because the multiplayer servers are always empty

Voodoo-chacal

Not lately, unless some people I know want to fly:

I tend to crash to desktop half the time before I even get the plane taxiing.

Things lag badly even when I do get started.

A lot of time missions are left running for hours after they're over and all/most of the targets/objectives are done.

And even after all that I can managed to get gunned down on the taxi way by some jerk thinking he's funny, because there is no real dedicated server with banning/kicking capability.

At least when I play by myself I can be reasonably assured of completing the mission.

You're missing the beauty of the sim- and I'd like to get you set straight xao. Typically such problems are resolved quite easily provided you have adequate hardware and the server you choose is maintaining their missions through the upgrade process.

Though you're right in that there isn't a dedicated server, many run servman or slmod that help deal with idiots like those you have encountered that think its fun to team kill.

Most of these interventions are reactive but believe me there are many lines of code dedicated by amazing members of the community to give servers the tools they need to protect the enthusiasts.

Anyway- I'd be willing to walk through a few problem resolving issues if it will help get your online gaming experience up to par. Send me a pm or we can talk about it in here. Maybe it'll help get some others back in the saddle.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I just checked, as its time to go embarrass myself. Next to NO one on line right now. But if memory serves... 2 + years ago was about the last time I took to the MP skys. It was fun BUT... TO many of the missions consisted of just LOTS of stupidly placed units doing nothing but waiting to die.

ALL those units just eat resources. better to spawn in and spawn out as needed. But that was 2 years ago. NO IDEA why few are flying about.

Some things that surprised me at the time where having force on force missions where the air fields had NO aaa/sam defenses. Had to be on the honor system to not zap everyone. ON the other hand...HAY its force on force right?

BUT really want to take MP for spin after SO long.

DID they ever fix that ever SO amusing spawn on top of another plane and explode?

They just released an update so everyone is probably working through the update shuffle.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

S77th server seems to be quite popular for both A2A and A2G at the moment if you're flying FC3 and /or A10C. If you're just flying KA-50 then there's a couple of servers I've seen with 10+ players in them.

Numbers online are low compared to previous years. 2000-0200z/ UTC seem to be the times the highest numbers of player are on in my experience.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

One day 50 years later I'll be talking with my grandson like:

"...you know kiddo, once in the past we had a sim called LockOn:FlammingCliffs2, and just imagine, you could run on-line missoins with 50+ players for 3+ hours, and it did not crash! But it died out of beauty on the day when DCS-World was released...".

And my grandson says:

"...you are kidding me grandpa, that's impossible! Look at our DCS-World version 94.7.643, it can barely run for 30 minutes on my brand new PC with 2048 cores and 64 petabytes of RAM. You could not have something that rock-stable 50 years ago!..."