targeting diamond

for 1.2 can we have an option to turn the green targeting diamond on/off as it is unrealistic

problem is when designing own missions/campaigns i want to be able to designate in the mission editor targets without the green diamond showing up ( its harder to find moving targets ) and its more realistic

i know its supposed to be laser targeting by recce/special forces etc etc

moonbeast

the thing is, that the diamond shouldn't show up if the laser spot is hidden behind some terrain. Unfortunately it does, making it very unrealistic :(

I don't know about anyone else, but I can set units as "destroy" mission goals without having to set them as targets . . . . . I think the only real use in setting something as a target is to GET the targeting diamond.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can set units as "destroy" mission goals without having to set them as targets . . . . . I think the only real use in setting something as a target is to GET the targeting diamond.

Exactly. Why set them as targets if you don't want the diamonds?

Can LGB's be used this way? on the A-10?

Yes, but the problem is that A-10 doesn't actually carry LGBs.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!