Interest check: Su-25 Squadron

VapoR

Esb77: I looks like this thing is slowly getting off the ground. A few of us have made contact and have enjoyed some flights on public servers. We definitely will be expanding to include some aircraft other than just the Su-25, so with that being said we could really use some Su25T pilots....interested?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want to arrange a time this weekend to get a couple of pilots together to fly the Su-25/T, I'll willing to try and host a server.

I've got 10Mbps upload speed, so my connection should be good enough; I've heard you need 1Mbps upload speed for every 4 pilots on the server. I don't know how many simultaneous pilots my system will handle - I've not seen any guidelines on this front.

Against the possibility of my system not being able to handle the load, we could maybe gather on someone else's public server (if that's not considered rude), and fill the Su-25 roles there.

I don't have a teamspeak server handy though.

Edit: doesn't HAVE to be the Su-25 or 25T - but we're concentrating on Russian aircraft.

Edit #2: I'm also not trying to step on anyone's toes here; I've volunteering to help, not trying to take over someone else's idea.

Edited by Vedexent

You should be able to run the mission I made that has some practice target areas, no problem. Number3 has a TS server we can use.

As far as gathering on other squad's public servers goes: I think most are ok with it, maybe even encourage it. Think about it: they put those slots there to be filled, and who better to fill them than pilots that are using teamwork and communication? If we get to the point where we have our own dedicated server I certainly want other squads to jump I and participate.

Surely interested, with the caveat that my schedule is pretty crazy and I have to keep my voice communications low enough to avoid waking some very light sleepers.

I am gradually becoming reasonably proficient at killing air defense units, provided I can find their locations.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

You should be able to run the mission I made that has some practice target areas, no problem. Number3 has a TS server we can use.

As far as gathering on other squad's public servers goes: I think most are ok with it, maybe even encourage it. Think about it: they put those slots there to be filled, and who better to fill them than pilots that are using teamwork and communication? If we get to the point where we have our own dedicated server I certainly want other squads to jump I and participate.

Small correction, the TS3 server belongs thinkr =)

Good flying with you guys yesterday. I was tempted to come back online after the gf went to sleep. But I would have woken her up just by talking on the mic.

I have enough spare time to get a basic site up and running. At the very least something for us to maintain communication and coordinate events if need be.

Anyone going to be online this Thursday?

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

VapoR, you have my email - if you want to send me the mission file, I can fire it up and test it out.

If you and number3 (who is probably less than an hour away from me, I'd warrant) want to test out the server load tonight, or Thursday (or whenever), I can clear some time in the evenings.

If it works OK with a handful of pilots, we can post a message here when I put the server up (and again when I take it down), and whomever wants could join in.

Good flying with you guys yesterday. I was tempted to come back online after the gf went to sleep. But I would have woken her up just by talking on the mic.

I have enough spare time to get a basic site up and running. At the very least something for us to maintain communication and coordinate events if need be.

I'll be on everyday as this grows. Good Times Vapor! Ts server is always on, It belongs to the gaming group I'm in. The group is called xx-team-xx, we play Arma 3 among other things.

We have both public and private Teamspeak servers. If you are serious about a DCS-World Group you are welcome to join our Teamspeak servers. The current state of the group is small, and we are currently recruiting.

The groups leader is xx-Radigator-xx, I have contacted him and have received a go ahead to recruit members.

Our Group already has a website, The group is a great bunch of guys mostly over 30+. xx-team-xx has its own rules & expectations.

===You do NOT have to join xx-team-xx to play DCS-World===

http://xx-team-xx.cilithocal.com

If you express interest PM we are happy to pass along the TS info. :joystick:

The training mission file Vapor made is also available on our TS server in the Landing Zone just right click on Landing Zone and select file browser and you can have a go.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Oops! Sorry I'm trying to get all the names straight still!

I hope to be available Thursday night. Some of you know that I have an ancient rig, well the last of my upgrade parts should be here today and Im off Thursday. I'll be working all day Thursday getting everything installed and working right and Windows reformatted. Hopefully I will be able to fire it up for some flights that night.

Vedexent: I need to make some adjustments to that mission (add Su-25T slots is one). I'll try to get that done tonight and sent to you.

If there's interest - and in interests of "stress testing" my system's suitability as a server - I'd propose trying to run this:

Operation Northern Darkness: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250469/

I should be available to host this tonight if there are any Su-25/T pilots wants to take a crack at this with me :)

If the server works under load, we can swap out this mission with VapoR's mission, in the next day or so when it is done.

Sound reasonable?

Hi guys!

Most of the 159th missions do have a couple of SU25's in the flights.

It is possible to switch missions with the /vote system.

You are always welcome to fly on the server!

We do have squad only flights a couple of times a week, then the server is pass worded.

I hope that you use the 159th TeamSpeak server when you do fly on the server.

http://www.159thgar.com/pages/std/servers.php

Hope to see you online! :joystick:

Do you guys want me to fire up a server around 7:30EDT or so - or do you want to fly the 159th server - or there's no reason not to do both?

I won't be offended if people want to go with 159; I don't have a teamspeak server set up.

I'll fire a DCS server instance up ~7:30EDT, and post it here. If no one comes, I'll assume everyone's hanging out at the 159th and wander over there :)

So the server is up - or will be up shortly - under the server name "Operation Northern Darkness"on the public server list.

Edit: should now be up - let me know if it's not visible.

Edit: Server now has a teamspeak server: ts32.gameservers.com:9105

Edit: Server is now down again. Thanks to all those that took part!

Edited by Vedexent

you can count on me for su25 A and T

Thanks for your interest, Alireza.kh!

What time zone are you in? We are trying to fill our ranks with mostly North American timezone pilots. Depending on need/interest we might possibly expand in the future to other parts of the world.

If there's interest - and in interests of "stress testing" my system's suitability as a server - I'd propose trying to run this:

Operation Northern Darkness: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250469/

I should be available to host this tonight if there are any Su-25/T pilots wants to take a crack at this with me :)

If the server works under load, we can swap out this mission with VapoR's mission, in the next day or so when it is done.

Sound reasonable?

Somehow I missed this post. That mission looks interesting. Will be fun to do some of these 3-6 player co-op style missions.

We had an open public DCS server, and teamspeak server last night. VapoR, KonkursKiller, and myself were in the teamspeak channel running a squad flight on VapoR's new training mission map - with a varied selection of people wandering in from the public and running CAS on the target groups that were set up.

Many thanks to VapoR for putting the mission together - it was a lot of fun, and as I didn't crash and die (and got stupidly lucky with a couple of racks of FAB-250s), I consider it a success! :D

Unfortunately I can't field a dedicated server, but keep an eye out this evening around 19:00 EDT, for "Su-25 Squadron" in the open public server list.

I'll post the teamspeak server address in the server into / mission briefing when people get there. You are welcome - nay encouraged - to use the teamspeak channels when you're on the server.

Hopefully see you there!

----

edit: Oh wait! I did crash and die running off the end of the runway when my drogue chute wouldn't deploy. I still think it was a success.

Edited by Vedexent

I'll have to look at Servman, Teamviewer, and the auto-restart script.

With those in place ... I might be able to field at least a semi-dedicated server - at least I wouldn't have to worry about the server running while I'm not physically present (or awake).

Thanks for your interest, Alireza.kh!

What time zone are you in? We are trying to fill our ranks with mostly North American timezone pilots. Depending on need/interest we might possibly expand in the future to other parts of the world.

i'm +3:30 gmt. let me know if you want me for army