Black Shark, english cockpit?

zaGURUinzaSKY

And not to hijack the thread but...(*YOINK!*) any chance of other Soviet aircraft getting english cockpits? Mod-able?

Thanks,

Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

I don't think so !!!!

Frankly, I don't want it.... The reality of it is..that it wouldn't be realistic..

It's a good question, but.... If we can get an English Pit for the Russian Helo.. Why couldn't we get a Russian Pit for the American Planes...?

Ok, Well while we are at it...

Can we get a Spanish Pit for us Mexicans out here...? lol

FighterOps.jpg

.... The reality of it is..that it wouldn't be realistic..

But yet they give us english HUD's? Hmmmm...

Can we get a Spanish Pit for us Mexicans out here...? lol

Shhh...the adults are talking. ;)

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

Guys,I don't get it?[i don't want to start a flame war here]but why would you want a English cockpit in a Russian aircraft?....won't that take away the realism for you?........I like flying Russian birds with Russian instruments.....I'ts fun to learn as you go along/trial& error.To each thier own but I certainly hope they keep the cockpit/instruments as close to the real bird as possible!!!!......A mod would be fine/you could install by choice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys,I don't get it?[i don't want to start a flame war here]but why would you want a English cockpit in a Russian aircraft?....won't that take away the realism for you?........

Yes but I don't care that much, I rather to understand my gauges than be realistic and learn russian alphabet and words.. Don't have so much freetime and I'm looking for a realistic flight model more than the gauges' text.

Robbie.

Heheehe....

Now....Now... Let's not start that here !!

But you are old enough to be my Son... I'm sure of it...

LOL

I'm just playing with ya. :) We are each allowed an opinion. ;)

I too do not want to start a flame war over this. I just thought it would be nice to read my Caution Advisory Panel after getting hit without having to remember what that light means. ("Let's see...1st column, 4th row...red light...Hydraulic Boost or Canopy Open?")

As for the English cockpits in Soviet aircraft, the US Army maintains a small fleet of ex-Soviet Bloc aircraft which are placarded in English. Even the Caution Advisory Panels have been swapped over.

I'm NOT trying to take away anyones realism, just asking if there is a (optional) mod available/upcoming/do-able for English placards.

All I got for now (takes flame suit out of closet to keep handy near desk)

-Chris

I'm NOT trying to take away anyones realism, just asking if there is a (optional) mod available/upcoming/do-able for English placards.

All I got for now (takes flame suit out of closet to keep handy near desk)

-Chris your kill'n me.....HA,HA,HA[flame suit]you're funny!!!!!!

I think we all need a .......DEMO......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I live in the USA and say no to english cockpit in Russian planes. Unless ED decides to mandate the option.

I hate to say it but RTFM. It aint hard. What about the wall next to you. Print out the cockpit and label it if you have to . This is easy to do.

" be like the water" - Bruce Lee

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Also, it is just nice to know some words in foreign language. Therefore I say NO to english in Black Shark cockpit.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Why wouldn't it be realistic to have the cockpit in english? :confused:

Let's see.....

If you are flying a russian aircraft you are supposed to be russian or at least you need to speak and read russian very well. It would be unrealistic to sit someone in the cockpit who doesn't understand russian. :rolleyes:

Now.... Having english cockpits will be simulating that you are a russian pilot and that you understand russian. It's the same with the mini-hud. It's there to simulate the SA that you are lacking compared to the real thing.

So... My conclusion is that english cockpit are not necessarily unrealistic (at least not more unrealistic than the mini-hud, the zoom, etc) and that releasing a english cokpit doesn't make the sim more unrealistic.

To finish, I would use the english cockpit (if ED releases one). The sim is hard enough already without having to have an english-russian dictionary at hand.

Personaly I would really like them to put the option in that lets us have an english labled pit, especialy now that its going to have fully clickable buttons. One of the main reasons I havent gotten into the russian planes is because its so hard to learn them well when I dont speak or understand russian. Its going to be very hard to remember all the button settings and what they do without it being in english for me. I will still learn the ka50 if this isnt included but at great hassle. Please ed give us the option to learn it in english, so that later once I learn it I can turn it into russian for realism. Please.

Well I suggest that “if” ED is going to release English cockpits that they do it as an extra downloadable option like the season packs or the US Su-25T skins so that purists like me don't need to sully our PC's with those dastardly things. ;)

That way everyone is happy.

