DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

So many great aircrafts scrapped.

Indeed a sad episode. But then, what else could they've done? There was a severe shortage of raw materials for the civvie market and the demand was huge, plus the jet era had already started making the piston prop technology kind of obsolete, plus those birds were not "vintage" back then, plus everyone and their rear admiral's dog were decommissioning anyway because the war was, thankfully, finally over. What would _you_ have done in their place?

And you've got to understand those birds were not "cool" or "awesome" right after the war. They were a reminder of a tragedy everyone wanted to forget as fast as possible. So again, what could've _anyone_ done really?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So true I read they was selling new Mustnags dirt cheap and now they are worth millions. So many great aircrafts scrapped.

Mustangs were going for $1500.00 USD at that time.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

They already said q1 2020, in wags ama

I missed that. I can wait for that. Maybe i'll fly the Mustang until the Jug shows up.

I like WW2 planes so much better than modern fighter jets. No gadgets. Just your own eyes and guns.

Buzz

I missed that. I can wait for that. Maybe i'll fly the Mustang until the Jug shows up.

I like WW2 planes so much better than modern fighter jets. No gadgets. Just your own eyes and guns.

You and me both, may have to go to museum in Colorado Springs again this week and drool over the jug in their.:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Similar to the A-10, i.e. building the plane around the gun, but the concept of "building an airplane around a supercharger" is applicable.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Similar to the A-10, i.e. building the plane around the gun, but the concept of "building an airplane around a supercharger" is applicable.

Idea of putting turbocharger in to fighter was common during ww2 NACA tests showed that turbocharging is superior to any other forced induction system.

Problem was in fitting this thing in to single engine fighter

Bell tried it with p-39 bur failed,

i think only republic with p-47 succeeded.

In planes larger like bombers for example B-17 turbocharging was introduced much much earlier.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but if you go to dcs world\sounds\effects\aircrafts\engines, there is a folder for the P&W R2800, the engine used in the P-47 and Corsair, complete with high quality sounds

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5