Interest check: Su-25 Squadron

VapoR

i'm +3:30 gmt. let me know if you want me for army

We discussed the whole "time zone" issue a bit last night, and I think we agreed that everyone is welcome.

However, events, flight times, practices, training sessions, etc. will be scheduled around North American time zones (GMT -5 to -8).

It's more if a question of whether you feel that schedule is acceptable to you, than whether we think you "fit in".

Until and unless they prove otherwise through bad behavior, anyone is welcome.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I think that teamspeak REALLY enhances immersion and participation.

I've also seen that there are publicly accessible servers, BUT they are password protected; you have to get the password off the teamspeak server.

This is to "encourage" people on the server to use the teamspeak in game.

What do people think? Is this too heavy handed an approach?

The "Su-25 Squadron" server is up on the public server list.

We'll be running some new Su-25 training maps that VapoR has put together. Come blow %#@# up!

Teamspeak server is at: ts32.gameservers.com:9105

Edited by Vedexent
typos

I left the server on all night - and amusingly, when I got up again the sun in game had gone down, so time passes in game, I guess :)

As an experiment I'm leaving the game server and teamspeak on all day.

I'll be at work, and thus not able to do anything if the server needs resetting, but you are all welcome to use it.

It currently has one of VapoR's training missions loaded: lots of ground targets for CAS, but watch out for the low level air defenses! ;)

Server's up again; in fact it's not been down since last night.

Won't be online tonight. Will look for you guys Saturday afternoon.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

OK - I dont know if the server is up or not.

I think it is - but for some reason my copy of DCS won't retrieve the server list.

Let me know if you do, or do not, see the server, please.

EDIT: It looks like disconnecting the server and going "back", without shutting down the program, allowed my installation to retrieve the list. Maybe it is just timing out initially? In any case, it LOOKS like everything is OK again, although no one is on the server, so I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by Vedexent

Anyone up for some flying today?

Sorry - didn't see this until now.

The server is now up semi-permanently (permanent unless there are system reset issues).

You are welcome any time - there's people on there pretty much any night.

We were even full up tonight for a bit.

Frontal Aviation flight patch design featuring a Su-25 and a Lemming now in design phase. May take a week or two to get it scanned in, cleaned up, and converted into useable formats. Master copy will probably show up as TIFF and PDF but I'll include a small format small file size version too, maybe a 128 pixel square jpeg or something.

If there's a decision on unit numbers I can fill them in, but for now I'll just leave any unit # and motto banners blank.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

OK - the server has been re-branded as 314 caд - Su-25 Squadron in the public server list, for the 314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия or 314th - Mixed Aviation Division (if the Russian is inaccurate, please let us know - machine translation is iffy).

Further ramifications of the name change will be forthcoming from VapoR.

Edited by Vedexent
Better Russian ... hopefully

Frontal Aviation flight patch design featuring a Su-25 and a Lemming now in design phase. May take a week or two to get it scanned in, cleaned up, and converted into useable formats. Master copy will probably show up as TIFF and PDF but I'll include a small format small file size version too, maybe a 128 pixel square jpeg or something.

If there's a decision on unit numbers I can fill them in, but for now I'll just leave any unit # and motto banners blank.

Awesome! Thank you very much Auger :)

OK - the server is currently down, and will likely be down until this around 18:00 EDT (GMT -05:00).

This is due to the fact that I tried to restart the server this morning, and it's downloading the latest patch. It won't be done before I have to leave for work, so it will have to wait until I get home again.

Sorry about that.

This really stresses the need for me to put some of the server mods in like Teamviewer and Serveman.

Server Update

OK, the 314-я сад server has now been updated with Servman 3.

Missions are on a 3 hour rotation.

Mission voting is ON, so you can select missions.

Currently we only have VapoR's 4 Su-25 missions in rotation, but mission suggestions for the "Library" are more than welcome.

I'm somewhat concerned that rotating missions when the server had been launched by starting single player, then jumping to multiplayer, then rotating the mission caused the server to crash - so if the server goes down, please message me.

Next is to look into that auto-restart script.

EDIT: Looks pretty stable - ran all day, swapping out missions every 3 hours - no crashes. Knock on wood :)

Edited by Vedexent

Sounds good. I might try to hop in on Friday. I'll be away the entire weekend though.

Also spending my free time leaning how to script a mission. :book:

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119