ED's 3d untextured Ka-50 (screenshots) amazing detail

I don't think it's the same model that's used in the screen shots on the ED site.

Follow the panel line down from the front of the triangular window - there's some sort of latch there - that's on the screenshots on the lockon.ru site

In tehis pic, in front of the latch the transition from the body to the belly has a rounded recess with a round "button" in it.

That's no there in the screenshots from ED - unless they've refines the model since posting them.

Cheers.

This model looks like a render example. Its seems to be overdetailed to be ingame. It has far too many tiny details wich can be donne by textures. For example the flares dispenser over the wings are fully detailed with round holes on it. You can have a texture with holes painted on it to simulate the same effect. Whos going to fly by it and look into the holes anyway?

The Airframe metal plates have also 3D assembly junctions, cables ETC. Its just too crazy to think what kind of system strain it would give. I mean 12 aircraft on a runway can hog the game completely even if your not seeing them in front of you 100km away. Imgaine a handfull of helos like this. SLide show. Will BS feature better LOD management? I hope so.

I estimate this model to be over 100000 Polygons. At the very least. I used to make 3D models for games as well. (dont have enough skill for organic shapes such as these though)

Very nice Model though. I wish I had time to perfect my 3D to this level.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Here's the author,

http://www.cgtalk.ru/exc.php?id=sunnncho

and his website,

http://www.sunnncho.pochta.ru

My guess would be that he works for ED,

It's pretty cool if he works for ED and does an amazing job at only 23. :)

It doesn't look like he does... at least there's no mention of it in the interview with him. His Ka-50 is STILL work in progress... Pretty amazing for his age.

LomacBanner.gif

It doesn't look like he does... at least there's no mention of it in the interview with him. His Ka-50 is STILL work in progress... Pretty amazing for his age.

Wasn't Mozart 4 when he composed his first classical work? :D

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

argh Jens... me want model... now!! ;)

Oh my god! - I have never seen anything like it!!

Thanks Michael - no the pop-ups didnt work for me either....the full sized renders are even more mind blowing! :)

I ran the page(an interview) through babelfish, and he said that he is working on an Su-30 and might take on the Su-33 afterwards :)

I also found the page from which the model is being sold. It is some 261.000 polygons and costs $1.695,- ........ay! :biggrin:

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

damn!! my keyboard's all wet .....damn ...flanker....controlling my life....:@

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Oh my god! - I have never seen anything like it!!

Actually this is giving me flashbacks about the very first "concept art" renders of Flanker2, when I thought how great it would be to really have such a quality in-game one day... must be some 10 years ago ;)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

I didn't think too that the two shown models are models for lockon because:

-The Polycount is too high

-The Models from the BS look different on any places

-This side looks for me like Turbosquide.com it's a side there tanent modeller

can sell her modells.