Wags update: F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs Update

159th_Falcon

I am so excited at the possibility of proper realistic landings. lol!

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so excited at the possibility of proper realistic landings. lol!

Until you use the brakes. ;)

Landing will be much better but stopping, not so much.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Im surprised no one has been able to mod in toe brakes assignment.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

not having toe brakes has always bothered me as well.

Why have they never assigned axis for them ?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The Fun part of a simulator is to actually do things that you wont really do in RL or in much more safe ways to ovoid material and life lost..

Aerobatics, position aircraft to critical air situations to the limits and to the actual controls lost , landing and take off, hardcore maneuvers during fights but this goes under limits and aerobatics.. That is what make interesting an aircraft under AFM ... for years SFM was never enough and I am very pleased that we are getting fast away from it. ;)

Fly it like you stole it..

not having toe brakes has always bothered me as well.

Why have they never assigned axis for them ?

SFM limitation at the code level.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Really jazzed for this. Waiting for the AFM has been the big thing keeping me from fully getting into the Eagle and doing missions.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

I would not be so optimistic, they always take too long to develop something.

I believe it will take about 2or 3 years to complete :(

another reason for you not to get too excited about a date short, they often they abandon the project, not take seriously everything that is posted on forum

ED also have this habit of not announcing features, actually everything they do, until they know it is set in stone.

you must be new to the world dcs...

read the forum and various topic how many things were promised, and how many things were accomplished

some projects have fallen by the wayside

If you've been around here as long as I think you have, nothing is ever promised here. There's also "Everything is subject to change." clause. :D

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Looks awesome :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Here you go dcdefend..... Welcome! F-15C falls under Flaming Cliffs.

ED Forums » English » Flaming Cliffs » General Discussion

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

If it's in Beta, does that mean that FC3 has it in the latest update? I haven't flown the F-15 in a couple weeks, now. (It's that pesky Huey hogging all my flight hours! :)

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

AFM doesn't mean avanced flight model for landings simulation and realism, the most important is how the aircraft performs in mid air than on the ground:P, how it accelerates, how it turns (deg./s) how fast it rolls (the Su-27 rolls faster than a real Flanker with SFM so it's not realistic), that's the real role of an AFM!

Actually the SFM was already quite on the numbers in that regard. The real big differences to the AFM are dynamic behaviour, landing physics and edge of the envelope handling. Aircraft performance metrics won't change noticeably as, like i already mentioned, SFM covered those pretty well.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

well technically nothing was promised, since the posts never contained

"We promise"

or "We are definitely making this"

Your comment is childish

men of character they honor their words

not invent subterfuge to evade their responsibilities

I agree with the voodoo he's right

I would not be so optimistic, they always take too long to develop something.

I believe it will take about 2or 3 years to complete :(

another reason for you not to get too excited about a date short, they often they abandon the project, not take seriously everything that is posted on forum

lol, 2 or 3 years to complete an advanced flight model that's already in beta testing? I have to say, I think you're airing pretty heavily on the negative nancy side.

Can't wait to see the new and improved F-15C though.

Just to confirm this will just be the FC3 version with the AFM not a DCS high fidelity version that's in beta testing?

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

And then the F-16?;)

Go play Falcon.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

uncool reply

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

:doh:... when i was least expecting! I only want to buy a high fidelity flight model and have fun with the plane as a non-combat aircraft, otherwise for locking up something on radar and shooting a missile doesn't mean more than simply "Lock On", and that's not my passion!

So it's gonna take a while until the AFM for FC3 fighters will be a DCS standard..., but i'm willing to wait for what's good!

well its still not simply lock on, and it wont be that much different in DCS, since thats how it pretty much works.

but there isnt anything quite like fumbling with switches, and playing with light intensity knobs.

Edited by karambiatos