DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

The only options are 64" MP or 70" MP no other options to choose from for the D-30.

My guess would be 64" MP but 70" is certainly possible if they model it as an 8th AAF P-47 since they used 70" during this time of the war.

56FG at least were over boosting their razorbacks to about 70” long before the D-30 arrived. This was unofficial so I doubt this will be modeled. We’ll get the factory specs.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

The only options are 64" MP or 70" MP no other options to choose from for the D-30.

My guess would be 64" MP but 70" is certainly possible if they model it as an 8th AAF P-47 since they used 70" during this time of the war.

IIRC time ago Yo-yo commented on the subject and I believe he said 64" was the chosen MP for this engine.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

64" is a lot for this engine size.

Not really. P-47M and N went to 72" as official, and the D used 70" from mid 44 in the 8thAAF.

64" is ok but it's not much when facing D-9 or K4.

56FG at least were over boosting their razorbacks to about 70” long before the D-30 arrived. This was unofficial so I doubt this will be modeled. We’ll get the factory specs.

Yep, they were boosting it in late 43 early 44 iirc. 70" was only made official in mid 44.

When is early access expected? If it is known.

early aces i don't know, but pre-order will be available in february if we are lucky.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

early aces i don't know, but pre-order will be available in february if we are lucky.

ED stated Q1, I think that we may get the pre-order with the Channel Map one (confirmed for early February) and release at the end of March. Also, I am pretty much sure that they said the P47 will release as a finished product.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

ED stated Q1, I think that we may get the pre-order with the Channel Map one (confirmed for early February) and release at the end of March. Also, I am pretty much sure that they said the P47 will release as a finished product.

hopefully we get as many combinations of ordanance as possible then, wonder if we'll get any more info on it before release in terms of videos. i just wanna hear that sweet sweet radial and the calm soothing voice of "hey guys wags here"

hopefully we get as many combinations of ordanance as possible then, wonder if we'll get any more info on it before release in terms of videos. i just wanna hear that sweet sweet radial and the calm soothing voice of "hey guys wags here"

For p-47 b

unguided bombs/rockets were only available AG weapons. So not many combinations avilable. Unfortunately no hellfires or mavericks no gbus or jdams.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

For p-47 b

unguided bombs/rockets were only available AG weapons. So not many combinations avilable. Unfortunately no hellfires or mavericks no gbus or jdams.

Various sizes and amounts of bombs, plus either the hvars iirc and the bazookas

Edit: cant remember it was hvars or ffars

Edited by zcrazyx

P-47 units in ETO used except bombs bazookas.

No P-47D-30 left factory with capability to carry HVARs, D-40 was first model with that.

But since August 44 406th FG 9th AF has started to upgrade unit's P47s to carry 4 HVARs as a first unit (finaly was not only one unit, btw French P-47 unit use them too, there is foto from spring 45).

Do not forget that only 4 HVARs are correct for WWII ETO era, post war modifications for 10 of them do not fit for WWII scenario... Except -N models :)

406FG P-47, August 44

lkY8kW2.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Don’t forget the cluster bombs:

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/p47/bomb-cluster-fitted-to-the-wing-of-a-p-47-thunderbolt-of-the-78th-fg-12-july-1944/

And napalm! Napalm was mixed and then poured into external gas tanks. They used a special gas cap that was fitted with a fuze that, when dropped, would spark upon impact and ignite the napalm.

• Like 1

I don't want napalm in DCS, it will serve no purpose, it will create enormous lag because flames do crazy load on DCS

I don't want napalm in DCS, it will serve no purpose, it will create enormous lag because flames do crazy load on DCS

weeeeellll they haven't done it yet so you can't say it would. Explosions are absolutley no effect nowadays, they used to have more effect but its been optimised. same as flak.

Limited usage for Napalm now though, given spotting an infantryman without any clues is not easily done.

I presume it could still affect armour though? in weird ways? How would that be modelled?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

weeeeellll they haven't done it yet so you can't say it would. Explosions are absolutley no effect nowadays, they used to have more effect but its been optimised. same as flak.

Limited usage for Napalm now though, given spotting an infantryman without any clues is not easily done.

I presume it could still affect armour though? in weird ways? How would that be modelled?

Napal burns and this is major fps issue at least on my rig where couple of burning wrecks are killing fps.

Burning wreck is illuminating surrounding and this is fps killer

Edited by grafspee

I'v always had a unhealthy fascination for the P-47 for as long as I can remember, never thought much about it.

Its funny how the mind works but today when watching a old WW2 training video it finally hit me, it was that characteristic wing shape that brought it all back.

My English is not that good but I would describe it as a quick picture flash. I was maybe 5-7 years old and I'm opening a present, I can't recall from who but there it was, that very same wing shape.

Slowly more pictures started to pop up from whatever old forgotten place they had been in the last decades. All the happy memories and all the adventures.

I paused the video and rushed to the car, had no time to explain to my parents as I leaped up the stairs to their attic.

I quickly found the box named "OLD TOYS" AND THERE IT WAS!...... so long forgotten but yet o so very much remembered, like an old friend you didn't know you missed, an empty unconscious hole that has finally been filled! :cry:

y4mpbF_YpmbLJDtogGucTkeJRysLkyMpdEb87MODHTvqRNIthjIhpqIIod8FgTiMeX0wz0GRqboWfW5XvWoGFXf9tgZQpwadwejmXtiA7JnY1l_uwDNJ4-_drPYUxwGuX16V9X3DaGxLybDhT_5m4EG1Pn4aC1hAFO9EfgKb_-IlF0g4pomtbwNVcTNsdf42zsz0u9SpKiPdPZ_fUAwe-KVNw?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

Road Champs Flyer series "Thunder JUG"

She has lived a hard life, maybe time for a restoration? :lol:

Edited by Rover

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Napal burns and this is major fps issue at least on my rig where couple of burning wrecks are killing fps.

Burning wreck is illuminating surrounding and this is fps killer

I have MP missions with lots of fires burning forever and with an enhanced smoke mod as well which produces tall thick windblown columns of smoke.

I do not see any FPS issue with that so bring on the Napalm.

“I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.”

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

“I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.”

Smells like Victory... ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control