DCS F-35?

Flagrum

Best of luck to the team, it's a little sad to hear of any project teams dropping off the market for DCS.

Wags didn't say that they are leaving DCS, he said that they quit this project. There is still hope, that they will start developing something a little less "megalomaniacal" :thumbup:

Maybe they should take Belsimtek as an example...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised. They should have done the F4 instead imo. Good luck

IMHO, it would be better if some proven group tackled it as I'd really like to have a decent F-4 module in DCS.

Everything I've seen of the Kinney Interactive handling of the F-35 project didn't instill any confidence (to say the least).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

not such a big loss...That fighter its on complete category of FC series. That plane gonna fight alone in fc3. I think the FC needs more fighter that the simulation already have and only AI flys like F5, F14, F16, F18, MIGs, Mirages, Tornado and some other variations of F15 and others USA fighters/bombers and Russians Sukhois and MIGs.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Shame it is, but why am I not surprised...

Exactly. Having F-35 in DCS would be a blast, but they've bitten bigger piece than they could swallow. At least that was how I felt about them since day one, and it seems I was right.

Hopefully, they will try it next time with something more down to the ground.

Hopefully, they will try it next time with something more down to the ground.

Without knowing exactly why they abandoned this project (by their own admission they had all the info they needed, however dubious that info was to me personally) there's no guarantee that something more down to the ground will meet with better success. If the abandonment was based on perceived Community-Confidence in the project then they will definitely have their work cut out to bounce back from this I would have thought.

Will time tell? I wonder.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Without knowing exactly why they abandoned this project (by their own admission they had all the info they needed, however dubious that info was to me personally) there's no guarantee that something more down to the ground will meet with better success. If the abandonment was based on perceived Community-Confidence in the project then they will definitely have their work cut out to bounce back from this I would have thought.

Will time tell? I wonder.

I would be inclined to make a healthy wager that, in terms of a product for DCS world, we (ED) will never hear from Kinney Interactive again.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
I would be inclined to make a healthy wager that, in terms of a product for DCS world, we (ED) will never hear from Kinney Interactive again.

Too be honest I cant say that I blame him either, they took a beating from some of the lower brow elements of the community... My personal belief would be that they ran into a road block called Lockeed Martin, but that is my personal opinion only...

The greater disappointment is the loss of the F4U and Zero they had talked about... but at least I can work on that model a little longer now :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That's a pity an F-35 would have rocked in DCS, maybe we could ask Dino if he could look at making a DCS version of his F35s?

Dino Cattaneo?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That's a pity an F-35 would have rocked in DCS, maybe we could ask Dino if he could look at making a DCS version of his F35s?

I wish. Somebody (or maybe me) asked him this question, but the response was negative. He just released F-14, still integrating Tacpack to both Cat and F-35, S-3B is in the works. And some little T-45 might come as well. So yeah, I don't see him working on DCS anytime soon, as he would have to learn a lot of stuff and dedicate countless hours to it. Also, one does not simply just "port" FSX addon to DCS, so it would probably mean building it from the ground up :(

I wish. Somebody (or maybe me) asked him this question, but the response was negative. He just released F-14, still integrating Tacpack to both Cat and F-35, S-3B is in the works. And some little T-45 might come as well. So yeah, I don't see him working on DCS anytime soon, as he would have to learn a lot of stuff and dedicate countless hours to it. Also, one does not simply just "port" FSX addon to DCS, so it would probably mean building it from the ground up :(

is Dino's FS stuff still Freeware?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

yes, i think so, so lets ask him to convert his nice max models to edm for ai aircrafts in dcsw :bounce: i think if he need he will get lots of helps

Shoooot, I'd Do it... Call it "The Dino AI Aircraft Pack!"

All he'd have to do is Host/Send them to me, And I'd convert them all to DCS AI Standard, Convert the Liveries, Add the Connectors, Animate them, export them and get them in game and going.

It'll only get him more publicity. and Slap a link to his DONATE Page in the docs

Edited by SkateZilla