CAD Panel Drawings

HitchHikingFlatlander

Just wondering if anyone has made any and may be willing to share. I have a buddy that has free access to CNC machines and was thinking of asking him to cut some panels. I'd like to start with the landing gear and ACHP panels and go from there. Aside from that I was thinking I could turn this thread into a database of what's out there.

Thanks,

HHF

Hi HHF,

ReactorOne's pdf's are located here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84791

It should be possible to import them into a Aspire or similar which can generate the G-codes. I have used them myself and they are excellent.

Cheers

Hans

Depends if you want caliper accuracy or eyeball accuracy. Deadman is the go to guy for non-SWAG measurements as he mostly has the real stuff. There is a ton of good SWAG material out there, but it's still SWAG.

SWAG = scientific wild arsed guess.

Edited by BHawthorne

SWAG = scientific wild arsed guess.

:lol:

True. Deadman has been talking about making a book with the breakdown of measurements of the A-10 if there is enough interest.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1912421&postcount=520

Cheers

Hans

:lol:

True. Deadman has been talking about making a book with the breakdown of measurements of the A-10 if there is enough interest.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1912421&postcount=520

Cheers

Hans

I have an oddball idea. Deadman should do a Kickstarter for caliper accurate technical drawings for the A-10C. Set it at something like $1000 pledge goal. Have the plans be $25 and maybe for $100 you get 1:1 FedEx Office paper printout blueprint of the major pieces in a nested layout. That gives him incentive to do it at all. 1000 / 25 = 40 pledgers. Seems reasonable as a minimum baseline for Kickstarter and I'd fully expect it would raise more than that. Non-SWAG measurements are worth more than $25 to a lot of people on this forum. The devil is in the details though as you shouldn't set the baseline pledge goal too high. Also there is a method to my madness with the $25 price point. $25 is disposable income level. Even those that like the idea of doing a simpit in the future would buy at that cost. That means even casual people would be pledging. If it was more than that you'll be limiting to all but the die-hard simpit people, which is a small group. The DCS F-35 add-on was a prime example of unreasonable final pledge level expectations in a niche market. It's an example of what not to do.

Edited by BHawthorne

Well I think my buddy can work with raw measurements too and can convert them to an autocad format. I'll start with ReactorOnes stuff and see what he can do. I'm not sure of the software my buddy uses but if he can get it into a useful format I'll repost the files here. I have an XKeys 128 input board sitting in the box (for well over two years) and want to put it to use.

Thanks a bunch for the replies!

DXF is the most ideal format if you plan on CAD/CAM. If you want a non-engineering format, just do 1:1 scale PDF. That can be printed off on wide format printers at any FedEx Office store. I think most of the existing plans are already in both DXF and PDF format though.

i have some DXFs i did for both panels you looking for but somewhat reluctant to share since i'm conserned about accuracy and workmanship level. they fit my application but would not pass DM check. and as far as workmanship your CAD knowing friend will probably go "what idiot drew this s@@t!".

when working on landing panel keep in mind that R1 drawing is as said less then 100%. closest reference that i found is a certain member on this board that made this . some measurements that might help he posted here

attached is another reference i found somwhere and downloaded

Rick20Chin20A-1020Cockpit2027.thumb.jpg.83ad422574c3bbd100d2684ee0b72360.jpg

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

HI guys I might think a bout the kick started I will need to look into it. Over the last several years my notes on measurements and taking the time to get it right if your going to sell some thing or purchase it . Has not been a quest for the perfect pit or to count rivets . But only to try and save you guys from head aches that I have had in other jobs win dealing with parts not fitting from different suppliers. an example a 100 percent size print and a real part

1103131252_zps787001fc.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

i have some DXFs i did for both panels you looking for but somewhat reluctant to share since i'm conserned about accuracy and workmanship level. they fit my application but would not pass DM check. and as far as workmanship your CAD knowing friend will probably go "what idiot drew this s@@t!".

when working on landing panel keep in mind that R1 drawing is as said less then 100%. closest reference that i found is a certain member on this board that made this . some measurements that might help he posted here

attached is another reference i found somwhere and downloaded

Funny you mention that, when I was looking at the PDF AHCP and Gear panel I was thinking it was a little small. The AHCP looked about right though. And none of this stuff has to be scaled 100% for me, I can live with close enough. Like Flim mentions, you can only be so accurate and given what I have is made to work/fit that statement has never been truer.