EDGE SDK?

• ED Team
yeah possible, but that would be one sentence for him to post in this forum...well but he didnt even log in for months...so familiar...after his promises about communication with the backers and the community, his current behaviour is rude.

Why would he comment on something he may not know yet, by the time he said we could have it, it might be ready.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If the dev is not telling you something then "I don't know when this can be done" should be the assumed talking point. Really. Do you need someone to tell you "I don't know" when that should be the default whenever the dev isn't telling you something.

Second, does no one remember Cliffs of Dover? This is how Luthier operates. If you were not happy with how he communicated during that project, you should not have put any money into this project.

Second, does no one remember Cliffs of Dover? This is how Luthier operates. If you were not happy with how he communicated during that project, you should not have put any money into this project.

And for that very reason I did`t back that project.:) As for EDGE SDK for backers only, wasn`t it a clever step from him?:smilewink: Hopefully you guys will not be to disappointed when that SDK isn`t that what you are looking for...

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

If the dev is not telling you something then "I don't know when this can be done" should be the assumed talking point. Really. Do you need someone to tell you "I don't know" when that should be the default whenever the dev isn't telling you something.

First, yes I do. It's more polite to say something than keep silent.

Second, have you read any forums at all considering this project? I think quite a few people remember CloD all too well. It's just that some of us hope that past mistakes (in communication) are not repeated. And that is also why I, and few others it seems, hope that community manager is hired.

He said the same thing about CoD. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Unless I'm mistaken, you are disregarding a direct request by a moderator to stay on topic (i.e. the SDK).

I find it amusing that you seem to only have joined ED forums (today?) in order to spew some hate in here. So you've either been banned recently for this exact kind of behavior, or you're on a mission...

As far as SDK goes, someone said 'alpha was promised for Feb'. But was that SDK alpha, or the game alpha, because the only alpha I remember being promised is the game? I honestly don't remember the SDK specifically being promised for february, but if someone can post a link to such a statement, I'd appreciate it.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

You've asked for it. We've discussed it. Now we're very happy to announce that we will be releasing the EDGE landscape engine SDK to Kickstarter backers.

The SDK can be used to create new landscapes for the DCS WWII project. It's an all-in-one tool that combines a 3D object library, texture manager, and a landscape editor.

With a full 24-hour day cycle, options for multiple seasons and time periods on the same map, and industry-best level of detail, EDGE is designed for and tested by real pilots to ensure it meets the highest standards of realism.

Please note that the Normandy landscape shown in the video is an early mock-up using temporary stand-in objects, mock-up trees, and low-quality placeholder textures.

We're really hoping that the community can organize a concentrated effort to design and create one or more new landscapes for DCS WWII. With the amount of time we have before the initial release, it should be possible to have them completed for the day-one release of Europe 1944!

A more detailed look at the tools and the technical details of the design process will be released at a later time.The SDK itself should be available later this year.Please note that the SDK will be released to project backers only and / or will require a signed NDA to use.

You have to remember and understand the bottom line. It's ED's call not RRG studios. With that in mind Matts signature trumps all.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

But was that SDK alpha, or the game alpha, because the only alpha I remember being promised is the game? I honestly don't remember the SDK specifically being promised for february, but if someone can post a link to such a statement, I'd appreciate it.

Promised yes, but no official date (there are none of these anyways ;)).

First 1:20 of the following video:

In the Kickstarter updates:

A more detailed look at the tools and the technical details of the design process will be released at a later time. The SDK itself should be available later this year. Please note that the SDK will be released to project backers only and / or will require a signed NDA to use.

Speaking about signed NDA's I can very well imagine that the SDK will only be available to 3rd party development teams (like the ones working on planes), but not to the regular user that just wants to play around in the editor.

EDIT: aah, sniped :blow::D

Edited by Gate-5

Unless I'm mistaken, you are disregarding a direct request by a moderator to stay on topic (i.e. the SDK).

I find it amusing that you seem to only have joined ED forums (today?) in order to spew some hate in here. So you've either been banned recently for this exact kind of behavior, or you're on a mission...

Spewing hate? LOL I'm very much looking forward to this project. I'm not the one complaining about Luthier. I don't need someone to hold my hand while I wait for development to proceed. I'm just pointing out that you should have seen this coming.

You should be mindful of post timestamps before you jump to conclusions. That post was made the minute following moderation, and it is possible (likely) he started making the reply prior to SiThSpAwN's post appearing for him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You should be mindful of post timestamps before you jump to conclusions. That post was made the minute following moderation, and it is possible (likely) he started making the reply prior to SiThSpAwN's post appearing for him.

That is exactly what happened.

Speaking about signed NDA's I can very well imagine that the SDK will only be available to 3rd party development teams (like the ones working on planes), but not to the regular user that just wants to play around in the editor.

They specifically said backers and not 3rd party developers.

Why should only they have the ability to make new maps?

They specifically said backers and not 3rd party developers.

Why should only they have the ability to make new maps?

I dont mean only current 3rd party development teams, but that you have to become something similar to a 3rd party developer to get all the information you need.

Theres no use for screenshots of unfinished maps that never get released either.

Edited by Gate-5

• ED Team
I dont mean only current 3rd party development teams, but that you have to become something similar to a 3rd party developer to get all the information you need.

Nothing has really be stated as far as how the SDK will be release and supported.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png