DCS F-35?

Flagrum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad to see that nearly noone is interested in this nice plane, which will have its place in modern aviation in any case. Would have been so a huge enrichment to the DCS universe...

Definitely not to dishonour the WW2 work from RRG (i will buy and play it anyway), but this F-35 would promise me so much more fun than this historic slow crapmills from WW2 ... Carrier landings, modern weapon systems, a powerful engine and STVL ...

Edited by tarracta

Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if Kinney Interactive were still doing the F-35. I know that they did not reach there Funding Goal but maybe they still decided to do it. If anyone knows that would be Great!

The project is still on going. It is just not going to be released as soon as the kickstarter said.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay Thanks! It would help if there website was actually working!

No problem. I believe this thread also has some more information about their F-35:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108370

I haven't checked out their website in a while, but it seems to be down indeed. I do believe they're just relaunching, or maybe a new website. Kinney Interactive doesn't only develop aircraft for flight sim, but I believe their main business is refurbishing and creating flight simulators. I could be wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the main issues were how realistic they could model it and pvp balance and that turned a lot of people off. Neither were good arguments against it since not even the A-10C is 100% realistic and pvp balance is just a dumb argument. Most DCS players play offline and it's up the mission creator to add them anyway. Besides, when has a war been balanced?

Either way, I'll be buying it when it's released. DCS needs some highly detailed 4th and 5th gen fighters.

DCS has to do publicity for the module F-35, so he does not fall by the wayside

Yup - sometimes I really think that ED only offers its 'FULL' support to Russian producers/producers that are willing/able to work at their HQ in Moscow. Just my opinion.

-Sharpe

Edited by Sharpe_95

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm dont really know how to take the news since it seemed a bit of a long shot. Not trying to sound bad, but it just didn't appear to get the backing from the beginning in KS.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It's a risky market, and although it would have been cool to see this project come to fruition in our little world, I also understand that it is a business.

Best of luck to the team, it's a little sad to hear of any project teams dropping off the market for DCS.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.