game crashes at midflight - please help

SilentBob

Hello all. I'm not new to LOMAC FC1.11 but this a problem I never got before:

when flying campaign the game crashes in weird way - I get a black screen just some sound running in the background and after about 30 seconds I get an error message like: lock on encountered an unexpected error and will be shut down etc..(forgive me for not translating the message correctly my XP is not in English) and them I CTD.

thing is the crash happens ONLY after I install some high res F-15 skins (like Oxyd's for example) with LOMAN 2.1(got teka teka patch!)

when playing with the stock skins I do not crash. and its only with the F-15 skins as far as I know.

here's the crashlog:

19/01/2006 15:59 V502031740

DXProceduralTexture: failed to create, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

Dispatcher: track version = 502031740

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 9252925

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 9252925

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:22

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-red.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-blue.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-cherry.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

LuaExport::Lua data export disabled

Warning: (texture class Graphics::DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

Warning: (effect class Graphics::DXProjLight) must be loaded to step 1, step 0 reported.

Warning: (effect class Graphics::DXProjLight) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

anybody got an idea?

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

Well, don't use those F-15 skins. :p Perhaps that's not the answer you were hoping for? I don't know if LoMan 2.1 works well with FC (I'm using ModMan/LoMan 5)... Are the skins supposed to be compatible with 1.11? Have you tried not CDDS-ing them?

well, Loman2.1 with TEKA TEKA patch is supposed to handle FC 1.11 with no probs and it does, with other non F-15 skins (such as SU-27) and yes, I've tried not CDDs-ing them. sadly. for some reason that I'm not aware of I can't use ModMan or Loman4b3...:confused: so I'm stuck with Loman2.1.

SB

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

There is a bug in 1.11 with certain day numbers. Crash/hangs on days 8 & 9 (and others) Perhaps it's that.

Whatcha been smokin' dude?

never heard of that.

is there a smily that I missed somewhere in your post Gazehound?

SB

System Specs:

Day 8 and 9 crash.

OK than, you mean every day that has 8 and 9 init? that means: 8,9, 18, 19, 28, 29?

SB

System Specs:

Look at crash log, says day 22.

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:22

Check to see if you have the files that are failing to load.

here are the rrsults of my search:

file TRAVA-2.TGA : not found in LOCKON folder.

files: samara-red.bmp, samara-blue.bmp, and samara-cherry.bmp are found in: Bazar\terrain\structures\high folder in :Vaz-2109

can you make something out of this info?

SB

System Specs:

another crash... (sigh...) another crashlog:

21/01/2006 15:18 V502031740

DXProceduralTexture: failed to create, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.

Dispatcher: track version = 502031740

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 511734

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 511734

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:23

DXDefTexture: failed to load C-130-PAINT-DEF1.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-red.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-blue.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-cherry.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

LuaExport::Lua data export disabled

Warning: (texture class Graphics::DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

Warning: (texture class Graphics::DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 1, step 0 reported.

SB

System Specs:

DXProceduralTexture: failed to create, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

This may be the initiation of the error. But no indication of why.

Have you tried reinstalling?

yes I have. but no luck :confused: . when I crash I get a windows error message saying something like: "the memory couldn't be "read" " or something like that (forgive my poor translating skills..:( )

SB

System Specs:

OK this is the full version of the error message I get after crashing with FC1.11:

"The instruction at "0x01a93db0" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".

and one time:

The instruction at "0x77bcb9b5" referenced memory at "0x00030006". The memory could not be "write".

some has an idea what this message means and it could be solved?

SB

System Specs:

Yeah we all get that. I think its a Windows 32 things, I dont get these messages in Win64, but I have a few programs that get this error in Win32.

And this is just when you use F-15 skins?

The textures that are failing to load, arent even part of the 15 skin are they?

AT first I thoght it was just with the F-15 skins. then I got it with the "vanilla" F-15 too, so ,maybe it's got nothing to do with it. nothing to do about this prob - you say you all get it? I didn't get it with me old rig, but come to think about it - I didn't play it too much with the old rig.

SB

System Specs:

• 3 weeks later...

copy the #'s (ex x000000008 33333333) from your log into Internet and search, try Microsoft also. Although your code may not be readily available, there is a methodology to that sequencing of numbers...I think the x00000 catagory is hardware. I would try uninstalling drivers and reinstalling.

Also, sounds like you need to run your Windows Update and at the very least make sure you have Framework 1.1 installed on your machine if u are having probs with the Modman utilities.

Although this may or may not help, it wont hurt; unfortunately, its not always just 1 thing that fixes everything but the process of elimination will get you there. Recently, virus attacks etc corruppted many system files which needed to be replaced with a windows update. Framework was one of them.

You might want to consider a partition with fresh windows install and seeing if that helps if your hardware errors are simply due to your configuration (If hardware swapping is out of the question) . When did the problem start? If you didnt install new drivers or new hardware and a new install of LO doesnt work, virus scan, adaware, + updates, and system restore if u can.