And today should be...

Jeesus

Crossing fingers things are still in track for the regular twice weekly updates?

Well, we used to say "A lepény hal megy elöl, a remény hal meg utoljára" which means "The flatfish goes in the front, hope dies last" which absolutely doesn't make sense in english :lol:

Apart from the bad jokes, I hope so too, this game could be the first game changer in many years...

TrailBlazer

Update on every Tuesday and Friday...

Lol! Yes, quite. Luthier and keeping to schedules don't seem to make particularly good bedfellows. :doh:

Oh well... :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Are these thread types not the reason the weekly updates got binned ?

Maybe. Maybe not.

The problem is that many people are extremely passionate about this particular hobby. When promises are seen to be made (or, at least, expectations are set), it generates an understandable level of excitement. When those promises or expectations are not subsequently met, it generates disappointment.

You can't really have one without the other.

I suspect that the developers like it when people are excited and enthusiastic about their products and potential announcements and updates. Setting expectations about a cadence of updates, however, is walking dangerous ground as you're feeding your fans' emotional investment.

All in all, I would say the current levels of disappointment in this thread are very mild and well-mannered compared to what they could be. People seem amused rather than angry.

No harm, no foul.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Would certainly be better that he not make a schedule promise in the first place. When it comes and goes unfulfilled, the community excitement looses some steam. The start of the T-shirt design thread contest, and closing of the logo contest, are now 5 days late. Another reason to not make a schedule, because if something could go wrong, it will. :D

Edited by GT 5.0

• ED Team

he said he was travelling to Moscow on his last post, give the man a break.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

he said he was travelling to Moscow on his last post, give the man a break.

Patience is an important skill to have and the community is pretty well equipped with that skill, not to cut out 20 seconds from the 24 hours of a day to communicate that there will be a delay on the updates (even without stating the particular reason) is IMO doesn't look too good and leads to threads like this one.

TrailBlazer

Are these thread types not the reason the weekly updates got binned ?

Yes.

peeps would make a thread about the update thread at least 5 hours early.

It was good in a sense cos peeps would discuss would might be in the update.

What Luthier should of said was "I'll do updates, if anything is worth being said, on <enter day here>"

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

@Luthier: do not make any more promises just because your high adrenaline. Reconsider your updates frequency with a real forecast otherwise we, DCS world/Europe consumers will loose the confidence in you and your achivments.

We really don't want bi-weeks updates, do one monthly, but do it consistently.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

peeps would make a thread about the update thread at least 5 hours early.

It was good in a sense cos peeps would discuss would might be in the update.

I couldn't agree more :)

The problem was that some of the people found this very offensive for some unclear reason and these threads often turned out to be a "Word War" :P

TrailBlazer