DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

This is a possibility, and I have some thoughts on how to make it work. I'll add this to the bug tracker as a feature request.

However, it will require a global change and I most likely won't be able to get to it until April or May. In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds you can try:

1. Be careful not to quickly tap the roll trim, being sure to use longer intervals between quick adjustments.
  2. Reduce the "Double Tap" value in CTS (under Global in the category Timing Values-TEMPO) so that your trim adjustments won't change the profile to RIO. Then you'll also want to be careful when going between switch extremes with the Boat Switch or Pinky Switch, as Double Tap also delays actuation of the center position for that very reason.

Hope this helps,

Thanks! And yes it helped! Still playing with double tap value but it could be the solution I needed...

All,

I have put a 2.43 release candidate up for internal testing. I was hoping for a public release today, but there were so many changes to the JF-17 that I want to make sure I caught all of them before putting this out. Since there's also expected to be another hotfix tomorrow, I also want to make sure that 2.43 is fully compatible with the upcoming hotfix.

Regarding this F14 trim / swap seat issue and VR, how about add an option allowing seat swap or not? I mainly fly Tomcat with human RIO and sometimes get swap hotas config without changing seat. It could be disturbing when it happens but still in pilot seat.

I figured out a way to drop this in. You should have this, along with a couple of ways to select your desired station in profile selection, in 2.43.

All,

I have put a 2.43 release candidate up for internal testing. I was hoping for a public release today, but there were so many changes to the JF-17 that I want to make sure I caught all of them before putting this out. Since there's also expected to be another hotfix tomorrow, I also want to make sure that 2.43 is fully compatible with the upcoming hotfix.

I figured out a way to drop this in. You should have this, along with a couple of ways to select your desired station in profile selection, in 2.43.

Great news! Thank you

Version 2.43 is released. It adds the JF-17 and MB339.

Change Log:

• Added JF-17 and MB-339 (both WIP).
  • Added ability to cycle Hat1 (POV/TrackIR/VR) functionality while in Profile Selection Mode.
  • Added delay when switching stations for VR1 (Trim) users to prevent "trim roll" after station change.
  • Added option to disable station switch with Hat1, as well as option to default to crew station other than "1."
  • Added option to enable both Warthog Throttle and Cougar TQS in profile.
  • Added option to remove DirectEntry from AV-8B and F/A-18C SnapViews.
  • Removed SnapViews for VR users, and in some cases replaced with substitute functionality.

• M-2000C: Corrected HOTAS direction for keying UHF and V/UHF radios (now matches SRS).

• Improved radar controls on LMFD (Cougar).

• F-14: Added command to swap Jester/AIRIO with SRS ICS in RIO cockpit (similar to pilot function).

• Fixed Instrument and Console lighting dials at RIO station.

• Added TID Mode commands to HOTAS (RIO).

• F-16C: Added option for users with both Warthog Throttle and Cougar TQS to use the TQS (with WH base switches).

• Updated Comm Switch orientation to match SRS and the actual Jet (Comm1 aft, Comm2 fwd).

• AV-8B: Moved Dual MFCD Export macro from S1 Long to S3+H4P Long to free up Waypoint Increment for JDAM

• IL2GB: Added Dive Mode and Contact Altimeter Setting

• Updated Warthog Stick H4P to fire rockets (per the control diagram)

• Warthog: added Prop Feather to Left Idle when Combined Engine with RPM selected.

Updated bindings since 2.42: UI Layer, M-2000C, MB-339, F-14 (RIO), F-16C, JF-17

Updated SnapViews since 2.42: Classic and Boresight (MB-339, M-2000C, JF-17)

Updated Custom Luas since 2.42: none

Known Issue: JF-17 Rudder Trim isn't currently working for VR users. This will be fixed globally in the next version.

Note: The UI Layer is not just for VR anymore; it affects anyone who uses DCS in-game voice comms.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi there. Great job on this endeavor. I am new to target and CTS. It is hard to read through all 138 pages, so please excuse me if this has been asked. I actually spent a bit of time searching, then thought I would just ask.

