So which would you prefer next B-17 or English Coast? State your reasons too please.

Mysticpuma

So which would you prefer next B-17 or English Coast? State your reasons too please.  

99 members have voted

1. 1. So which would you prefer next B-17 or English Coast? State your reasons too please.

• Flyable B-17
    • Extended Map to include English Coastline

That's about it really. It looks set for the 262 being a possibility, maybe even (at this moment 50/50)

So lets say the Developer's ask where to focus their next target at (once the Kickstarter closes and work begins).

Currently it looks like a B-17 or The English Coast.

My choice would be for the English Coast for the simple fact that it would allow longer flights, historical airfields and much more in-depth options for Campaign building.

Once the foundation and money starts coming in for these additions, that could be put towards the creation of the B-17.

Of-course there may be other options possible once it is launched, like a B-25/26 or P-38 or Mosquito, but as it stands at the moment, which of the two options (B-17 or English Coast) do you think would be more useful and possibly generate the most money?

Cheers, MP

The map is the more important piece to this endeavor. The planes will come in time as long as the sandbox has all the sand to keep things interesting.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Map.

Frankly, I think Luthier might do better to postpone the B-17 until the general viability of the project is more secure. It is going to involve a great deal of work, and simpler aircraft should provide a return on investment sooner.

Edited by AndyJWest
clarify

I voted for the B-17 even though with the choice to not have the English coastline makes it a weird choice... But - the B-17 is a lot more work to make so air-starting it initially is something I could live with until the bomber bases are added later. And a flyable B-17 would draw a heck of a lot more people to the sim than a strip of southern England ;) I could even live with an IL2 online map style "air base floating in the middle of the ocean"... Or rather a small fake island that at least looks real like that one on the IL2 Normandy map (but a bit further from the French coast in that case)

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Neither!

Lacking core DCS features will be dragging this project down, especially for those who played Il-2 CoD. Graphics, AI, external damage model (effects). Not only these should become high-priority goals, there should also be an announcement on hwo they're going to improve what clearly lies within the DCS core in general.

My choice would be for the English Coast for the simple fact that it would allow longer flights, historical airfields and much more in-depth options for Campaign building.

+1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Well actually failure will occur if there is only one scenario/map available and The Channels or "la manche" is a good example.. It is a great scenario but really fast boring to global virtual pilots. A map a scenario that is well suited for many fights and a good terrain relief.

ROF for example understand this quickly and now adding more maps.

DCS 1944 must do the same. even a Pacific scenario would do good. but a real good is for example the Eastern side where "sport" dog fighting were happening.

Fly it like you stole it..

It really boil down to the Terrain .. any well done DCS aircraft will be fun to fight on for sure but having a sight pleasure and challenge in well made mapS will be a winner. also something that is a must is the weather physic well done.

Fly it like you stole it..

The new EDGE graphic engine should address most of the terrain problems of DCS. The map is the most important aspect, providing a considerable number of fighter scenarios, and the B17/Lancaster etc can be added later, when resources allow. The development plans to stay with the ETO for quite sometime providing maps and aircraft. BOS will probably concentrate on the Eastern Front in their next addon. I don't see any need for DCSWW2 to have Russian aircraft for years and years, if they ever venture into areas where Russian aircraft were used. Having Russian aircraft would have no effect on DCSWW2's survivability, atleast for the foreseeable future. We will have BOS to satisfy our Eastern urges. In the meantime COD will be a good option after the next TF patch, to tied us over until BOS, and DCSWW2 are flyable. Its all good.