BTW

Signatures

Please observe the following policies regarding signatures:

Maximum height: 150 pixels

Maximum filesize: 50 kb .

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7863

I would hate to get off on the wrong foot with you badaboom or sound like a whinner but I have to agree, your sig is doing my scroll wheel an injury.

Well I can see both sides of this argument.

I don't speak a word of Russian but happily started to fly the MiG's and the Sue's. A guage is a guage, I dont need language skills to read my height, speed, figure I'm in a 20 deg climb, or low on fuel. If anything, I find the Russian guages easier than in the US jets. I am even OK now with metric height/speed.

I press E to switch on the ECM and some green light comes on, after a day or two of flying - hey presto, I can remember which light it is without being able to read it, after a month I can even recall what it says (NOMEXA I think).

I push the throttle into A/B, 2 green lights come on, after a day I can recall which they are, etc etc....

I suppose if my Sue / MiG takes a hit and I lose an engine and a Christmas tree's worth of coloured lights come on, then I grant you I cannot tell you all the systems I have just lost but so what - really I have 2 choices - bale now or try to keep flying it. The jet will handle however she handles, my knowing what the lights mean won't change how she handles or how I'm gonna fly her will it?

You know sometimes maybe folks on the Forums lose sight of the breadth of experience here, from total Sim heads to the guy who simply likes to fly around a bit in a beautifully created Sim world and follow a river to see where it goes.

Now if BlackShark is gonna have a bunch of MFD's etc and a clickable pit and I gotta know what it says on the buttons/switches/menu's in order to fly and fight the helo, then I say Yes, the average joe is probably gonna need an English pit.

I like to think I am now a committed Lockon nut job, but I can still recall my n00b life at the start of Lockon when it was all new. Just keeping the jet in the air was a challenge, take off was a challenge, staying alive more than 2 minutes was a challenge, finding the target was a challenge, hitting a barn door from the inside was a challenge, finding my way home was a challenge, landing in one piece was a challenge........

.....and that was all in my native language. So spare a thought for the casual Lockon flyer, ED need his money too so that the nut jobs like us can have the next ED Sim and the next.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I can't elaborate, because I understand Russian pretty well, but I can imagine the casual gamer will have problems, HOWEVER, there is always an English version of the manual, which explains every procedure step-by-step, I suggest you read it and do the training tracks, after you've done all that (I know this is time consuming, I bought Silent Hunter III yesterday, and have to go through the same process as everyone who is new to lomac) you can run some mission and fly around, even shoot something.

I too will be fiddling for the next week with SH III, but after that, the game will be a joy to play, same goes for lomac, though at a lesser degree, as all planes have universal flight controls.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

you can have english pits in all russian flyables !

you just need to know photoshop and edit all the BMP files that make up the the 2d pits, i severly doubt ED will make english pits for a few people who dont have time to learn a few russian symbols not that its really needed andways ! :D

Have Fun

Yeah I'll probably do it. I was simply wondering if someone else is going to do that..

Robbie.

i only speak english.......as i am english.....but

i fly the frogfoot and ive been in a russian airframe squad since lockon was released. I dont know any Russian.....but i have no problem flying and killing anything on the ground that does or doesnt move :D !!

In the vanilla frog you dont have any russian in the HUD, in the Su25T/Su27-33/MiG29 you do but you can turn on ENGLISH HUD anyway so that solves that. I suggest you use ENG HUD untill you know everything by heart then you can turn RU HUD on and you will know what they are because they are all in the same place plus some RU text looks like ENG text so you can guess, before you know it you will know it in RU.

The cockpits are just eye candy in LO as they arent clickable so you rarely need to know what most of them do ! Only in the AFM planes the dials may do something that matters like exhaust temp etc but its not overly important.

If they had a pit like in Falcon 4 you would need to know what they say as it all counts to the running of the plane, numbers are all the same so ALT and Speed willbe the same............so to recap, you dont need a ENG pit in the current flyables just read the manuals and learn where the dials you need are (ALT,HSI,MACHOMETER etc).

The blackshark may or may not need a ENG depending on how much is clickable but from what i understand its not 100% clickable, so i think it willbe a simple case of learning the bits you need to know and enjoy :)