1. My microstick only works up and down, not side to side. could you offer a suggestion that I can check?

2. In my DCS controls page, I see thrustmaster combined and Hotas Cougar. When I load to the Thrustmaster Combined, nothing works. When I load it to the Hotas Cougar most things work, but I can not get any of the shifted functions to work. I assume thats because I can not set up joy buttons 30-32. How can I force DCS to see and use the Thrustmaster Combined?

Hi there. Great job on this endeavor. I am new to target and CTS. It is hard to read through all 138 pages, so please excuse me if this has been asked. I actually spent a bit of time searching, then thought I would just ask.

Definitely start with the 24 pages in the PDF guide, and you don't need to read the appendices unless they relate to you. Of course, #2 of your questions may rate reading Appendix E.

1. My microstick only works up and down, not side to side. could you offer a suggestion that I can check?

Check the Setup Guide for how to configure the Cougar Control Panel (CCP) and make sure it matches what you have. Does the microstick X axis still work outside of TARGET? If not, it could well be a hardware issue.

2. In my DCS controls page, I see thrustmaster combined and Hotas Cougar. When I load to the Thrustmaster Combined, nothing works. When I load it to the Hotas Cougar most things work, but I can not get any of the shifted functions to work. I assume thats because I can not set up joy buttons 30-32. How can I force DCS to see and use the Thrustmaster Combined?

I'm assuming you're using Windows 10. It sounds like it could be the Windows Store conflict addressed in Appendix E and this thread.

Everyone,

It appears the new versions of the PDF and some of the graphics didn't make it into the build. To get the latest files, run the CTS updater (normal update) and you should get the new PDF.

Edited by Home Fries

Thanks for the reply.the microstick worked in foxy, but I had to change the axis number from 7 and 8 to 4 and 5. I followed the instructions in the pdf guide. from the beginning, but no joy.

If I downloaded and installed CTS yesterday, would I have the latest PDF?

For reference, I have the Hotas Cougar, no MFDs, and saitek rudder pedals.

Also, I notice in the target gui a line which might help with the microstick...

Map Axes:

Axis mapping Cougar Stick...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Main... Initializing Throttle Single Engine Start/Shutdown Routines...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Auxiliary...Done.

Digital Aux Axis Mapping:

Unmapping Microstick...Done.

...Done!

Edited by Rum_Runner

Ok, Rum Runner, so to clarify the following:

1. The Microstick X axis works oustide of TARGET
  2. You have CCP set up to match the axes in TARGET
  3. When you load CTS, it loads a digital microstick axis.

So now the questions from me:

1. What profile are you loading by default (i.e. which module)?
  2. When you load the Event Tester (the TARGET app that reports keystrokes), do you get ,./; (or something similar) reported from the microstick?

It worked in foxy before downloading and installing TARGET. I can not test that it still does because I dont know how. When I went into the f-16 to test it out, I was able to slew the cursor on the FCR up and down, but not side to side.

Right now, the F-16 is the profile I am using.

When I load the Event Tester, I get no responses from the microstick at all.

This is from the Target Gui after I launch the profile:

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[1]:

1: "HOTAS Cougar Joystick" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"

USB HID device "HOTAS Cougar Joystick"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\6&15BE0933&0&0000) selected

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

DCS_Global() Start.

DCS_Global() Finish.

DCS_Init (Profile v2.43):

DCS F-16C Viper Config (Profile v2.43):

Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done!

Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!

Map HOTAS for DCS F-16C Viper:

Map Axes:

Axis mapping Cougar Stick...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Main... Initializing Throttle Single Engine Start/Shutdown Routines...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Auxiliary...Done.

Digital Aux Axis Mapping:

Unmapping Microstick...Done.

...Done!

Button Mapping:

Shift Commands: S3 momentary...Done!

Stick Buttons...Done!

Init Trim for VR Users.

Hat1 (Trim/Mouse)...Done!

TQS Buttons......Done!

HOTAS Cougar Mapping Complete.

