Just THANKS!

Fifi

Hi all and devs,

Just wanted to say THANKS so much for this fantastic simulation :thumbup:

Long time simmer, started with Red Baron 3D, Microsoft Combat Simulation, IL2 Forgotten Battles - 1946 - CLOD - then Rise of Flight for years now, but never thought to download and try DCS... What a mistake!

Maybe because it was about modern planes...anyway, now i own the Huey, the MI8, and the fantastic P51.

And have to say i NEVER had such a fantastic flying experience on computer!! :)

Have yet to try the SU25 Frogfoot, and probably the A10C (maybe to complex for me actually) but mastering those few modules i already own will take so much time! (as it could be in real in fact!)

So again, THANKS for all your hard work on this, everybody involved here, for this awesome flying experience :thumbup:

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It isn't that complicated really. If you are used to flying in any of the Sim. you mentioned the methodology will be so logical to you it should just flow.

TGP (Targeting Pod) links to the combat employment of other weapons like butter through a biscuit. Key commands make it a bit difficult, but with even an average HOTAS it will feel like an extension of your hand after you set it up to your liking.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I fully second that :) You´ll love the Frogfoot.

Fifi - great to see you here too. I recommend the Su25. It has a very nice flight model. To be honest I have trouble keeping up with the modules and all that is needed to fly them, but the Su25 is worth the effort.

SU25 Frogfoot is my next module for sure! :) and it will be my first jet plane! lol

I'm keeping the A10C for later on, when i will be more familiarized with all DCS world features and modern avionics and modern weapons.

A10C should be the cherry on the cake :smartass:

It isn't that complicated really. If you are used to flying in any of the Sim. you mentioned the methodology will be so logical to you it should just flow.

Surprisingly, you are right...at first, i never thought i could be able to cold start the MI8 by myself, taxi it to the right track and take off for any flight, and then land back with the closing procedure without crashing myself :lol:

But the tutorials are so well done, the task was easier than i thought, and in 2 days of hard work, i start the beast and fly it like if i was a long time MI8 pilot (almost)...

I always dreamt of flying helicopters, and DCS made the dream comes true!

And what a flying model!! :pilotfly:

(i'm in love with the Huey too!)

Edited by Fifi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing though with the Frogfoot is that at the moment the laser guided missles hit way off target. As I understand it this is a bug. Not much point learning it until this is addressed.

If you like helicopters then you will like the Black Shark . It remains the hands down best module in DCS for me. The autopilot/stability augmentation takes quite a lot to get used to, but it is worth it. Not seat of the pants like the Huey, but very nice to fly.

I would skip the A-10c completely personally. Just my 2 cents.

Perso, i'm having a blast with the MI8 actually :)

The Huey too, very agile in regard of the MI8. I even can land it better than the big MI8.

I need to buy the first BS before buying BS2...that's probably why i will wait....for the moment.

Why skeeping the A10C, if i may ask??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perso, i'm having a blast with the MI8 actually :)

The Huey too, very agile in regard of the MI8. I even can land it better than the big MI8.

I need to buy the first BS before buying BS2...that's probably why i will wait....for the moment.

Nope, you can get the full BlackShark 2 without owning original BS

Product link here.. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_black_shark_2/

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Well I find that learning and using the avionics is too much of a distraction from the flying. I might get semi-flamed for that, it's just my brain has only so much processing power.

The BS has high tech guidance systems and advanced stability control, but it was easily learnable for me. The A-10c was just like a wall of information

. Also you have the A-10a available which has simpler avionics but has the great new flight models.

BTW the Su 25T has similar weapon guidance systems to the BS and is also a great ride.

Well I find that learning and using the avionics is too much of a distraction from the flying. I might get semi-flamed for that, it's just my brain has only so much processing power.

The BS has high tech guidance systems and advanced stability control, but it was easily learnable for me. The A-10c was just like a wall of information

. Also you have the A-10a available which has simpler avionics but has the great new flight models.

BTW the Su 25T has similar weapon guidance systems to the BS and is also a great ride.

I'm the exact opposite of you, and the fact that we're both enjoying DCS is one of the things I love so much about the sim.

I live for the avionics, I'd rather be a WSO than a Pilot 6 days of the week. The A-10C is pretty much a dream come true to me, it's just so damn easy to fly and there's so much else to do!

Say, once they get a multi-crewed aircraft done how about a little multiplayer :D

I'm the exact opposite of you, and the fact that we're both enjoying DCS is one of the things I love so much about the sim.

I live for the avionics, I'd rather be a WSO than a Pilot 6 days of the week. The A-10C is pretty much a dream come true to me, it's just so damn easy to fly and there's so much else to do!

Say, once they get a multi-crewed aircraft done how about a little multiplayer :D

You bet , and I agree - its great that the sim caters for so many.

I respect the guys that can do the complex systems .

Hey, Fifi!

The guy from New Caledonia, right?

Konrad Friedrich here, Sop Camel 'hero' and 'brainless stunt' buddy.

