Mi-8 mission concept thread

New mission for testing if anyone fancies trying it and feedback please. Another Nav mission using ARK UD at night :music_whistling:

I like the idea, nice mission. :)

But here's a short list of things I noticed. :music_whistling:

• The title reads "Clandestine Ops 1"
  • Are players supposed to use the mission planner? It shows units, triggers and flight plans that probably shouldn't be seen by the player
  • If not, what's the desired heading after take-off? It's dark after all and when flying high enough to see a river, the enemy fighters will be alerted
  • In-game text messages and briefing disagree on ARK channels (briefing is correct, text messages are not)
  • "Fly up the river valley until the river narrows, keep going until you come to the tributary flowing into it from the East. The SEALs and the HVT are waiting there for pickup." The description is a bit vague, doesn't mention that the flight plan means following the river (or its tributary?) southbound
  • Is the trigger altitude for the enemy fighters AGL or MSL? I triggered them when going over a powerline right before the troop pickup, which isn't that high IMO
  • Maybe add a "buffer" altitude where a warning is issued by the co-pilot? I got shot down twice now. It's always a bit difficult to stay within parameters when it's unclear what they are ("Oh by the way keep low" - how low? 100ft? 500ft?).

Let's see if I'll give it another try tomorrow and give those Su-33s a harder time to pick me up. :D

I like the idea, nice mission. :)

But here's a short list of things I noticed. :music_whistling:

• The title reads "Clandestine Ops 1"
  • Are players supposed to use the mission planner? It shows units, triggers and flight plans that probably shouldn't be seen by the player
  • If not, what's the desired heading after take-off? It's dark after all and when flying high enough to see a river, the enemy fighters will be alerted
  • In-game text messages and briefing disagree on ARK channels (briefing is correct, text messages are not)
  • "Fly up the river valley until the river narrows, keep going until you come to the tributary flowing into it from the East. The SEALs and the HVT are waiting there for pickup." The description is a bit vague, doesn't mention that the flight plan means following the river (or its tributary?) southbound
  • Is the trigger altitude for the enemy fighters AGL or MSL? I triggered them when going over a powerline right before the troop pickup, which isn't that high IMO
  • Maybe add a "buffer" altitude where a warning is issued by the co-pilot? I got shot down twice now. It's always a bit difficult to stay within parameters when it's unclear what they are ("Oh by the way keep low" - how low? 100ft? 500ft?).

Let's see if I'll give it another try tomorrow and give those Su-33s a harder time to pick me up. :D

Sorry will fix the things you mention. Trouble with the hight trigger is you have no idea whether its in ft or m so I been experimenting. Will raise the hight tonight.

I will also make it obvious which way to fly and hide units:lol:

Also fix description for ARK channels. I appreciate your input mate thanks:thumbup:

Rain drops my fps into the basement unfortunately. I really have to upgrade my gpu soon, everything else is good or better.

I will get rid of the rain for you and make a day and night version because instrument flying across the sea is hard:P

those bastards with the Su33 :joystick:

^^

i agree with yurgon...

Changes coming, would you prefer a flight of hinds to hunt you down:pilotfly:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haha.. No Problem! :) I had to laugh, when i was to high after takeoff and he said " you stupid ****er" ^^

But thats also my kind of thinking... say it as directly and clear as possible... :thumbup:

:D

I will get rid of the rain for you and make a day and night version because instrument flying across the sea is hard:P

Thanks Cibit. Cloudy is ok. Raindrops just kill me though.

I vote for Hinds as the hunters......

New version with fixes posted earlier in Yurgons bug list:thumbup:

Nice! its quite hard ^^ i had to "cheat" a little bit, with the ruler. its really hard to find the correct spots... it would be nice, when you are near the spot, when someone would say "you are close, there is a lake, go 2miles north" or something.

I also had the problem after the landing and dropoff that nothing happens...?

i had no possibility to ask the vector to the farp? or did i do something wrong?

Thanks again!

New version with fixes posted earlier in Yurgons bug list:thumbup:

Wow, thanks! :)

This time i managed to finish the mission. I know how night time flying over water is very difficult. But I almost crashed twice while trying to come in for a landing on the carrier. Man that's hard at night. :)

whups... ive made the mistake and played the old mission...

the new one works... But after the Landing and load out the troops on the Ship, nothing happens?

Mission over. Go to the canteen for a mug of cocoa:)

Not very good at end triggers:doh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the clandestine mission dont work properly for me, or im doing something wrong:

When heading to the first pick up (77 degrees for 25), i see the troops and purple smoke, land 15ft from them, but they dont enter the helicopter, do i have to open the doors first?

If so, how?

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

ok thanks, ill try that later today

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

I don't remember on this mission off hand but maybe you have to use the radio to "Load Troops..."

Hi you need to use radio then f10 for troop loading. You can also check your cargo load to make sure also via f10

Cheers

That worked, thanks!

I posted it late last night, so i guess i was to tired to think straight :-D

• 2 weeks later...

New mission for you to try if you fancy it.

Delivering engine parts to an neighbouring airport. There may be additional work during mission;)

Uses the add cargo weight so an extra 400 kg will be loaded until you deliver it. Makes take off less straightforward.

Also dynamic weather has created challenging flying conditions.

It will help if you are familiar with following compass courses and or using DOPPLER and ARK UD and radios:thumbup:

Uses CTTS and all load/unload commands are accessed via radio coms

Should be flyable in 2 - 2.5 hours Single player only

As always feedback greatly appreciated:)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Cibit,

The new mission looks good. Thanks again for your efforts. Until I upgrade my graphics card I still have a problem with precipitation. When I fired up your latest, it was snowing and my fps dropped into the single digits. Clouds etc seem ok, but any precipitation and it's unplayable for me right now.

Oh well, I have my upgraded power supply ready to install then I can start thinking about a new gpu card

Soz mate. Just open it in ME and change weather settings. Its dynamic ATM so it snows fairly randomly/intermittently:)

Not really very experienced with the ME but getting it figured out a bit. At least I can get the fps back up in your mission. Any suggestion for weather settings to get the general basic conditions you were trying for in your mission except without precipitation .... ?

Ok new version for ppl adverse to a little rain and snow;)

Weathers clearing from the East but temperatures have dropped rapidly with that strong siberian wind blowing off the steppes:music_whistling:

Outside Air temp -6 centigrade, dont forget your flask of soup

Also increased the insertion group size to 18 soldiers try not to kill any when you land like I did when testing, they dont respawn

Enjoy:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]