range for ideal landing distance/altitudes/loads

WildBillKelsoe

Perhaps the most intriguing thing about UH-1 is its shaky, unpredicted behaviour during fast landings. is there a table or a chart for descent planning using known weights versus altitude to begin a 100 ft descent rate versus distance to touchdown or hover point?

I'm looking for a standard 60/40/20/0 speed profiles charts. if you dont understand my thread, i'll post an example for illustration.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I don't understand why this cause so much trouble since the early beginning ....

Just keep a very cool smooth approach, not going below 40 IAS and -500ft/min max, then try to keep those 40 IAS as long as you can ... then, during final flare, add SIMULTANEOUSLY collective and rudder, in perfect proportions, so you'll even not enter into that unwanted condition, and moreover, will do a very nice and smooth transition without altering your trajectorie ...

But to answer your question, no I am not aware of such charts.

Good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

can you post a video?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I don`t think there is a chart like you want it, because it depends on many factors (wind, load, weight, temperature, height of LZ...and so on). The only advice is..practice...do landings in every condition (height, wind temperature..) and get a feel for the Huey..it is simply all about practice..and don`t forget your trimmers..seems like loads of people forget about their trimmer settings during their landings..what can cause serious problems..

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Ok, will do. Thanks again Lizzard

Hey guys, I found it! For a distance landing of 4500 ft runway, a 450 ft TOD with 80 kts speed and a 300/500 VSI hold would produce a nice landing.

Figured this might be useful, might not too ;-)

ClimbDescent.jpg

Edit: - Ok, I will take the fun out of it all :-)

By using a little trig (you paid attention in maths class right?) - you can calculate a landing distance based on your approach angle, initial height, and speed from the above chart.

So using the figures you quoted - 450' start, 80KIAS approach, 500ft/min VSI - you get a landing distance of 5,717' (4.5 deg approach angle)

However using a speed of 60 knots and 1,000ft/min VSI you can drop that down to 2,552' (10 deg approach angle)

Of course most approaches have a reducing speed, and wind etc will have an influence on you final ground track distance flown, but by using a combo of the above calcs you could safely say that your 450' approach starting out at 80KIAS reducing to 60 KIAS (so avg 70ish), and a fairly constant 500ft/min descent will give you around your 4,200' descent run :-)

And of course using the chart for some constant standard speed/VSI climbout figures will give you good distance to height etc calcs for departures.

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Vamp. If you have more charts for Huey, do share please!