demarcation line in FC1.11

SilentBob

Hi all

I noticed a distinct demarcation (?) line on the terrain in FC1.11.

is it normal, or is it just me? my scenes and textures are set to

"high". here's a pic (demarcation line circled in yellow):

demarcation.jpg

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

Terr preload at 100 VSB range on medium, high makes even my new system (see specs below) crawl on its knees.

SB

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

dude, put in an extra gig of ram and watch lockon get much better, as i got 44, with 78s and it sure dont crawl with me or anyone else with a high end pc with high settings unless u turn water to its max, give it a shot and u b amazed, 1 gig isnt enough for your pc, thats what will be slowing it down.

Hi all

I noticed a distinct demarcation (?) line on the terrain in FC1.11.

is it normal, or is it just me?

I have it too but not as clearly visible as yours.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I get it as well. Its an optimization method of the 3D engine to try and do less passes on textures that are further away. The algorithm is based on your point of view and its distance to the polygon but sometimes this does not work out so well if the texture plane is large or it doesnt understand the face is perpendicular to your vision or in this case it makes a miscalculation and thinks your PoV's vector is in another direction (typically the front of the aircraft rather than your pilots head or the external's PoV).

If you fly at a different vector (typically towards the graphic anomoly) it will detect the calculation error and you will suddenly see it draw out the textures for those poly's as well as ones farther out, and it will appear as if everything will snap into focus.

I've seen the same thing with 100km preload and highest visibility distance and details, with an X850 XT PE, and 2 GB of Corsair RAM.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I get it as well. Its an optimization method of the 3D engine to try and do less passes on textures that are further away. The algorithm is based on your point of view and its distance to the polygon but sometimes this does not work out so well if the texture plane is large or it doesnt understand the face is perpendicular to your vision or in this case it makes a miscalculation and thinks your PoV's vector is in another direction (typically the front of the aircraft rather than your pilots head or the external's PoV).

If you fly at a different vector (typically towards the graphic anomoly) it will detect the calculation error and you will suddenly see it draw out the textures for those poly's as well as ones farther out, and it will appear as if everything will snap into focus.

I've seen the same thing with 100km preload and highest visibility distance and details, with an X850 XT PE, and 2 GB of Corsair RAM.

right, I dropped my res to 1024X764 and off with AA and tried it on "high" VSB range and it still appear. like you said Maulkin ,it draws it suddenly if I change POV.

SB

System Specs:

right, I dropped my res to 1024X764 and off with AA and tried it on "high" VSB range and it still appear. like you said Maulkin ,it draws it suddenly if I change POV.

SB

I hope this will work.

Go to Lockon\config\graphics.cfg. MAKE A BACKUP. Look for LandLodDistances. Changes values of LandNight to match those of LandDay. Save. Enjoy :)