Type 3 (Analog-Momentary) Airbrake Set.

Brake Out = 1500

Brake In = 1500

Done.

DCS F-16C Viper Init Complete!

DCS F-16C MFD Defaults (0,0):

F-16C Viper Config Complete!

main returned 0

OK, I need you to open the device analyzer and check to see if you get the microstick on the Ry and Throttle axes (TARGET has a bug that remaps Rx to Slider1). BTW, most buttons are DirectX so they'll only be seen on the Device Analyzer (not the event tester).

The F-16 profile uses an analog microstick, so in retrospect the message of unmapping the microstick was actually unmapping the digital commands in favor of analog axes.

I was unable to reproduce this error on my end. My microstick showed Ry and Throttle in the Device Analyzer, and JOY_RY and JOY_SLIDER1 in DCS.

in dev analyzer, when I move the microstick, in the Thrustmaster Combined section, the RY and Throttle move. To the left of that is the section that says HOTAS Cougar Joystick... The RY moves and Slider 1 moves

That's a good thing. It means that your axes are working in TARGET. Now somehow there's a disconnect in DCS. Dumb question, but you did load the F-16C diff.lua for both the Keyboard and HC, right?

I have no idea what happened, but it is now working. I have no clue as to why. I didnt change anything.... Thank you for your help.

Yes. loaded both of those... Another quick question, what should the date on the pdf read? mine still says sept 2019

Edited by Rum_Runner

I have no idea what happened, but it is now working. I have no clue as to why. I didnt change anything.... Thank you for your help.

Yes. loaded both of those... Another quick question, what should the date on the pdf read? mine still says sept 2019

Glad to hear it's working. Go ahead and run the CTS updater again to get the latest PDF.

ok, so now the noob rolls out. I start the profile, set it to which module I want to use...I bought the F-14, which is why I downloaded target and CTS. I can see all buttons and axis responding in Dev analyzer. I have the proper .luas in the right place....how exactly do I use the shift function? I am looking at the f-14 jpg for stick assignment. red is the shifted command, but I can not tell if it is working or not... Partly because I don't know the jet..

Also, the magenta color for that lantirn, says it requires a mod... where do I find it?

ok, so now the noob rolls out. I start the profile, set it to which module I want to use...I bought the F-14, which is why I downloaded target and CTS. I can see all buttons and axis responding in Dev analyzer. I have the proper .luas in the right place....how exactly do I use the shift function? I am looking at the f-14 jpg for stick assignment. red is the shifted command, but I can not tell if it is working or not... Partly because I don't know the jet..

Shift is S3 (or pinky button) on the stick. It's also the NWS/Reference button. S3 as shift is universal across all profiles.

Also, the magenta color for that lantirn, says it requires a mod... where do I find it?

LANTIRN from RIO does not require the mod. You only need a mod to run LANTIRN from the pilot seat. You can either download the mod from the link below, or use the included controller mod (which also adds some functionality to the MFDs).

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303929/

The URL is also in the HTML documentation. I recommend reading at least the sections of the aircraft you intend to fly, as they explain many of the setups and combinations.

Edited by Home Fries

Hey guys. Tried to run my script and got this error--

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: TFRPHARudder in main ( line 682 in DCS_World.tmc )

Something to do with my TFRP rudder pedals? Pretty lost. Help!

This is actually due to the Pendular pedals.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4134296&highlight=TFRPHARudder#post4134296

The post shows the workaround (remming out the TFRPAHRudder line)

So my question: are you running TARGET v3.0.18.328 v2? Since you're the second person to recently bring up this issue, I'm wondering if Thrustmaster renamed or removed the TFRPHARudder alias for the pendular rudders. I'll also download v2 and look into this.

Edited by Home Fries

Yeah I get where the S3 is, and what it is supposed to do. But I get no reactions from it. When I press it, it does turn on and off the NWS.... when I hold it and try to hit another button... the shift process... nothing else seems to happen..

What combinations specifically are you trying, and what do you see on the Device Analyzer or Event Tester?