Less regular DCS World updates

JoeAce

Every update that ED releases every 2 months or so introduces new bugs. It would be better to have major updates every 4 months. This would help in having a stable release for at least 3 months after the initial instability gets fixed. Also, ED can include more new features in each release rather than having just a few minor new features.

The frequency of the updates is not an issue. The quality of the updates, however, is.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

^^

This.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

agreed, it feels like everything is still Beta all these updates later IMHO

It also feels like the release patches aren't tested. It seems to be more an after action test and report; rather than test, release.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I have no problem with frequent patches at least if it's technical done like the way now with a autoupdater - I hate downloading and manually installing patches all the time - that's so '90s :D

I understand that it's quite frustrating to have a patch and see it breaking the game (had problems myself) - but at least I can revert to some older patchlevel and fly that at least in single player. For multiplayer patches-gone-wrong are a big problem. But with frequent patches I can also hope that the next one will be here in the nearest future and make things better - hopefully. With infrequent patches I'm maybe stuck with a problem for months.

I like the way it's now but 1.2.6 was really a pita also.

What I would really love to see is some kind of public bugtracker with keywords and where we can see what's the matter with the diffent bugs and their priority and work done on them.

There are some nice systems for that on the market.

Frequent updates are much better than rarely updates but ED needs to use the auto updater to fix bugs after releasing to the public. The update package should include bug fixes and not any new features potentially creating other bugs. Testers will never discover all the bugs so ED is dependent on the public release to tell if all is well so there is no need for the testers to run tests for months on a new build. Almost 100% of the bugs will be discovered by the public users the first week after a release if the program in itself works stable, at least the most important game breakers. Identifying and solving bugs is in my mind a permanent task in any software company; also for a serious game developer.