A-10c ILS - Did something Change?

FreakRaccoon

I seem to be having difficulties with ILS in the A-10c, I can only correlate it to the most recent 1.2.6 updates.

Does anyone know if a procedure or systems were changed? I'm following the same procedures I have in the past, but can not get correct ILS indications.

- No glide slope deviation indication on the ADI

- No vertical ILS bar indication on ADI

- Horizontal ILS bar indication on ADI seems to be bouncy and maybe not accurate

I will keep testing different airports that have ILS, to see if it is the airport, but I just "un-clicked" the SteerPoint button on the console, and I got vertical indication with the ILS steering bars on the ADI. I believe the glide slope deviation as well. Push the button back in and I loose them.

Hey Raccoon, is this happening regardless of single player, multiplayer, multiplayer server?

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

I get both horizontal and vertical bar just fine but something seems to have changed still... When you bank your plane vertical bar immediately moves to the side you are banking. Is this the new (old?) Flight Director behaviour or a bug?

Agree with Noodle... Here's an older thread that an ED tester just replied that it's now "fixed":

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70045

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

I think there might have been a mixup of frequencies. Yesterday we were flying ILS on Tblisi.

We used the frequency on the CDU divert page for runway 13. Did not work. Funny enough on the missed approach, when crossing the threshold of R31 we got the Marker Beacon!

The marker beacon is in no way an indication for ILS functionality.

Instead listen to the ILS morse identifier.

Marker beacons transmit on 75 MHz, the marker beacon receiver is already tuned to this frequency since this is it's only job so you never have to adjust anything to receiver marker beacon signals.