Saitek X36 Gameport HOTAS

Groove

• ED Team

Hi,

i have a X36 Gameport Hotas System which i dont use anymore. I thought i could donate it to somebody who could use it. I would pay the shipping also but i would like to donate it to somebody who cant afford a new HOTAS but also could still use the X36 somehow. Remember, its gameport version so i dont know if its usable on Windows XP. Maybe our russian friends from the russian forum could use it.

If you know someone who could use it, PM me.

Remember, its gameport version so i dont know if its usable on Windows XP. Maybe our russian friends from the russian forum could use it.

Someone did make the driver for that joystick for WinXP. I have both the driver and the joystick, but, since I also have the USB version, I never found time and will to try them out.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I also read that it works if just plugged in to a gameport as a joystick with 6 buttons with windows driver. Throttle and rudder also work, but none of the keys on the throttle.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Once upon a time there was this site. This man made a NT-compatible driver which allows to program each and every button of the GAMEPORT Saitek X36F+X35T.

http://x36driver.r8.org/

I downloaded the latest driver some months ago, but now the site seems offline

And yes, with that driver the gameport joystick works well under XP.

If you don't want to program all the billion of button combinations, you can still hook up to the gameport and use it like a common six button + throttle and 2 POV joystick.

I bought it for 10 euros on ebay. definitely a bargain, would recommend to anyone, even if it's a bit less plug'n'play than the x45. I'd call it more "plug'n'pray" ;)

http://www24.brinkster.com/x36driver/ is where it was last I saw, it's sourceforge page redirects to the link starlight posted. I have the 5.13 version installed but I don't have the installer for it anymore. It works fairly well once you figure out the profiler the guy wrote but since it is an analog joystick you need to set some good sized dead zones on the axes.