Launch override in Su-25T

How do I engage launch override in Su-25T and how do I use it? For which weapons can it be used?

I mean if launching from a bigger distance I should probably have high speed and altitude, right? Or is there anything else to it?

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Thanks. But how is it applicable in a real life scenario? Do any of the SU-25T's weapons have lock on after launch capability? Or flying fast and high I can launch from a larger distance then is normally allowed?

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

In real life you use this feature to strike target at the margin of the lock distance. For example if lock distance is 2 km for a missile you will have a weapon release only when you are actually at 2 km. By that time your aircraft already entered that 2 km circle and it will have a longer distance to egress (you may have low AAA in the zone). If you use the override then you launch missile at 3 km and by the time missile is about to impact you have the lock already since you are in the 2 km range with your locking device.

Pay attention not to launch it from too much distance because it is possible that by the time of impact the lock may not be acquired yet. I use this in SU25A with the cheappo laser missiles (S25L).

Edited by Zayets
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Aha! That's interesting.

By "lock" You mean getting the Shkval to track the target and, subsequently, slaving the laser to it? So overriding would not bring any benefit to ARM missiles?

Correct, I am not sure ARM would benefit from it. Also heat seeking ones will not bring any benefit when overridden. They will just go mustang until fuel goes click and falling down. Not sure if they explode on impact though.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Great! So I slew the Phantasmagoria's seeker to the target, lock it and fire while there is still no launch authorisation, right?

for example the vikhr will only let you shoot once within 8km from the target, but you can successfully engage targets 10km away if you launch override