Interest check: Su-25 Squadron

VapoR

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies to anyone flying - or trying to fly - on the server last night.

Apparently Windows restarted after I left for the evening and took everything down.

I was on there yesterday in the early evening. No problems. Only one other person there.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

I hopped on for a little while earlier, and flew on (well, near; my formation flying is not a fully developed skill) Vedexent's wing for a run at the Abramses. After taking a Chaparral to the tail and mistaking my 'unlock target' button for my push to talk button twice in a row (not my finest hour), I ended up making a belly landing at Mineralnye Vody with no hydraulics. Not a bad afternoon, all told.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

314 patch design possibilities. Featuring if not a fighting lemming at least something Microtidae-ish.

Original 512 pixel vers

Original shrunk to 256 px.

Proportions and background color changed for small scale.

256 px

128 px.

Attached as .jpg files

512xPatch314.jpg.13caae79502fc9bc3c072c3e0d736784.jpg

MiniPatchVers2_128px.jpg.8f0092c72cfbb1e6cab278f3b3199515.jpg

MiniPatchVers2_256px.jpg.dc29c2bca69adcc42788b50c6452c3e5.jpg

256xPatch314.jpg.fa78da8ee063466da75f1f51a57b52bd.jpg

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

That's some funny stuff right there!

My idea was not as colorful, just a sideview silhouette in a circle with the squadron name wrapped around it. Then with "fabric" texture applied.

Esb77 your idea would work great as the patch for the Su-25 wing. For the fighters we would have to go another direction.

I approve of the engine fire. That seems apropos.

Well I've done attack runs in more or less that state, including on occasion with landing gear down (gotta get it down before all the fluid leaks out you know). The Su-25s are real beasts when it comes to flying while shot to pieces.

VapoR, lemmings are reasonably adaptable and I imagine they can fly fighters and rotorcraft about as well as they can attack planes.:smilewink:

I could think about a more combined air wing sort of patch, though it might have to be a bit generic because it's hard to say for sure which aircraft might show up in future mods. One option would be a mascot with no aircraft, another might be a sort of generic one with recognizable attack, fighter, attack chopper, chopper, bomber?, transport? icons. That would be a bit dicey at smaller resolutions though, or at least a bit harder to make it look good.

If lemmings turn out not to be adaptable in all air war roles I may be able to try my hand at other mascots.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

If lemmings turn out not to be adaptable in all air war roles I may be able to try my hand at other mascots.

Of course they are adaptable in all war roles, they're lemmings!

Seriously though, great work on what you have there. I like the idea of having a patch for each aircraft we fly, which currently would be the Su-25/25T and the Su-27. Maybe for the Su-27 one you could just put the lemming in the cockpit with the helmet on?

Just to let people know:

The Mission server is up as close to 24/7 as I can make it: listed under 314th in the public server list.

The teamspeak server is here: ts32.gameservers.com:9105 - you are encouraged to use it.

The website is here: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - lots listed here, including the server rules.

Server is running Serveman 3 - so feel free to select (or at least vote on) any one of a number of available missions. Most missions have the Su-25 as the central aircraft, but the Caucasus mission in the list is true multi-aircraft mission, with pretty much everything but the Mustang available.

Everyone is welcome.

My brother, Tycoon74, and I love flying the Frog and are usually on Monday and Tuesday night in one of the open rooms. We're not experts and are still trying to figure out how not to get shot down during a SEAD mission but we might be interested...sounds fun.

• 1 month later...

We are still alive and flying :)

Our dedicated server has been down, and probably won't be back up until this weekend - but that's due to me moving, getting new internet installed, etc.

Right now the members that have internet are getting together and flying on other servers until I can get my high-speed up and running in my new place.

Feel free to check out our forums in my signature below, and check us out - and see where the guys might be flying.

Vedexent, let me some correct, it's should be

"314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия"

Ah - thank you. That's what we had originally, but we saw a different translation, so we switched it. That's OK - we'll change it back :)

While all of us love Russian plane design, I don't think any of us actually speak, read or write Russian :)

• 1 month later...