Gavagai and Josh Echo are here, too.

I totally agree.

In terms of other PC flightsims DCS is or feels (at least) one step ahead ;)

I migrated when I got my TM Warthog and thought: Ok. With that stick you should give the DCS A-10C a try.

Well... I own all the modules now ;)

Just 'flying' these planes is such a joy. For the most time I'm flying around instead of getting involved in some virtual conflicts.

And I love it!

Welcome!

Take a picture of your family and put it next to your PC monitor.

It's possible that you won't see them often the next 3 or 4 month ;)

Oh... and give the A-10C a try. You'll love that thing. Promised.

Regards

Konrad Friedrich

(Totsch)

Wait til DCS will release Europe 1944. All those lovely planes... sim-grade... sigh... faint... ;)

Edited by Konrad Friedrich

Take a picture of your family and put it next to your PC monitor.

It's possible that you won't see them often the next 3 or 4 month ;)

:lol: Right!

I'm close to your steps...got the TM Warthog, and downloaded DCS!...now have 4 modules...

Will probably get the A10C though. Just to know if i can manage the complex things :D

And anyway, i now have this plane stick! So it's obligation...to get the plane :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DEV & ED Team,

Yes this includes the tester and forum cops. thanks for all the work, I have enjoyed many an hour flying in the dcs world. The future is looking extremely promising and exciting so I just wanted to let you it is really appreciated.

thanks

76th Falcon

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

then Rise of Flight

Oh, hey! It's you : )

I setup my P-51D and A-10C cameras to be similar to my VHPGI for RoF. If you're interested in giving it a shot, or if you want a hand figuring out how to edit the DCS camera system, lemme know.

Edited by Echo38

Fifi, you are such a Kiss Up! And to think you missed the sale and still have already bought 4 Modules. I think I have created a DCS Monster here. You had better be watching the mail closely for the Visa monthly statement and pay it quick before the Wife sees it! :megalol:

Blade<><

:music_whistling: :megalol:

Oh, hey! It's you : )

I setup my P-51D and A-10C cameras to be similar to my VHPGI for RoF. If you're interested in giving it a shot, or if you want a hand figuring out how to edit the DCS camera system, lemme know.

Hey, so i guess it's you too! (Josh Echo) :)

Let me some time to get my hand on this sim, and i'll try your realistic view mod :thumbup:

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me some time to get my hand on this sim, and i'll try your realistic view mod

Actually, that reminds me--check out PeterP's instead--mine's just a kludgy thing, his appears to do everything mine did and much more: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116

(I haven't actually tried his yet because I haven't been able to fly the sim since before I knew about his.)

Hello Fifi and welcome to DCS (better late than never!), I remember you from ROF and your undying love of the Spad VII if I recall correctly hehe. :) Greets to Josh Echo too, had a few good scraps with you in the very distant past, though not as prolific a multi player as in the very early days (various names but normally either IRFC Biggles or the eponymous Biggles07)....You're a good stick and worthy foe lol. :) How are you doing health wise Josh? Remember you having some probs back when, and hope you are ok. :thumbup:

I saw Gavagai knocking about too, its like a mini diaspora hehe. I've always played all the sim genres and era's over many years (20+) and tend to flit from one to the other, having "phases" depending on mood; they all have something to offer in their own ways and present very different challenges.

The one universal thread of commonality in my adventures throughout the sim-epochs however is that I'm diabolically crap at them all.....or maybe "pleasantly and inoffensively incompetent" is a better description. :lol:

Edited by Biggles07

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

I totally agree with you on all points

Handled the shark and su-25t ok, A-10c was/is to much info to digest for me also, but I did persist quite a bit with it and could use reasonably effectivily, but it was a huge brain drain.

Flaming cliffs 3 flight systems seems to be more my style now, not quite so hard to learn and remember.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hello Fifi and welcome to DCS (better late than never!), I remember you from ROF and your undying love of the Spad VII if I recall correctly hehe. :) Greets to Josh Echo too, had a few good scraps with you in the very distant past, though not as prolific a multi player as in the very early days (various names but normally either IRFC Biggles or the eponymous Biggles07)....You're a good stick and worthy foe lol. :) How are you doing health wise Josh? Remember you having some probs back when, and hope you are ok. :thumbup:

I saw Gavagai knocking about too, its like a mini diaspora hehe. I've always played all the sim genres and era's over many years (20+) and tend to flit from one to the other, having "phases" depending on mood; they all have something to offer in their own ways and present very different challenges.

The one universal thread of commonality in my adventures throughout the sim-epochs however is that I'm diabolically crap at them all.....or maybe "pleasantly and inoffensively incompetent" is a better description. :lol:

Hi Biggles! Nice to read you again, mate!

Yes, flight simmers is a "small" community :)

And thanks for your kind words :thumbup:

...not quite so hard to learn and remember.

That's actually my main problem: remembering all the fonctions/features! :)

It's gonna take years!! lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]