Zoom "normal" question

Fifi

Hi,

Is there a way to set/adjust the zoom "normal" view when finished zooming?

Because i find it too close from dash board (actually, but it might change in future) and always have to zoom backward a bit for adjustment, after hitting my zoom normal button.

Any file to tweak?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes.

You can enable user snap views in Options / Misc. Then the game will create a "snapviews.lua" in your User/Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/

you open it in Notepadd++

RAlt+0 collapses all the file into categories so you don't get scared :)

You will see all planes in a list. Some have 2-4 pilots seats (UH1-H and Mi8mtv2 but it may be possible that they won't have sections there and need to be added manually... not sure).

Each pilot seat have 13 Snapviews

You need to edit just number 13... the last in each pilot seat.

Edit the FOV value... default is around 90 IIRC.

More info you can learn in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116

and also I explain a bit more here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1784115#post1784115

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

You don't need a JSGME mod for that - just edit the SnapViews.lua that's in your C:\Users\<YourName>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\ folder, not the one in the DCS World install folder. The one under Saved Games will be preserved through updates.

I'd like to, but no View folder in my Save Games/DCS/Config!!

That's why i took the Mods/aircrafts/Uh1H/View lua...and it works too, of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fifi, You can create the C:\Users\<YourName>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\ folder yourself and then copy and paste your ....views.lua files into it. Files in this folder will take priority over the ones from the main DCS World install folder.

Regards,

Milli

Yes you can have in your user folder (saved games/DCS/Config/Views) all the files... labels.lua for icons, server.lua, views.lua so you can mod a bit the views and not only them and have them preserved after update.

Also if you have a moded plane you can add their correspondent entries in snapviews.lua and server.lua. (Works for UH1-H and Mi-8MTV2 also although they have a separate view.lua file in their folder from Mods)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There's also a way to edit them in-game, without ever opening the files. Should be much easier. I myself used the file editor (if only because I didn't know about the other way at the time), but you might want to give PeterP's method a shot: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1844829#post1844829

1. Go into DCS World>>Options>>Misc. > Check "Enable User Snap-View Saving"

2. load a mission.

3 . disable/pause your trackir

4. hit once "NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

and

"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center

5.now use"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back until the HUD fills the space to your liking.

6. Fine adjust it with

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up

"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

7.Once you are satisfied - hit

"RAlt+Num0" to Save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle.

8.enable your TrackIr again.

Haha...VERY simple too! Thanks Echo :thumbup:

(and doing this, finally created me a View folder in saved game! lol)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]