Black Shark, english cockpit?

zaGURUinzaSKY

Guest IguanaKing

I understand Russian fairly well and I wouldn't be for making an English version of the Ka-50 pit. My reason is this...when you become proficient at flying an aircraft, everything in the cockpit is a visual cue. It no longer matters what is printed on the gauge/switch/annunciator, because you have memorized its position. Gauges are also usually read based on the position of the needles, not the numbers silk-screened on the face. Well...that's the quickest way to read a gauge anyway. ;) However, in the event of a panic situation, labeling in the native language is required IRL. But...its not like we have to worry about actually crashing and dying, so I say leave the pit alone. The Russian alphabet is fairly easy to learn, and its not like you need a huge vocabulary, you only need to learn the symbols and what they mean in the cockpit. :D

Yeah I'll probably do it. I was simply wondering if someone else is going to do that..

LOL I have photoshop 7 . Will i do it? No

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

• ED Team
Now if BlackShark is gonna have a bunch of MFD's etc and a clickable pit and I gotta know what it says on the buttons/switches/menu's in order to fly and fight the helo, then I say Yes, the average joe is probably gonna need an English pit.

Especially for this reason in the Ka-50 will be tips in the language equal to the HUD/ABRIS symbology current language. The tip will appear after placing the mouse cursor over a clickable control (switch, button, etc).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
Now that's a good idea.

At least it will resolve the problem partially. It is a big enough work for a designer to remake all cockpit labels to another language.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

At least it will resolve the problem partially. It is a big enough work for a designer to remake all cockpit labels to another language.

U never know but after a while maybey somebody in the community will mod it to an english pit..if it's possible?

and make it loman compatible of course :D

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

U never know but after a while maybey somebody in the community will mod it to an english pit..if it's possible?

and make it loman compatible of course :D

That's the trick I guess: make it optional. There are those of us who would enjoy themselves even more if the cockpit was in English.

I'm not against learning new things nor I am a flight sim newb, I just would like (that's not the same as need) this as a mod.

I've been playing flight sims since the mid 80's and I work with multi-million military aircraft every day...*sigh*...never mind.

-Chris

(puts flame suit on and shuts eyes tightly)

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

I hope that the manual only comes out in Russian as well. Obviously if it came out in any other language it would be "unrealistic" since the flight manuals in Russia are in Russian.

I also hope for there to be a check before install. The game will only install if you are in a certain height and weight bracket. i.e. no really short or really tall people, and no overweight people - since pilots have to be a certain fitness to fly, I think only people that meet this criteria should be able to use the sim - other wise it would be "unrealistic". Obviously eye sight and other medical conditions should be considered as well. Age limits absolutley must be included >23 and <45 otherwise you can't play - it's "realistic".

Please remember it is a sim. an abstraction of real life...

:)

I hope that the manual only comes out in Russian as well. Obviously if it came out in any other language it would be "unrealistic" since the flight manuals in Russia are in Russian.

I also hope for there to be a check before install. The game will only install if you are in a certain height and weight bracket. i.e. no really short or really tall people, and no overweight people - since pilots have to be a certain fitness to fly, I think only people that meet this criteria should be able to use the sim - other wise it would be "unrealistic". Obviously eye sight and other medical conditions should be considered as well. Age limits absolutley must be included >23 and <45 otherwise you can't play - it's "realistic".

ahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm In I'm In!!!!! Im' 31 y.o!!!!

Robbie.

Wow. Well put. A bit over the top, but well put.

S!

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

I live in the USA and say no to english cockpit in Russian planes. Unless ED decides to mandate the option.

I hate to say it but RTFM. It aint hard. What about the wall next to you. Print out the cockpit and label it if you have to . This is easy to do.

" be like the water" - Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee got killed.

:/

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

• 3 years later...

Well I live in the states also.. and would pay extra for an english pit

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

MB: ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe

Processor: Intel® Core i9-7920X CPU @ 2.90GHz (24 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 65536MB RAM

MSI Seahawk RTX 2080 TI

ASUS ROG Swift PG278 G-SYNC at 165HZ

Saitek Pro X-55

Most hilarious picture-as-a-post ever! :D

Facetious, there is an english pit. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester