Some FX-60 benchmarks

Short test on tracks 2 and 3. As Fudd said: Hard to watch, FPS are jumping a lot, especially in track 3.

@Fudd: Seems we get about equal FPS. Are you also using highest settings for AA and AF? And which drivers do you use? I've got the stock XFX 81.89

The jumping FPS... thats why i used the program FRAPS.. it's a generally good and repeatable way to compare FPS results

Zen ... we're likely to have similar results... I have my processor OC'd to around the same speed you do and my BFG 7800gt allows a great overclock. I have 2xAA and 4xAF enabled at quality settings in the Nvidia control panel ...using the Zepher tweaked 82.12 but they're just about the same as the regular 82.12's

Goya, about the terrain? I dont know... I haven't had my system too long and with all the graphics changes due to config changes (LOMAC always switches my 1.6 aspect and all other settings whenever i change anything) i guess I just missed it.

Cheers all

Heres a question for the dual core guys.

When operating LOMAC, does teh OTHER core handle teh regular processes that the computer needs to have running?

Also, do you notice an improvment while using other programs simultaneously, such as teamspeak/roger wilco?

This, as far as I can tell, is the real benefit to using a dual core chip, if it infact works this way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
P.S. Anyone else qith a similar setup think full shadows looks crappy? All Planar seems much better... not jagged like "Full"

full shadows look crap in this game, full as you rightly say is jagged, but i still leave it set on full.

it something to do with the shaders that does it, and it cannot be fixed, well it could but whether they want to fix it is another story.

Heres a question for the dual core guys.

When operating LOMAC, does teh OTHER core handle teh regular processes that the computer needs to have running?

Also, do you notice an improvment while using other programs simultaneously, such as teamspeak/roger wilco?

This, as far as I can tell, is the real benefit to using a dual core chip, if it infact works this way.

SATAN ... not sure about the core question and how it divides the workload of the computer. On a program to program basis I think it must divide the workload up among the 2 cores. I had this web page open, launched LOMAC, opened up winamp, Team Speak, and had all the other normal stuff open...and the resources were coming in at 60% as I played songs on winamp etc... anything above 50% and both cores are working.

Do I notice a improvement when using multiple applications? ...yes I do. I came from a s754 Athlon64 3200 and the difference in multitasking is noteworthy.

What it comes down too is I can have Lomac running for hours along with Team Speak, Team Speak Overlay, X-52 Software, Norton Corporate, and Hyperlobby and the sytem is still responsive to alt tabbing out...changing a mission on the 169th server using a remote viewer, possibly opening up a web page and I can still go back and play lomac.... I really enjoy the dual core, and I think it will hold its value extremely well

Thanks for the reply Fudd, I cant believe I am saying this, but I am thinking about upgrading from my FX-57 to an FX60 or one of the other dual cores.

Sure man.... but i would just warn you that your FX-57 is still a bad ass.... and thus I wouldn't expect too much from even an FX-60.

However if you like the newest technology and that sweet ass unlocked multiplier I would say go for it.

Thanks for posting about your new CPU. I have exactly a 4000+ and was thinking of upgrading to an FX-57 or 60 but now I can see that it really won't make much of a difference. Thank you so much. It seems like a lot of the hardware sites don't use LOMAC as a benchmark anymore so it's hard to get good data like this. Thanks again. I guess it's just worth waiting again until the next gen hardware comes out to see if it can run this beast of a program. I get good fps with my 4000+ though with some tweaks, but man would I love to be able to max this game out one day. Heck what sucks is by the time the hardware catches up to LockOn we will all be playing a different sim cause ED will probably have something new out by then!!! LOL

cheers

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Haven't done intense testing up to now, because I had problems while overclocking yesterday evening. Spoiled my rig so much that the machine wouldn't boot up at all, not even the POST screen. Had to clear the CMOS and reconfigure the BIOS.

Zen if you run into that problem again, there is a set of keys you can push when u first turn on the pc, and it auto resets bios for you, no need to move jumpers n shit.

not sure what the keys are and if you tried it, but the deluxe has them and I am 100% sure the premium will have them also, all it does is if you OC to hard and the post doesnt show up, if you hold these specific keys down when you first turn on the pc power switch, it resets everything to defaults.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I will have a look now.

what board are you using prophet ? I presume its either the asus a8n sli deluxe or premium boards ? as thats the ones that I know has the crash free bios thingy on them.

crash free bios isnt what i mean tho, as the crash free bios is for when your bios is corrupted and in a case like that all you do is put in the mobo cd and turn on the pc and it will auto repair the bios for you, but thats different to what i am on about above.

EDIT:

If you have the a8n sli deluxe, then look at page 2-17, at the top is 2.6 Jumpers and it states that there is no need to clear the RTC/ the jumper, as if you overclock and the system hangs or messes up due to Overclocking then all you have to do is use the C.P.R aka cpu parameter recall feature.

It says, "Shutdown and reboot the system so the bios can automatically reset parameter settings to their default values".

If you have the a8n sli deluxe, then look at page 2-17, at the top is 2.6 Jumpers and it states that there is no need to clear the RTC/ the jumper, as if you overclock and the system hangs or messes up due to Overclocking then all you have to do is use the C.P.R aka cpu parameter recall feature.

It says, "Shutdown and reboot the system so the bios can automatically reset parameter settings to their default values".

I don't have the sli deluxe version but the a8n-e, it has the same recall feature. Well it didn't work when I messed up the timings on my memmory :cool: . I had to remove the battery and use the jumper to reset the BIOS.

If you guys were wondering about overclocking and motherboards, next time you upgrade you should really give DFI a look. I built my first computer 2 months ago and was a little scared at the OC options which the DFI boards have. There was no need to be...

DFI knows people love to overclock and they make high quality boards that really give one options ... Hell it even has memtest IN the bios! So all you have to do is enable it, reboot, and memtest comes up...lol

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
I don't have the sli deluxe version but the a8n-e, it has the same recall feature. Well it didn't work when I messed up the timings on my memmory :cool: . I had to remove the battery and use the jumper to reset the BIOS.

the bitch never worked for me neither, but then again it was at extreme OC for a split second, i did read somewhere that alt+f2 or something like that resets the bios, but I checked my manual and cant find it anywhere. CPR , I think it only does it when then cpu auto overclocking thingy is working, and it only does it for the cpu, not the ram...

also the dfi is a leet board, but it can be one troublesome board, if you dont really know how to OC, then I wouldnt touch it as its got a shitload of features that will confuse alot of people. also if i am not mistaken, it is the only nforce 4 board that can do a setting of 1t with all banks of memeory full with doublesided ram, the rest of the nf4 boards can only do 4 single sided or 2 single and 2 double sided ram sticks at 1t, they cant do 4 double at 1t. It should not be able to set 1t with all banks full but it supposdly can with the correct type of memory, whether that is true i dunno but i have read about it in numerous places.

I got a new board sitting here just waiting to be installed. Asus a8n32, i just making sure my new rig is running properly before i start to tinker with it.