Lack of IFF -symbol FC.1.11

Lack of IFF-symbol, close combat. BUG??

Hello all. I am rookie in this noble Lock-On -game.

I like to play, this game is fantastic, but now i am realy confusing with MIGs and Suhois. Can u help.

If same mission or NET-sever are plenty red- and blue planes to fight my game think that its same are targets for locking and shooting RED= Friendly or BLUE= Enemy. So my MIG:s or Suhoi system lock always both side planes as well.

Where is IFF-symbol, i ask?

Manual says cleary: "The Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) symbol indicates the target is friendly." Ha ha.

May be, but where? :horseback :horseback

I have got only few times to HUD letter F= friendly, when i have tested lock to my wingman, But in 95 % case my game ask me only to shoot. MIGS and Suhois lock all targets in democratic way and game only says: -"Launch, launch".

- If u shoot as game say. Friendly kill. he he.

- How i can separate enemy targets in close combat at all.

- May be i dont know all. Its sure, i dont. ( F-15 radar writing shows me now target type, but soviet planes nothing)

In long range serch using radar, i have no identification problem,

Enemy shows in HUD cleary short -- -- lines and friendly = = = = this kind, its easy. This lock is sure. No mistake.

But if without radar in bore- veritical or EOS, identifying is impossible to me.

Pls tell me. How u can do it. I want to learn.

AAFG_Sturmo :)

I highly advise you to get your act together before going online. Youll become unpopular very quicly if not.

For Russian planes you should always remenber you NEED THE RADAR FOR IFF. There are alot of pople out there who swear they had enemy icons while use EOS. The EOS doesnt tell frind from foe even though it uses enemy simbology for targeting. For silent stealth attacks lock him up on EOS and then spike him with radar (on/off immidiatly) youll See either "F" or "N", in wich the later case you can attack. There is no such thing as "friendly-apear-as-enemy" bug.

With F-15's you can identify enemy planes by seeing if their icons on radar are circles (friendly) or rectangles (foe) in TWS or RWS radar modes. There is no easy way for IFF at short range unless you are skilled enough to aim the radar antenna at the target within 10 miles. An alternative is to ID the targetfrom the lower left corner of the MFD stating wich aircraft type (in any mode), and sometimes the oposing side has an unique plane in their side (often the Su-33). If you ever find yourself tangled with an undetifyed target at visual range, Im afraid you have to let his actions tell you who he is or you have to look at his markings. Very difficult though.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

true bro without radar you cant tell unless you can tell visually,

when in EOS or in any close combat mode you need to turn your radar on to ID your target, i waite till in good range then flick my radar on for a second or so confirm enemy then knock your radar off once you know who your dealing with,

hope this helps ya out bro S!

'Basscadet'

"just when you thought they stopped putting monkeys in planes"

thScreenShot_130.jpgthDSCN0287.jpg

sig.png

I want to add

The purpose of EOS, it just detect the heats that kicks off from enemy engine. The EOS is "passive" radar, not a active radar. (IFF only work in Active radar mode, not "passive" radar.)

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

AND the EOS will kick in automatically if your radar lock is broken. The best way to recognize this switch is that the "contacts" [--] on the HUD ... blink.. for lack of a better term. Or more like slowly flash..

I think they might even grow in size depending on how strong the thermal contrast is don't they?

Good information. Thx very mutch.

Thx qwuick answer pilots. Things are in this Lock on and FC game, like in many other games. Manual dont tell all things, usually forget most important. .

I want to say big THX especially to u PILOTASSO.

U answer gave me lot of very important privat, ( secret) information. Its practical info and straight from fighting sky. I belive u and start to always use radar to ID target . :icon_supe

I am rookie in this game, but not in flying. I was real sport pilot, who has pilot licence 25 years. I dont fly real any more, only in Virtual sky. In Il2FB game i was sq:n leader and hosted games 3 years. But now that Il2FB-game is too booring. No new style online-war. Only ha ha- bellum left, when we lost original. Western CAD was good, but finish too. No intresting any more.

I like Maddox style. This LockOn + FC is fantastick looking. Beautifull sea and mountains, fields, nice looking good detailed jet-planes and everything give me always great pleasure. :D

When i fly in HYPER-LOBBY, i dont need kills. Only flying, enjoying and try to learn this noble game.

But if i sometimes shoot against some target, its most important, that target is enemy side plane. LOL.

THX help guys. :D

AAFG_Sturmo :horseback

Yeah I'm the same way. Too new to really know what I am doing. I'll just be flying along enjoying the nice scenery when suddenly *BLAM*.....followed by me ejecting, and peices of my aircraft falling around me. :(

I never seem to be able to find anything let along hit it. Just a whole lot of jamming bars and who knows if they are friendly or not. ;)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

That's the idea.

Actually you can get a clue about the jamming strobes' hostility. A jamming strobe will display an IFF cue [-] [=] "floating"-if you will-within the strobe when the source closes to within.. 25 km (I think) Problem is that it's quite likely that he is aware of your presence too. By the time these symbols are showing- you are well within the range of most MRM's (ER's, EM's, R77's, AIM120's) Live wingmen- on comms with you- Don't leave home plate without em.

I never seem to be able to find anything let along hit it. Just a whole lot of jamming bars and who knows if they are friendly or not. ;)

If you're in the 15 cross ref it with the TEWS on the RHS of the dash ... it'll give you much better SA