Is there a server that allows you to practice with weapons?

Dudester22

If the AEF server is running "The Playground" mission then this would suit. It is essentially a mission with all the different aircraft and a bunch of training ranges to practice on.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

If you're willing to spend about 30 minutes learning the mission editor, you can create your own practice missions. You can create your own load out, target sets, air threats, etc to your exact preferences. Don't want to perform a cold start every time? Easy fix in the mission editor.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

If you're willing to spend about 30 minutes learning the mission editor, you can create your own practice missions. You can create your own load out, target sets, air threats, etc to your exact preferences. Don't want to perform a cold start every time? Easy fix in the mission editor.

You can also download the dragon mission pack and run your own server.

If you want to run it alone just add a password.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Try our server "Eagle Squadron" Most often I have Dragon's daytime training scenario loaded and folks tend to be well behaved. If you find otherwise let me know the names of the offending players and I'll ban them for you. :)

I'll pitch in as well and recommend Hoggit. We were founded specifically to combat the all-too-common hurdles and intimidation factors that seem to accompany detailed flight sims and their communities.

Our server usually runs one of a few training/derp maps where folks are encouraged to fly around and learn. You're entirely welcome to use it if you like! It is passworded, but only to keep out the most egregious of the impulsive troublemakers you describe. Visit the above link and look for some bold text on the sidebar for the password. :)

As with Smokey's server, shooting other players down is very much against the rules at Hoggit unless they both have agreed to fight and are doing so away from the training areas so no one else gets caught up in it. While rare, if it happens pass the word and we'll deal with it immediately.