New screens...

Cannon damage

That sergei ground cannon is nice, though that heli isnt as lucky as this airplane with same projectile (23mm) going trough.. That thing is loud, and masculin, with its powerful punch which youll feel in you face and pants..

In first picture it went in..

attachment.php?attachmentid=4161&stc=1&d=1137691438

and second it came out..

attachment.php?attachmentid=4162&stc=1&d=1137691459

IMG_1182_small.jpg.7c3b26e819c7325a44b12cfc4ab2cabe.jpg

IMG_1181_small.jpg.b79cc61928496b22eda9737894e62756.jpg

I hope this doesnt make ED feel bad...but what is the purpose of having a fuel truck or a fire truck or a new vehicle with a ladder on its back ....without any ground crew to interact with them. Its like making new models and putting it in a showcase.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

...but what is the purpose of having a fuel truck or a fire truck or a new vehicle with a ladder on its back ....

Maybe because there is a ladder on the real truck ? :p

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

I hope this doesnt make ED feel bad...but what is the purpose of having a fuel truck or a fire truck or a new vehicle with a ladder on its back ....without any ground crew to interact with them. Its like making new models and putting it in a showcase.

What "ladder"? :)

- JJ.

JJ

Those ground vehicles will be great to build FARPs.

I am realy curious what how the final list of new vehicles, AAAs and static objects will look like. As a mission builder this belongs to the stuff I am looking forward most.

What would be real cool are free placeable unimproved airstrips like Il-2 has. Best in different flavour like runway lenght and degree of reinforcement ( grass, dirt, metal plankings etc. ). Such an airstrip could be a simple placeable object wich wouldn't be that complex model wise ( just a rectangular with a nice texture ). And the carrier shows that collision detection for placeable objects is already there.

I wonder if it will be possible to spawn helicopters/planes(?) at FARPs and let them fly complete missions from them or if those FARPs are realy just places to rearm and refueling points. Per example for the Harrier it would be common practis to fly to a field location after the first mission, then fly all the following missions that day from the field location and return to the homebase after the last mission for maintenance during the night.

What "ladder"? :)

- JJ.

lol! I was talking about that little small climbing AID there :p...for crew to *climb* up to... :redface: ...lol...that was an akward explaination :icon_roll.....lol..

9cc92936332998985ed5deaa3968435d.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

well...the whole point is...

comeon ED....you need little ppl running around....:p...thats the whole point of having a SIMULATED game. I mean....pilots have ground crew...the plane does not get ready from refuel to preperation by the pilot alone.

also the igla is soo animationless.....lol....like a building or tank he explodes when shot at.

please look at apache air assault...a arcade game by activision value. Really impressive little ppl running around shooting with their little ak 47's. Heli sims need this. look at comache 4. probably the best immersive arcade sim EVER.

lol! nice one dude. :D :p

well...the whole point is...

comeon ED....you need little ppl running around....:p...thats the whole point of having a SIMULATED game. I mean....pilots have ground crew...the plane does not get ready from refuel to preperation by the pilot alone.

also the igla is soo animationless.....lol....like a building or tank he explodes when shot at.

please look at apache air assault...a arcade game by activision value. Really impressive little ppl running around shooting with their little ak 47's. Heli sims need this. look at comache 4. probably the best immersive arcade sim EVER.

I'm woundering about this idea, do you honestly think that the present engine is really up to this task ?????

Personally I seriously dought it, it seems to be straining is it is with the myriad of fuctions that it now preforms....

Allthough I'm sure that ED has a plan to implement something along these lines in future releases, you can actually see it starting to happen now with the introduction of actual ground forces...

For example the Igla soldier and now the AAA crew, but its far from any SH III crew or Call of Duty 2 combat.....

So I don't know, there might be plans in the works for a new engine, but honestly this is pure speculation...

But one thing for sure after years of following all of their works of art, we really won't know anything definite untill we actually have it loaded into our PC's (LOL).......

I guess only time will tell......

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

In the picture with the Ka-50 with a refueling truck near it it can be seen the truck has self shadowing... this is new I think ... and nice also.

edit... actualy all cars now are self shadowing in close up shot... kewl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

In the picture with the Ka-50 with a refueling truck near it it can be seen the truck has self shadowing... this is new I think ... and nice also.

edit... actualy all cars now are self shadowing in close up shot... kewl

Self-shadowing is applied to the object that is actively viewed (e.g. selected with F2 camera). This does not appear to be new. (Lockon 1.0 feature)