ED : next titel

dato_xp

Do you think they update the graphics, especially the ground textures a bit with that update?

Terrain updates will happen soon enough when EDGE comes along, there are a few mods to make it look a bit nicer now if you can't wait however.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

F-15C/FC does not count , 'cause its just arcade , not real sim as A-10c is

Ace Combat is Arcade,

Flaming Cliffs is "Sim-Light"

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It is funny how people's minds changed concerning the question what is a simulation and what isn't.

Basically based on dato_xp's statement the only simulations in PC gaming history were Falcon 4.0 and its offsprings, and the DCS modules BS2, UH-1, Mi-2, and A-10C.

People considered Falcon 1.0 a simulation, Jane's USAF was definitely one, so why shouldn't FC3 be one?

Yeah, I know, in comparison. It still is funny. :)

Well, 100 years ago people thought the cars were insanely fast because they did 15km/h.

Today we think Koenigsegg One:1 is high-tec with 0-400 in 20 seconds and top speed above 450km/h.

With DCS: Black Shark raising the bar for desktop simulations we consider lock-on arcade, even though we thought it was the shiznit when released.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Ace Combat is Arcade,

Flaming Cliffs is "Sim-Light"

For me there is no such thing as Sim-Light :D If it is not an precise copy of real aircraft its not real sim, like Su-25T in FC as I know HUD is taken from other aircraft I think early version of Su-30, so if one can put any kind of indication which is not seen in real aircraft , and systems not imitate real systems how can you call it sim? is wing commander a sim? noo is Nova logic mig 29 sim ? noo:) is DCS : A -10 C sim I hope Yes:)

Courage is the art of being the only one who knows your're scared to death:pilotfly:

I would love to have Mig-29A simulation as it is, 'cause i hope it's systems are unclassified and everything can be modeled precisely, precision and reality is most impotent in simulations , I love F-15 C , Su-27 , F-18 but they are still operational meaning that systems are mostly classified, so it will not be possible to provide true simulation of their systems, so basically aircraft from 1970-1980 would be nice real sim to do. Like Mig-21 I hope this machine will simulate all systems very precisely and this will be real hit!

Courage is the art of being the only one who knows your're scared to death:pilotfly:

The systems themselves don't seem to be that classified. There's tons of video's and pictures around on what's in present day pits. Even from the military. The underlying technique is classified.

I find it funny how the F-35 is already pealed apart while it's still in a test phase. In the end it's the tax payers that need to be horny enough to see them flying over their villages. My government can't get away with spending so much money on aircraft anymore like in the 50's/70's without informing the tax payer where their money will go.

The main reasons why the US would like NL to buy F-35's is the improved network communications and the improved small size atom bombs from the US will fit on the F-35. Apparently the US has a small stock in my country that fits the F-16. The improved launching and navigation systems of these bombs don't seem to fit on other aircraft and the old git F-16. Yes, you read that correct. The US military transport planes still fly on and off with these bombs. At least, they do in my country. Nothing has changed much since the 50's on that regard. Only that there's less 'lost' bombs and far less ultra long range missiles in silo's. Our governments got rid of the silo's, but have more carried bombs.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

For me there is no such thing as Sim-Light :D If it is not an precise copy of real aircraft its not real sim

(...) is DCS : A -10 C sim I hope Yes:)

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but by your definition, it is not. Some systems are not modeled in A-10C, and a handful of other may not work exactly like the real deal. So it's not a simulation, I guess...

I would love to have Mig-29A simulation as it is, 'cause i hope it's systems are unclassified and everything can be modeled precisely, precision and reality is most impotent in simulations , I love F-15 C , Su-27 , F-18 but they are still operational meaning that systems are mostly classified, so it will not be possible to provide true simulation of their systems, so basically aircraft from 1970-1980 would be nice real sim to do. Like Mig-21 I hope this machine will simulate all systems very precisely and this will be real hit!

And the A-10C is not classified ? It is very much in service, and more recent than either the F/A-18s or F-15s (pretty much any versions of those). The A-10C is in fact very recent, and quite early in it's service life.

For me there is no such thing as Sim-Light :D If it is not an precise copy of real aircraft its not real sim.

Then there is no such thing as a "real sim" in the entire world.

That's a probably a good thing, though, as it means we can finally stop all of the tiresome, futile and ultimately pointless arguments about "arcade" versus "sim-lite" versus "sim", right?

Right?

Oh, well. I can dream. :joystick:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

For me there is no such thing as Sim-Light :D If it is not an precise copy of real aircraft its not real sim, like Su-25T in FC as I know HUD is taken from other aircraft I think early version of Su-30, so if one can put any kind of indication which is not seen in real aircraft , and systems not imitate real systems how can you call it sim? is wing commander a sim? noo is Nova logic mig 29 sim ? noo:) is DCS : A -10 C sim I hope Yes:)

Nothing against DCS A-10C, but even that's not a 100% Copy, just sayin'. There will never be a 100% Copy, because data is still classified.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but by your definition, it is not. Some systems are not modeled in A-10C, and a handful of other may not work exactly like the real deal. So it's not a simulation, I guess...

And the A-10C is not classified ? It is very much in service, and more recent than either the F/A-18s or F-15s (pretty much any versions of those). The A-10C is in fact very recent, and quite early in it's service life.

Well , i know that it is in service and is classified, that's why it is better to do an aircraft which can be closely simulated to real one, and i guess Mig 21 or Mig 29A or Su-25K would be good choice as most of this birds are updated to modern level avionics , and I think original version would be more reachable to the developers.

Speaking of A-10C as I know Eagle dynamics developed real sim for US national guards/ military guys( is this true?), thats why I think this version of game is most closely simulated , at least indications on HUD and MFD are not made up from the fantasy of developers :) I hope:)

I think best would be to do Su-25 :) as there is no HUD indications and all systems could be simulated by book to come closer to real one.

But best would be MIg-29 2-12

Dont get me wrong I am just saying that to enjoy sim it should be as close as possible to the real aircraft , otherwise it will be no different from Ace Combat or Wing Coomander

I dont like HUD indication of SU-27 and Mig-29 ,MFD is very wrong, and there is a ton of video on youtube showing real indication , it is not very complex , so why not to do it in sim as it is in real life?

And this is question to the developers, is it posible to simulate random appeearnece of UFO in DCS game? over Nevada or in any other locations? it would be great and interesting to have such mission , to intercept UFOs:) don't you think guys that would be fun and interesting missions too

And this is question to the developers, is it posible to simulate random appeearnece of UFO in DCS game? over Nevada or in any other locations? it would be great and interesting to have such mission , to intercept UFOs:) don't you think guys that would be fun and interesting missions too

Sorry No I think it would be dumb :alien:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And this is question to the developers, is it posible to simulate random appeearnece of UFO in DCS game? over Nevada or in any other locations?

Yes. Make a new 3D model, like a new AI aircraft, just the external model using SFM. Then use the mission editor for the rest.

it would be great and interesting to have such mission , to intercept UFOs:) don't you think guys that would be fun and interesting missions too

No, why would it?:huh:

I am sorry for funny question, but could anyone tell me opinion on DCS: A 10C Vs Falcon 4 AF, or its most recent update, do you think avionics are more real in A-10 or in F-16? I mean which sim more realistically simulates systems

• 2 months later...
I am sorry for funny question, but could anyone tell me opinion on DCS: A 10C Vs Falcon 4 AF, or its most recent update, do you think avionics are more real in A-10 or in F-16? I mean which sim more realistically simulates systems

<sniff>... <sniff>... Is that troll, I smell?:smilewink:

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

• 5 weeks later...