EAC not correct during cold start

AhSoul

EGI must have aligned for the full 4 minutes, your CDU must be in Navigation mode, you must have EGI mode selected on the NMSP (Navigation Mode Select Panel), and both pitch and yaw SAS must be engaged. Those are the four direct requirements for EAC.

Let us know if you need help with any of the above.

I've stumbled over that too - it will tell you "INS NAV READY" before alignment is complete and you can switch to degraded NAV which will not allow EAC to activate (it will continue alignment and EAC will be available later). "INS NAV READY" will be flashing when it's really good to go.

Soul... at which point are you turning your CDU on? Not that this has anything to do with your issue- that question has already been answered...

But depending on which cold start routine you're following, sometimes turning on the CDU is near the end of the process.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Great to hear it! I'm sure the guys will be happy to have some new enthusiasts in there to hang out with...

I was going to mention to get that CDU fired up as soon as possible (I can be through almost all my initial switches before the APU is spooled up). Sounds like you're ontop of it!

"ENO"

AhSoul looking at this and your other thread I think you should download a checklist. It really will help and wont be needed for long before everything is second nature. Also the CDU starts when the APU is up to speed AND the APU generator is on.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Just google DCS A-10c startup checklist and print one or 2 out.

Until you get the hang of it ignore the indicator tests. Keep the list basic to battery, inverter, CDU, CDU Generator etc.

Do the start-up, taxi to runway and quit and start over until you have it down.

An empty multiplayer mission is a good place to practice since you don't have to set anything up.

Good Luck. :thumbup:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

It is obviously up to the individual but I found a routine that works really well for me and I'll share it- but keep in mind this is just the way I do it and I'm not saying it's better than anyone else's way.

I start on my right thigh after batteries and inverter are all turned on and I get the APU started, then work my way around counter clockwise... it became a bit more intuitive for me though it's a bit unorthodox...

CDU switches are generally first so I don't forget them (lol), then pitot heat and oxygen... then moving up to the front right of the panel I skip over the CMS package and hit the right MFCD, then over to left side, hitting anti skid, nosewheel light, left MFCD and give the SAI a twirl.

If I'm going to bomb up after my general startup routine is complete then I'll leave the gunpac, TGP and laser alone and hit the day / night mode (if necessary), CICU, JTRS and IFFCC buttons...

As I come down my left thigh and pass the ejection seat arm lever I hit that on the way past to hit my AM / FM / UHF radio dials.

By that time, the APU completes its spool up and I flick the power on at which point many different systems start to come online. Then I'll hit my left throttle to get the engine startup moving- then SAS switches while going back up to click "enter" to get the IFFCC process started. I then go fire up CMS as I scan back to get my marker lights on flash to signify that I'm in the cockpit but not yet ready to roll.

Once this has been complete, I can go back and fine tune things and have lots of time to monitor and make changes.

My routine developed from being able to slowly move the mouse from my right thigh, up and across the front panel and down to the left... hitting everything that needed to be activated and flows quite smooth. Purists may shake their head but hey- it works for me.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

A lot of talking about moving down your thigh Eno. You trying to get the Ladies started? :kiss:

I do like the way you guys are thinking about the order of the checks and thighs and things, and thighs ........ :music_whistling:

In a previous a/c we did the checks pretty much the route you have been following above. The route given in the A-10C checklist seems a little odd, even if taken from the RW. In modern a/c the preflight cockpit check is basically a quick scan across the panels to make sure anything that will kill you or damage the a/c is set to off. The next thing is to enable basic electrical power so that computers can be switched on, and, most importantly, gyro platforms can spin up and the alignment process can begin. This can take up to 15 minutes (yes, I know the A-10C is quicker!), so leaving the CDU until just before engine start is the item that seems the oddest in the A-10C checklist provided.

Once the alignment process has begun, then you can do the detailed cockpit checks. This way, by the time you complete them, the alignment process should be just about complete and you are ready to go, with no time wasted. Otherwise you have to sit on your hands and wait ........... and wait ........ and wait ........

Edited by roadrabbit
bad grammar

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick: