Su25T weapon system question

Weatherbed

hi, i cant get laser guided weapons to fall off my aircraft.

i can lock the target, turn on the laser, maneuver into the firing parameters and get a launch authorization but the weapon wont fire.

when i select a laser guided weapon it shows ready on the instrument panel but not on the HUD. when i switch to bombs they show up in the ready section of the HUD and on the instrument panel and i can drop them no problem. when i switch to unguided rockets they dont show up in the HUD ready section but i can still fire them. cannons work fine as well.

every video ive watched shows laser guided weapons on the HUD ready bar as soon as its selected with "D"

also my target box size adjustment doesnt seem to work

im playing a fully patched version of the free DCS world with no mods or add ons

totally confused,

matt

Gday, im no expert but ive found that locking targets on the tv screen like buildings you have to change the target size box to 60 ( the bigger the target the bigger the target box needs to be or it wont lock), i am using a G19 key board and have found that some keys dont work as they should like [,],=,-,~. i had to remap those keys to get some things to work. in game check in your control settings and see what keys change the target box size, press those keys(shift and + - i think) and see if it lights up, if not you may have to remap those keys.

thanks joey, i just went and tried holding the trigger down and it worked, i guess i just expected it to release the moment i fired. feel like a tool now lol

thanks mrmaverick ill try that now too

still have a question about the HUD, even though i got the weapons to fire the HUD doesnt show the weapon station indicator at the bottom, i.e which weapon is on which pylon. it shows on the insturment panel properly. all the videos ive seen show it on the HUD too.

is it just some setting i turned off by mistake?

thanks joey, i just went and tried holding the trigger down and it worked, i guess i just expected it to release the moment i fired. feel like a tool now lol

thanks mrmaverick ill try that now too

still have a question about the HUD, even though i got the weapons to fire the HUD doesnt show the weapon station indicator at the bottom, i.e which weapon is on which pylon. it shows on the insturment panel properly. all the videos ive seen show it on the HUD too.

is it just some setting i turned off by mistake?

if you are looking at an old video then the HUD has changed a bit i think. I think its only now on the instrument panel... unless someone has any better info than i.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL