Anyone know if the dcs has future plans to deploy playable infantry (soldiers)

Voodoo-chacal

I have a arma 2 and 3 but the flight modes is ridiculous

Just don't tell ShackTac that. They might have an aneurysm.

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

• 1 year later...

I think everything about that depend of the game performance.

after the release of DSC World 2 and the desire performance improvement get done. ED should start a serious human first person project.

I guess the best first step into this is make Mannpads, man portable ATGM systems, units mortars, radar units operators, UAV units operators. So, they can introduce all that in better performance stages and this gone be something with direct interrelation to a DCS environment.

I feel all these is really needed for the near future of DCS World 2. I hope they gone get this little by little.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think that the naval aspect of the sim has more potential for growth than infantry and armour side at this point. It comes down to timing.

The release of the F-14 and F-18 is going to move a lot of attention towards warships and boats with planes on them.

I think that the naval aspect of the sim has more potential for growth than infantry and armour side at this point. It comes down to timing.

The release of the F-14 and F-18 is going to move a lot of attention towards warships and boats with planes on them.

OK in this case the only you need in a aircraft carrier is the embarked ground crew personal animated, not more. As much you can set a radar operator or air defense operator in a ship. I believe what I said before is the best start for first person controled

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the sake of realism VS cpu - Infantry should be simulated at squad level like the old Combat Mission, not at single entity like today.

Infantry is the top most important thing in a battlefield however it's just not usable as it in DCS. You just can't spawn a division without melting you core. They is a lot of room for improvement.

To answer, infantry playable would just be boring. Remember the game level of detail is just a building every 100m of flat land without cover. Even Delta Force 1 would prove better :D

For the sake of realism VS cpu - Infantry should be simulated at squad level like the old Combat Mission, not at single entity like today.

I like this idea, sound good for performance so you don't need too much players in the same group of infantry.

Infantry is the top most important thing in a battlefield however it's just not usable as it in DCS. You just can't spawn a division without melting you core. They is a lot of room for improvement.

To answer, infantry playable would just be boring. Remember the game level of detail is just a building every 100m of flat land without cover. Even Delta Force 1 would prove better :D

Yes with the actual graphic engine is horrible try to do an infantry playable module. But honestly I don't feel bad flying with the old actual graphic engine. To do well with the aircrafts you don't need too much objects details.

What about if they make a new graphic engine over the next new DCS World 2 engine. Something like EDGE plus the refined details for infantry. Something Like that, when we change to an infantry module, we only need to charge the Graphic details extra for the infantry.

EDGE-Aircraft (standard Flyable performance)

EDGE-Ground forces (with a plus details for ground forces)

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be great to at least be able to walk to your airplane or CA vehicle. To be picked up after ejecting by a rescue helicopter or a land vehicle.

Basically to be able to get in and out and to walk between airplanes, helis, land vehicles and ships.

Of course a combination of ARMA type infantry simulation with DCS will be the holy grial (along with naval simulation).

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

• 3 weeks later...
Basically to be able to get in and out and to walk between airplanes, helis, land vehicles and ships.

This a thousand times. It is easy to get carried away and ask for many features to instantly turn the flight sim into the ultimate land sea air sim but first there are many basic things to work on that would add a lot and build the functionality in a logical progression.

First the most basic thing to get working before even to consider the rest. Can I walk to my plane and get in?

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely - this is the way to go! It would also allow programming group level tactics (e.g. approaching a helicopter and opening fire simultaneously in a close range ambush).

They should find a way to combine the two!!!!

That'd be very interesting, I hope that they can do it one day. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Something with ARMA graphics (nessesary to have an engaging fps) while having to run the most complicated flight and dynamic physics engine under the hood? That would kill even the most expensive pcs money can buy...

PCs of today yes, but in 10 years when it's released, if they start soon, it should not be a problem.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

PCs of today yes, but in 10 years when it's released, if they start soon, it should not be a problem.

Unless we find a way to replace silicon transistors with alternatives, I have doubts. Moore's law is collapsing, but who knows? Hardware engineers are pretty smart.

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/01/the-collapse-of-moores-law-physicist-says-its-already-happening/

“So there is an ultimate limit set by the laws of thermal dynamics and set by the laws of quantum mechanics as to how much computing power you can do with silicon,” says Kaku, noting “That’s the reason why the age of silicon will eventually come to a close,” and arguing that Moore’s Law could “flatten out completely” by 2022.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi