ED : next titel

dato_xp

We have the A/G DCS level A10, then Ka50 DCS

The bad news is that we have to wait years till fast jet come

Meanwhile, more helis DCS, but still no fast jet...

Sad but true.

IMHO many players stick with F4 BMS, because there is no high fidelity alternative for a multirole jet.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I am confused; can anyone tell me which product will be developed by ED and not third party?

It still looks like third party developers are not as skillful as ED developers are, even taking look on cockpit of Mi-8 or Mig-21 they look like cartoon, colors are not real, panels look like from flanker or LOMAC, 3 D models are less alive then is cockpit and 3 d model of A-10C, with more angulated edges, And if this minor things are not well worked-through then how can we be sure that flight physics will be. So can you guys tell me which product is developed next by ED itself?

I dont see where you see "cartoonish" in these renders:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1850719&postcount=1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

ofcourse its a matter of opinion. my point being that the fact that it is debatable speaks volumes of the quality.

here are some pics of the mig 21 cockpit. IMHO it is better than anything ed has done so far.

But those are renders, aren't they?

I'll judge after comparing them ingame.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I am confused; can anyone tell me which product will be developed by ED and not third party?

It still looks like third party developers are not as skillful as ED developers are, even taking look on cockpit of Mi-8 or Mig-21 they look like cartoon, colors are not real, panels look like from flanker or LOMAC, 3 D models are less alive then is cockpit and 3 d model of A-10C, with more angulated edges, And if this minor things are not well worked-through then how can we be sure that flight physics will be. So can you guys tell me which product is developed next by ED itself?

Can you give me a link, please?

I'd definitely like a cartoon with graphics like the Mig21.

Do you have a calibrated monitor, btw? Or how do you judge colors are off? Do you use HDR?

But those are renders, aren't they?

I'll judge after comparing them ingame.

No, screenshots.

But would love to see some renders tho.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Maybe I'm old, but when I think of arcade, I think of this:

Flaming Cliffs is actually something I've only recently gotten into, after I started learning DCS A-10C actually. I'd have to say I'm enjoying both at the same time.

ED is just trying to appeal to a variety of simmers...we'll get a multi-role jet when it's ready. I'm pretty sure they're not sitting around like this...

Edit: Sorry, my embedding skills are nonexistent...

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

The thing I hate about Flaming cliffs modules is that each button only does one thing.

In real jets, buttons like TMS and DMS are incredibly useful because they have completely different functions depending on the master mode.

Instead of pressing a ton of keyboard commands, you just flip the master mode switch and have a bunch of different, useful functions at your fingertips.

This actually makes them much easily to fly and operate effectively in a variety of mode dependant roles.

isn't it time for ED to step up their game? We've been stuck with A-10C for 3 years now....

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

http://www.simhq.com/air-combat/dcs-mi-8mtv2-magnificent-preview.html/2

here it is, look at the instrument panel , does it look like real?

Actually I have to admit that Mig-21 looks okay , I have not seen this screens

So you didn't see them "live" just those pictures... makes sense now.

Check some movies in HD with them. Like these quick picks from youtube...

Mi-8 is a bit "spartan" in atmosphere but the cockpit looks great and maybe later some "HD" textures to increase definition will be available from moders like Ricardo or Devrim.

Granted... Mi-8 suffers from lack of pilots in cockpit in 1st person perspective but maybe it will be fixed this because the HD skins of pilots are in the archives.

btw...

and

I think from 3D point of view the 6DoF cockpits are excelent. Some textures could be improved (like the P51) and many where improved by moders (especially Ricardo). All cockpits would be alive if pilot would be inside.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Anyways...yay... I personally love the FC series. Can't wait for the eagle and flanker. pilotfly.gif pilotfly.gif

Snap! the FC3 Eagle and Flanker are great!! can't wait to get an AFM for them. It's a shame we aren't getting full click able DCS modules of course but I am sure they will be planed for future releases anyway. Any improvements get my vote for now. Maybe when Edge is finalised we'll see a faster pace of module development.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

My god that's stunning! I must keep up with the Mig-21 progress more closely.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Not much to keep up with at the moment. ;)

...but that will change soon.

BTW IMHO I think the remarks vis à vis cockpits looking cartoonish and ED needing to focus on "relevant issues" within DCS are just wrong and inappropriate.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Just AFM is not enough , we had AFM for Su-25T in FC1 but without clickable and functional cockpit and all other systems it’s still arcade

Again and again...........

ED announced that they were willing to bring both F-15C and Su-27 from FC3 to full DCS level. Maybe all others FC aircrafts, but it was to early to speak about that.

They said -for both aircrafts- that they will deliver an intermediate release, which will be AFM + 3D Cockpit + 3D models at DCS quality. Clickable cockpits with all systems models onboard will come later.

Please stop complaining about announced delivery planning. You want full DCS-quality planes only ? Wait for years and skip buying intermediate releases.But, if everyone does, DCS-quality products may not be published someday for funding issues. Make your choice.

Again and again...........

ED announced that they were willing to bring both F-15C and Su-27 from FC3 to full DCS level. Maybe all others FC aircrafts, but it was to early to speak about that.

They said -for both aircrafts- that they will deliver an intermediate release, which will be AFM + 3D Cockpit + 3D models at DCS quality. Clickable cockpits with all systems models onboard will come later.

I missed that part, it seems. I was only aware of EDs plans to add an AFM to these planes.

Do you have a link or something?

Written in several posts, but that one is a good summary:

Thanks for the link, but I can't see that Matt is implying there that the current FC3 planes (with new AFM & 6DOF cockpits) are planned to become fully grown hi-fi DCS aircrafts. He just talks about how this work is the ground work for further DCS modules. (but I admit, I am unable to follow his reasoning here - due to my lack of knowledge of EDs development procedures and workflows)

The "DCS Flaming Cliffs" modules allow us to develop the more detailed "DCS" titles in a more iterative way

What don't you understand ? He said -briefly- one of the aim of "DCS Flaming Cliffs" releases.

I remember that it was also explained in an other post with more details, not just one sentence like here.

The "cartoon" ness is defined in most part by the lighting engine. I think once the new IG is finalized, we should definitely see a better look in the cockpits.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|