Idea: Display turn rate / radius data for training

Hawg11

Hi Bublik. Great stuff!

Will this work for 1.02?

Which folder do the files go in to? I tried guessing and placed the files in various spots to no avail.

Thanks

Hi, No it does not work for 1.02, because 1.02 does not support lua export AFAIK.

Also, the .exe has a windows warning after opening that says, "The window does not have scroll bars." Is that normal?

It's not normal. Does everybody have this error?

Great stuff Bublik! Yeah the Phantom Controls is what I meant ;)

Bublik, for calculations, are you using real world differences, or the "formula"? For example, for DPS, are you using a combination of heading and pitch change to calculate DPS?

Hawg and GG, OMG Lua debate! lol Yeah guys the idea of having a Lua script setting triggers for a mission would be AWESOME!

About the script I made, I made some other cool things. I turned on force feedback, put a small piece of tape over the stick sensor, and as the plane flew, the stick would physically move. It was very cool! Also, I made the plane fully land, not just bring you half way, it would bring your plane down, full stop, refuel, and take off again, even in high winds. It was about 95% reliable though haha.

So, yeah, anything is possible with the Lua scripts. I can say if we had mission triggers, there would be ALOT of happy campers out there (single player and multiplayer). A dynamic campaign would not be hard to create if we had Lua mission triggers.

sig36aa.jpg

Great stuff Bublik! Yeah the Phantom Controls is what I meant ;)

Bublik, for calculations, are you using real world differences, or the "formula"? For example, for DPS, are you using a combination of heading and pitch change to calculate DPS?

Yes, I am using a combination of pitch and heading to calculate the rate of turn. Another option would be to indicate the 'trajectory' rate of turn (e.g. it will be much smaller for cobra maneuver). Which one makes more sense?

About the script I made, I made some other cool things. I turned on force feedback, put a small piece of tape over the stick sensor, and as the plane flew, the stick would physically move. It was very cool!

Wow, I didn't know a FFB joy would move after LoSetCommand inputs. Potentially it makes it possible to create a training mod, where one can 'feel' the controls in a track recorded by the instructor.

• Like 1

1.02 supports Lua exports, but there are small differences IIRC.

I put the exe and the prf file in the export folder.

Hawg you should have an export folder, just don't remember where it is in 1.02.

Thanks Jet.

Did you need to re-name the prf? Right now, from the zipped state, the prf reads: "export.lua~prf"

Can that be right?

Wouldn't it need to be renamed to "export.lua"?

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Thanks Jet.

Did you need to re-name the prf? Right now, from the zipped state, the prf reads: "export.lua~prf"

Can that be right?

Wouldn't it need to be renamed to "export.lua"?

When Performance.exe starts it backups export.lua and copies export.lua~prf over export.lua, when it is closed everything is recovered.

Yes, I am using a combination of pitch and heading to calculate the rate of turn. Another option would be to indicate the 'trajectory' rate of turn (e.g. it will be much smaller for cobra maneuver). Which one makes more sense?

Well I trust calculating heading/pitch differences, rather than using the turn rate formula ( I forget what it is, something to do with velocity squared/g ).

About the trajectory, that's a good question. A problem though: I think the AOA gives us a resultant using 2 angles, the angle between the velocity vector and the yaw axis (top to bottom) and the angle between the velocity vector and the pitch axis. So, if we're pulling 25 AOA, we don't really know it's an angle completely towards the lift vector, because there could be a side component.

sig36aa.jpg

About the trajectory, that's a good question. A problem though: I think the AOA gives us a resultant using 2 angles, the angle between the velocity vector and the yaw axis (top to bottom) and the angle between the velocity vector and the pitch axis. So, if we're pulling 25 AOA, we don't really know it's an angle completely towards the lift vector, because there could be a side component.

Theoretically we can use absolute coordinates: Latitude, Longitude, and Altitude. But I don't know what units are used for Lat and Lon in exports.