Auto rotate without fuel shutoff?

Flamin_Squirrel

I have the throttle mapped to an axis, and just roll it to idle when I want to do a power off auto ( in 1.2.5).

@ methluckydonut: I haven't tried it in game, but is that really how it works? The stop on the throttle is called an 'idle stop' because it stops you from going below idle, and accidentally shutting off the engine. It shouldn't be keeping the engine at fly power...

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

It's because the idle stop is implemented but not functionnal yet ... ( weird I know )

As you said, IRL, it would shut the fuel supply and so cut off the Turbine ...

So just roll the turbine to Idle with the twist grip, and let your one way bearing do the rest :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Just switch the governor to manual and roll the throttle to idle. In real life the engine isn't completely shut down either while doing autorotation training.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate