Top Posters In This Topic

Will 2-3 days save the world?

Did you just create a new yardstick?

"2 weeks"

"2-3 days"

Get back to work! :)

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

So guys, don't panic... if you want to have elliptical wings FIRST, we could start from this variant as we have a pair of tips in our storage. No problem. It will be even less complicated for me.

Less complicated for you. Awesome spitfire for me.

I think we can make this work!

So guys, don't panic... if you want to have elliptical wings FIRST, we could start from this variant as we have a pair of tips in our storage. No problem. It will be even less complicated for me.

Well, its just that the first kickstarter had a Spitfire IX listed with a picture of a "normal" Spitfire.

It would be the best if we could get both versions, but I think that standard eliptical wing (for me presonally) is the obvious choice. I think the only way we will be able to know which is more wanted by the community would be to have a vote on the forums. You can be sure though I will vote for the eliptical version if such vote was made.:book:

The actual kickstarter page did not specify which version exactly was it suppose to be, so the decision is of course yours in the end.

I agree that my post was a little bit too emotional sorry. Afterall its your project. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Clipped...

:::ducking:::

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

I think that would be the right decision. The Mk.IX with full wingtips is what most people think of when you say the word Spitfire.

Off topic but I spotted you at duxford on sunday! Just going into the building next to Hanger 2. I hope the trip was productive and you enjoyed the airshow!

I prefer a standard wing over a clipped one.

But my main doubt is how the IX (normal wing) compares to what we have now on our stable, the 51, the K4, the D9 and the next one the P47 and specially the Buchón. Are they matched or the IX lacks in terms of performance and will be a sitting duck??

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

No no no, you can`t bow to the tyrannical democratic majority:doh: clipped version first, as it was planned.

Sounds great. +1 for the elliptical wings. :)

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

I'm not gonna throw my thermos out of the cockpit if we get the clipped wings first, but I would really prefer the elliptical wings. : )

What real Spitfire is being used for modeling the virtual Spitfire?

I prefer a standard wing over a clipped one.

But my main doubt is how the IX (normal wing) compares to what we have now on our stable, the 51, the K4, the D9 and the next one the P47 and specially the Buchón. Are they matched or the IX lacks in terms of performance and will be a sitting duck??

Spitfire will be the best climbing allied plane of the three standard planes we have in DCS.

Preformance itself is slightly affected but the clipped wing rolls better and is faster by 9kph. 576km/h at SL for 'normal' and 585kph for clipped.

merlin66_18_25.jpg

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

Once the Spit the Buchón and the P47 are ready we will be able to have some South American style combat missions with them. Man I hope someone can tell us how to build new maps!!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

What real Spitfire is being used for modeling the virtual Spitfire?

Hmm, good question. I just checked TFC's site, and it says they operate two Spitfires, but neither is an IX. I wonder why the IX was chosen instead of one of the ones that TFC owns & flies.

Hmm, good question. I just checked TFC's site, and it says they operate two Spitfires, but neither is an IX. I wonder why the IX was chosen instead of one of the ones that TFC owns & flies.

Because the Spit IX is a way better choice for 1944 DCS than Spitfire V, while Spit XIV is developed by VEAO.

Spitfire IX is the standard Spitfire for 1944 realy. I don't see why would it be wierd.

My channel:

My vote goes for the elliptical wings, they are as iconic as the name "Spitfire" itself. :thumbup:

• ED Team
My vote goes for the elliptical wings, they are as iconic as the name "Spitfire" itself. :thumbup:

I was like this at first too... but no matter the wings we are getting, it will be an LF version, and from what I understand the LF version performs better with the clipped wings. I am all for an option to switch in the ME, but at the end of the day, we will probably be reaching for the clipped wings when it comes to take off.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png