DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Guys,

Bundle is basically 20% off total normal price. Normal price is 49.99x2=99.98. The current price is 39.99, total price 79,98. (still 20% off the total price)

If you get the total price 99.98 - 20%, equals the current price of 79,98. So, no need to wait.

All the best,

Sydy

Guys,

Bundle is basically 20% off total normal price. Normal price is 49.99x2=99.98. The current price is 39.99, total price 79,98. (still 20% off the total price)

If you get the total price 99.98 - 20%, equals the current price of 79,98. So, no need to wait.

All the best,

Sydy

But what if your trying to save mouse clicks? ;)

The bundle isnt on the store yet, so Im not sure how you can know how much it will be....

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Just bought the map, but still waiting for the download - and the P-47D-30 license in the backer rewards section.

Ahh so it's not just me with that problem, was about to start a thread about the backers key.

Edit: It's now available if you go into the backers section in your profile.

Edited by Azref

Ahh so it's not just me with that problem, was about to start a thread about the backers key.

Edit: It's now available if you go into the backers section in your profile.

Yeah, just went there again after my download finished and grabbed the license abspin.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

For anyone that can't download it in the module manager, the update ID for it is P47D30 if you want to run it via command line.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

backer rewards is saying "Invalid plane selection" any ideas? Hmm... maybe my 5 aircraft rewards are actually already used? 3 planes + assets pack + Normandy = 5 things ... is that how they are doing it?

S!

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

backer rewards is saying "Invalid plane selection" any ideas? Hmm... maybe my 5 aircraft rewards are actually already used? 3 planes + assets pack + Normandy = 5 things ... is that how they are doing it?

S!

Should be a button that indicated "Get License" with the P-47 highlighted in backers profile. Issued once I selected. it.:thumbup:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 7 months later...

Been trying the free play P-47. I enjoy learning it, especially the R-2800, something different from the Merlin. One can boost to 79', engine will break shortly of course. Interesting that there was no guard rail. The pilot must always take care to not exceed 52 w/o water and 64 with water. Still figuring out how to work water injection, I know I'm missing stuff, sometimes it didn't seem to work.

Feels a lot heavier than Spit or P-51. Flies like a steam locomotive really. "Don't turn below 130", lol, Spit can  turn at 70 or less. P-51 is a better fighter but that's not the point. So is an F-15. I enjoy learning it. If there was organized scenarios with team work, I'm sure P-47 would be effective as it was in real life. Like F4F vs Zeros.

Echoing a player (with real life taildragger experience) about taxiing. A subjective opinion, and nothing more. The inertia while taxiing, the P-47 'feels' intuitively right. I've learned the "videogame" of taxiing the Spitfire, I agree (again subjective opinion without real world experience), perhaps the Spitfire lacks inertia while the P-47 feels right.

WW2 training film lauds the wide gear and notes if running out of runway, one can cut the tail wheel lock. hit one wheel break and just spin around. Works great.

DCS P-47 rolls at 900 rpm, needs parking brakes. Seems better than DCS P-51 who needs 1200. The real P-51 rolls at 900 rpm (or less) as stated by the guy who explicitly compared it to DCS.

Extremely easy to takeoff, but one must remember "steam locomotive" whenever landing. Nice looking cockpit, lots of new clickable systems to learn (the electric propeller), still bugs (minor) but I figure they will be resolved.

Edited by -0303-
adding details though of later
  • Like 1

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

1 hour ago, -0303- said:

Been trying the free play P-47. I enjoy learning it, especially the R-2800, something different from the Merlin. One can boost to 79', engine will break shortly of course. Interesting that there was no guard rail. The pilot must always take care to not exceed 52 w/o water and 64 with water. Still figuring out how to work water injection, I know I'm missing stuff, sometimes it didn't seem to work.

Feels a lot heavier than Spit or P-51. Flies like a steam locomotive really. "Don't turn below 130", lol, Spit can  turn at 70 or less. P-51 is a better fighter but that's not the point. So is an F-15. I enjoy learning it. If there was organized scenarios with team work, I'm sure P-47 would be effective as it was in real life. Like F4F vs Zeros.

Echoing a player (with real life taildragger experience) about taxiing. A subjective opinion, and nothing more. The inertia while taxiing, the P-47 'feels' intuitively right. I've learned the "videogame" of taxiing the Spitfire, I agree (again subjective opinion without real world experience), perhaps the Spitfire lacks inertia while the P-47 feels right.

Extremely easy to takeoff, but one must remember "steam locomotive" whenever landing. Nice looking cockpit, lots of new clickable systems to learn (the electric propeller), still bugs (minor) but I figure they will be resolved.

Are you going to buy her when the trial ends?

• 2 months later...

So P47 boosted shouldn’t go above 64” manifold ? Guess that’s why I keep frying engine quickly. Never heard of that in any of the multitude of books .. or the flight manual I have . Just seeing quotes of what the pilots were able to obtain as far as MP using WEP.

Will be looking into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Hub said:

So P47 boosted shouldn’t go above 64” manifold ? Guess that’s why I keep frying engine quickly. Never heard of that in any of the multitude of books .. or the flight manual I have . Just seeing quotes of what the pilots were able to obtain as far as MP using WEP.

Will be looking into

What about if water injection is used? I have only a little time in the P-47 and haven't read the manual yet so I don't know the details yet. But water injection adds double benefit of cooling and extra power, unless I'm mistaken?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

What about if water injection is used? I have only a little time in the P-47 and haven't read the manual yet so I don't know the details yet. But water injection adds double benefit of cooling and extra power, unless I'm mistaken?

64" is the limit with water injection. Without it it's 52".

• Thanks 1

I keep blowing up the engine when I use it . Less then 30 seconds. I have opened up inter cooler and hasn’t made a difference. Wondering what I am doing wrong ?