Wheelbrake Toggle?

So the wheelbrake toggle, does it exist? Pressing and holding the wheelbrake is useful but I would really like to be able to toggle wheelbrake on or off during startup/shutdown procedures etc. (Sorry if it seems like a noob question, but I havent been able to find it in the controls)

From what I understand, aside from the parking brake, the wheel brake is press and hold in the real aircraft (just like your car).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Shift-W will toggle the brakes on and off.

That's OK, but what about an axis?

I can't assign it to rudder pedal... :|

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Wheel brakes and parking brake are the exact same thing in the real aircraft. That is, you depress the wheel brake handle all the way, and flip up a metal catch that simply holds the brake handle in place...and now it's a parking brake.

Brakes are not normally left on during extended parking, however. The brakes would normally be left off and wheel chocks installed. The air in the brake system will slowly bleed out if you leave them on for a couple of days.

EDIT: And the brakes are not really on/off anyway, at least not in the real thing. You can slightly vary the amount of brake pressure by light or heavy application of the brake handle.

Yes it would be good to be able to assign the rudder pedal brake to function in the Mi-8. I presently have a controller button assigned

why? it seems like the real thing doesnt have it?

i have it on a button and need it, when im landing. i always land in hover... no rolling landings...

why? it seems like the real thing doesnt have it?

i have it on a button and need it, when im landing. i always land in hover... no rolling landings...

In RL the pilot use a handle to brake the bird,the more you press,the much force the brake works on the wheels.So it is more real to map the brake to an axis.That is how it works in the Ka-50

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2