DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

• ED Team
Hi, has anyone tried Paul Allens Flying Heritage Collection. There is a P47-D-30+ build in 1945.

Might be worth a look, and possible contact. flyingheritage.com is where someone could start looking for information.

Just a thought.

Yeah, I am right close to there as well, will contact when we are closer to needing pilot input, right now its wind tunnel data and such.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Do ED not have access to simulation fluid dynamics software where all that is needed is an accurate model of the subject?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• ED Team
Do ED not have access to simulation fluid dynamics software where all that is needed is an accurate model of the subject?

As far as I know they do, but full scale tests on the real thing are always going to win out.

I have NASM preparing me a list of what they have. Cross your fingers.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

As far as I know they do, but full scale tests on the real thing are always going to win out.

I have NASM preparing me a list of what they have. Cross your fingers.

Nice work, good luck.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

• 3 weeks later...
Sooooo,now that the Spitfire is on the "Incoming" side of two weeks- we should start seeing more and more stuff about our beloved Jug?

I hope so. I can hardly wait for it to come out. My favorite warbird of all time.

Now I just need to win the lotto so I can buy myself a real one, I heard there is a Crated P-47n somewhere inside of a B-36 in Ohio. I heard it's never been used and is just sitting there.

Well until they find more solid wind tunnel data or RL flight data they might be stalled on it but hey who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

I'm curious about where they got wind tunnel data for the FW-190 or Bf-109. Is that available today?

Seems strange doesn't it. I guess there's just more data on those birds.

My question is what are they going to do if they don't find the data? Just cancel the project?

I hope they finish it, the Jug is the only module I'm really interested in.

I'd assume more readily available data for the p47 and pilots as well.

Seems strange doesn't it. I guess there's just more data on those birds.

My question is what are they going to do if they don't find the data? Just cancel the project?

I hope they finish it, the Jug is the only module I'm really interested in.

No, they will not. :) Love the Jug from Il-2 Sturmovik 1946. There, most versions are underdogs. But that didn't stop me from getting a lot of kills online. And also, Jug is the top scoring of all US planes in WWII. Or ever. Yeah, Jug scored more A2A kills than any other US fighter.

For the Americans? All time was the 109s. Americans have the f4u and f4f at the top kills leader board.

From what I remember about this topic...

The P-47 was top scoring fighter of the USAAF, but the F6F had more kills than the P-47.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You've got to take into account the amount of enemy A/C destroyed on the ground by the P-47

Well if you're going to dabble into that then I'd say the F4U was the top killer due to its multi role use in the Pacific and with the British Navy

Well if you're going to dabble into that then I'd say the F4U was the top killer due to its multi role use in the Pacific and with the British Navy

I read that it was the P-47 that destroyed more aircraft overall, whether it be from ground attack or dogfights the P-47 did the most damage. I might of seen it in a documentary, I'll have to try and find it.

I'll have to find some sources so don't take my word for it.

I'm a huge fan of the P-47, probably my favourite WWII aircraft. I've been really enjoying this guy's warthunder videos on using the P-47 effectively.

It's warthunder, and not even the most realistic mode but a lot of the energy fighting stuff works well in DCS. I've had great success applying it in the P-51 against the Dora, which the P-51 can energy fight at altitude. Anyhow thought people might enjoy :-)

I'm a huge fan of the P-47, probably my favourite WWII aircraft. I've been really enjoying this guy's warthunder videos on using the P-47 effectively.

It's warthunder, and not even the most realistic mode but a lot of the energy fighting stuff works well in DCS. I've had great success applying it in the P-51 against the Dora, which the P-51 can energy fight at altitude. Anyhow thought people might enjoy :-)

Good tactics. I had to kind of chuckle at his recommendation at 5:19, because suckering the opponent into committing to a high-g turn bleeding off his energy at the merge it is *exactly* what I suggested in a P-51D vs Bf109K4 thread back in september (here, in fact https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2893524#post2893524)

Yes that one is a real classic, and works surprisingly often. It's basically a magic win button against the AI, but plenty of people fall for it also. The other good ones are turning a top speed advantage into an energy advantage by shallow climbing, again there are counters but most people don't realise they are being suckered. Also the trick of blowing through a merge until gaining enough separation to reverse is good. He judges it by distance (since labels), but I've found counting time works pretty well if you know the relative performance of the planes in question.

It's all really good "strategic energy fighting" stuff, which so often gets overlooked in DCS, which in general has a fairly dogfighting focused community.

This tactic (different WarThunder RB guy) is also pure genius:

Edited by Tomsk

I read that it was the P-47 that destroyed more aircraft overall, whether it be from ground attack or dogfights the P-47 did the most damage. I might of seen it in a documentary, I'll have to try and find it.

I'll have to find some sources so don't take my word for it.

No, it was the P-51.