DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Yeah, let's just hope those hangar textures are WiP...

Placeholders can survive significant amount of time in dcs environment.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

For us Jug fans, here is a little something to tide us through this wait. an airshow cold start, run-up and a few special surprises. you may have seen it but it is still really cool.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look I don't even need it asap I just want to get this pre-order going I don't think they will release it until at least a month of pre-order so throw it up there and use sales to decide release date based on that

up 50 right 20 fire for effect run from north west to south east

[ Q2 2020 ] P-47D Thunderbolt EA

From here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269757

Well we are a little wiser now, and dont need to pace around waiting for the initial "The P-47D is far along and will be released at a completed state in Q1 2020." statement. Dont care about the date so much, more wondering about the change from completed state to EA. Or is that just a typo, the EA?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I think they want to release it AFTER the SC with a little buffer zone. With the SC being delayed, the P-47's release date was pushed back too. That's my guess, at least. I wonder why they don't swap the two, then. Release the Jug now, and take their time to release the SC in May/ June? Just thinking loud.

I think they want to release it AFTER the SC with a little buffer zone. With the SC being delayed, the P-47's release date was pushed back too. That's my guess, at least. I wonder why they don't swap the two, then. Release the Jug now, and take their time to release the SC in May/ June? Just thinking loud.

Great idea !

Well, guess the EA wasnt a typo:

We do not plan to release P-47D and The Channel with pre-order concept and will deliver both at EA stage to receive first feedback and polish them in the right direction.

Quote lifted from here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4287662&postcount=105

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I wonder why they don't swap the two, then. Release the Jug now, and take their time to release the SC in May/ June? Just thinking loud.

Because people already paid for Super Carrier? Imagine the uproar if ED releases another new module into EA first.

Because people already paid for Super Carrier? Imagine the uproar if ED releases another new module into EA first.

BREAKING NEWS>>>>>>..People already paid for the P-47, and how many module have been released in the past 7+years and still counting?????:pilotfly:TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Oh, what a mess THAT would be! Since I've been working from home I haven't kept my wallet in my jeans, so I'd have to walk all the way upstairs to get it since I don't know my credit card number by memory.

Then after I bought the module there's the whole 'have to put my wallet back on my nightstand' problem; another wasted trip up all fifteen stairs, but that's lower priority, so I might leave it on my desk. Then if ED releases ANOTHER module there's the whole 'where the heck did I leave my wallet' issue to deal with.

It's a good thing ED hasn't done an pre-sale on the P-47 or Channel map. I'm not sure I could survive all the problems that would cause.

Thanks, ED!

Interestingly, the close up we get of it shows a standard reflector gunsight with backup, but in the videos of Wags flying we see a K-14, which means we might be getting two different gunsight models.

Pretty sure we will get sight options for this bird

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

It should be. I think it was a standard feature from D-28. That competitor that should not be named, has that feature as well built into their D-28. So upcoming D-30 most certainly should.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I wonder if ED will model the cold start of the engine. As in, when you start it from cold it runs rough until it is warmed up a bit.

Then if you you do a hot start it is super smooth on start up. That would be awesome if they could do that!

Really looking forward to this module.