Frusterating Saitek pedals issue

Having an issue in DCS unfortunately with my Saitek rudder pedals.

For some inexplicable reason they are controlling my cyclic in DCS Huey, I assigned the rudder to JOY_RZ in both sim and game mode layers, I've been finicking with this for an hour or so, its getting frustrating :/

Even tried a fresh install of DCS and deleting the config input files a few times / clearing all pedal controls except the rudders.

The one time I did get them to control the rudders properly they were all over the place and only seeming to recognize input half of the time.

The CH fighterstick and throttle I bought work great though lol!

Hoping someone here with more experience might be able to help out as I am new to DCS, thank you

Could you check the Rudder Column in Options/Controls/Axis Assign page? There must be only rudder line is assigned.

Check the Pitch and Roll lines. Make sure there's nothing in these lines.

That's what I don't understand! If you plug a device, DCS assigns something by itself. Why?! Why?!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Checked in both game and sim options and unbound any commands for the cyclic/rudder. I then bound the pedals to rudder in axis commands

Also nothing is bound to cyclic, getting no response from the pedals, interestingly though when I bind them to X,Y instead of RZ they work but seem very off like I mentioned

Its messed up in the control settings in the DCS World options menu. I used to have the same issue when setting the pedals up the first time. What I recommend doing is clearing all the control settings for the pedal column then re-assigning manually, everything should be sorted out then.

EDIT: I misread your second post and see that you already tried that. I recommend giving it another try though.

Are you assigning the axis' manually from the drop down list or just selecting the axis in the control section and then pushing on your pedals? I usually do the latter method.

Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is to lose a control like that when you're used to it.

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

When you 'bind' the axis, are you selecting the desired axis from the pulldown menu?

Although it works, I would recommend selecting the desired axis by moving it. You will need to move the axis through the full range and the back before it will be recognized.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: