while they are on sale this week. However, when I went to purchase the Flaming Cliffs 3 module, it had a warning stating that it could not be used without a previous version of Flaming Cliffs(which I do not have, and does not seem to be available in the store.)

My question is simply: Will Flaming Cliffs work if I only have the main DCS World downloaded, or do I need to track down an old disk copy of a previous version of Flaming Cliffs in order to get it to work?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!:helpsmilie:

Short answer, you need DCS World plus ONE of the following:

• Lock On - Modern Air Combat
  • Lock On Gold (which is LOMAC plus FC1)
  • Lock On Platinum (which is LOMAC plus FC2)

To get any version of FC installed, you need to have had LOMAC installed at some point, If you have a previous version of FC installed that will do, because you would have had to have had LOMAC installed to get the earlier version to install.

You can pick up LOMAC cheapish from UBI (US only) or you will have to scour your local online retailers...

Silly system, but it won't change as is part of ED's legal agreement with UBI.

Alternatively you can buy individual FC modules as they are released. A10A and SU25 are out now, SU27 and F15 are expected soonish...

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

F-15 and Su-27 modules are due out soon.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Wow, thank you guys SO MUCH for the incredibly fast responses! I think I'm just gonna grab a Huey module and an A-10 one for now, I'll wait for the standalone mods for the F-15 or 16 or equivalent to come out whenever they do.

Don't overlook the SU25, it flies beautifully and is one of the most fun modules if you like steam instruments and gung-ho ground attack :thumbup:

It's so much more fun than it's fat older brother the T model and at sale prices it's a steal!

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Uberick,

it's a good decision to go for the A-10C and the Huey.

Because you'll get a life task to master just one of these two ;)

And when you finally can manage to perform a ramp start from memory in less then 15 minutes (after several month or so...) ED may will have released the F-15 and the Su-27 modules.

These will come with a advanced flightmodel - and probably (or most likely) will give you another life time task to deal with them :joystick:

And when you have learned to handle the A-10C and the Huey - well... I think you won't have much interest in the FC 3 planes.

Allthough quite decent... they... shush... feel like arcade game planes compared to the other DCS modules...:smilewink:

I purchased my FC3 only to support DCS ;)

Welcome, get your feet wet on one of the multiplayer servers (like e.g.: 'virtual horsemen' where no guns are allowed), meet some fellow pilots, ask for help if needed... and: Enjoy!

You'll love it.

It's simply a pleasure to fly them :)

Regards

Edited by Konrad Friedrich

Did I read somewhare that this is a licensing issue with UBI? I'm thinking about FC3 in the sale too!

Yes. Ubisoft holds certain rights over Flaming Cliffs/LockOn through ED's contract with them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Please don't give out false information.

It's LockOn that you need, not Flaming Cliffs, they are different products. Flaming Cliffs is an addon made to go over LockOn. FC3 being the most recent version.

Your correct about Flaming Cliffs being an addon to LockOn but there are two disk with the Flaming Cliffs install. The first disk is the "Lock On" disk and the second disk is the "Flaming Cliffs" addon disk. This is what I had installed before "World" came about.