Improved Towns & Villages Mod

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up. Let me know which version you were trying to download and I will transfer a copy to my GoogleDrive tomorrow.

By the way, all working with 1.2.10 Update 1.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try it again Grizzly, it's actually already on my Google Drive so that has more daily bandwidth available than the Dropbox version where I used to host it.

I've just checked and there should be plenty of bandwidth available for it to be downloaded now.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This this mod exitst without any of the extra terrain mods in the packages? I have my own setup and just need the villages thingy.

Correct, this just modifies the textures for the Towns and Villages but not the Cities or the other terrain textures.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
THis this mod exitst without any of the extra terrain mods in the packages? I have my own setup and just need the villages thingy.

Highwayman-Ed, I think what zionid was asking for is a zip of just the texture files you have modified, NOT packaged with another total texture replacement. I'd also like JUST the village textures, so I can merge them into other ground texture mods I'm trying out. Can you knock that up? Or even just a list of the files names I should extract from one of those all-in-one packs would be great :)

Thanks.

Edit :- Looking at the file names it'll be anything starting "village_", but there are a few other texture files in the bundle I just downloaded (the low'n'slow bundle) So presumably those other bits are the texture mod made by Toby?

Edited by samtheeagle

For the most part, but there are some others in there too. I'll post up an index soon.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, you basically want to keep everything in each of the LandTexturesseasonOther folders except the r_ files, field_ files, grass_ files the Noise_ files which can be deleted and you can then mix the villages with whatever terrain mod you like.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Ed (or whoever accidentally know the answer to this one)! I'm planning on installing the low and slow version soon, but I'd like to clarify two things (having failed in my brief search foo):

This mod doesnt get messed up on any DCS world (1.x) update, right? It seems great, but I'd like to have it work without having to spend energy maintaining functionality. Also, I'm guessing this wont mess up mp? I dont expect this to be the case, but you never know.

Anyhow. Keep up your excellent work for this great community Ed! :thumbup:

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Any DCS World update will overwrite this mod, as the updater makes sure that you have the correct files. To overcome this I suggest you use JSGME (details here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607).

These texture mods won't mess up MP (i.e you'll still be able to play MP and also see the effects of the mod).

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Hello.

I've just downloaded 'Toby23's Enhanced Terrain + Highways Villages + Rocky's Trees' and I hope it'll be one of the best mods for DCS.

I've got an question.

I'm going to install it by using JSGME and here's my question, could you upload this version for JSGME especially or just explain me how to do it?

It'll probably need creating some folders.

Check out NVIDIA SweetFX (If you use an Nvidia card)...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Check out NVIDIA SweetFX (If you use an Nvidia card)...

No, I don't have it. I don't use GeForce graphic card, just Radeon.

Terrain seems to have the same color as default but I saw that textures changed and there're new houses like in pictures which author added at the beginning of topic.

Ok, as per the first post, highwaymanEd made the screenshots using some additional mods (Diveplane's shadow, a HDR tweak) and finally SweetFX 1.4, which changes the whole appearance, tremendously...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...
OK, you basically want to keep everything in each of the LandTexturesseasonOther folders except the r_ files, field_ files, grass_ files the Noise_ files which can be deleted and you can then mix the villages with whatever terrain mod you like.

I tried that with Bartheks Ground mod (V3.0)and JSGME didnt like it! said your mod was overwriting his village textures.

Any chance you could check it out and see if its compatible?

Ground mod:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132444

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 3 months later...

The title says 'Improved Town & villages mod' but as I understand it's combined with terrain mods - I have Mustang's terrain mod and I want to improve the look of the towns and villages - where can I find a link only for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Answer is available on this page and the previous page. It requires minimal work on your part, just don't install all the files.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2306201&postcount=111

Got it - Thanks for pointing the way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular