DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Would it be possible to get possibility to swap MFD mappings between MFDs?

Unfortunately, no. TARGET only recognizes the first two MFDs for programming, so without modding the TARGET headers in Program Files (which is something I wish to avoid) there's no way around this. Anything I have done with extra MFDs has been using MFD3 and MFD4 as separate controllers (using the S3 button as a shift modifier when useful).

All,

FYI, I just put 2.50 into Release Candidate status. Once it passes internal testing I'll release it. It updates the F-14 and AV-8B Enhanced LUA files to the 2.5.6.55363 Openbeta build, fixes some bugs, and adds rockets to the P-47D-40.

Just discovered (after many months of frustration) that if using CTS with IL2 BOS, the controller doesn't work (Throttle is fine) if Microsoft Edge is running in the background. Maybe just my PC setup, but pleased I found it.

I haven't heard of that, but it sounds pretty messed up. Glad you got it squared away! :thumbup:

2.50 is released.

Change Log:

F-14:

• Added TEMPO and repeat commands to Walkman Volume and interior lights on ROSB17/18 (Pilot).
  • Replaced interior lights on ROSB17/18 with DECM RCV/RPT (RIO).
  • Added optional MFD3 for Pilot and RIO.
  • Added Rudder Trim and reversed Auto/Man wing sweep on CSL/R (Warthog Pilot).
  • Added TCS Trim to S3+Microstick/SC (RIO).
  • Fixed bug where H4 wouldn't map properly (Cougar/RIO).

M-2000C:

• Fixed LOSB4/ROSB2 mappings.
  • Remapped VTB Power/Export to deconflict with VAICOM overlay.

P-47D:

• Added D-40 Rocket controls to RMFD and Rocket/Bomb selector to Warthog Throttle Base. Moved Primer to ROSB11.
  • Changed H2 mapping (switch cover TEMPO long only and jettison S3 with no tempo) for use with early D-30.
  • Added Arm/Safe for all pylons to APENG (Warthog).

JF-17:

• Added VR Zoom to S1.

Known Issues:

• Very close to stack limits. If you receive a full stack error, report it ASAP.
  • P-47 gun safety switch toggle does not work (module side issue) H2U set to Arm discrete command for time being.
  • Some F-14 Pilot bindings incorrect/inop on MFD3 (module side issue).
  • JF-17 throttle doesn't save to diff.lua (module side issue). Manually add the throttle axis.

Hey HF. Thanks for fixing up the Mirage. Works great! Been flying it a lot lately. Love to pop up that radar window and having the Viacom thing pop up also was driving me nuts! Guess we'll have to wait for 3.0 to get a profile for the A-10 II probably eh? Whatever. Anyway, thanks for the update.

Hey HF. Thanks for fixing up the Mirage. Works great! Been flying it a lot lately. Love to pop up that radar window and having the Viacom thing pop up also was driving me nuts!

Glad you like it.

Guess we'll have to wait for 3.0 to get a profile for the A-10 II probably eh?

Probably not. I haven't patched yet, but from what I understand it's primarily more functionality on the HOTAS (which is already mapped).

I have been struggling for weeks to get this to work. I am obviously not as computer savvy as everyone else is on the forum.I have read the manual many times, and it is excellent. It’s almost dumbed down enough for me to understand it.. Anyway, I was ecstatic when the Target script seemed to run perfectly. Now, I’m not sure. When trying to edit the commands in Voice Attack, I noticed the virtual button numbers did not match the button numbers on the throttle when the joystick/throttle were separated. I tried to identify the virtual button 21 by going into the Windows usb controller app, but could not get the virtual buttons to light up. Was my joy premature? Is Target actually NOT working? Do I input virtual numbers into the Voice Attack commands, or real. Thx

Edited by Lawheadrg
Poor syntax

I have been struggling for weeks to get this to work. I am obviously not as computer savvy as everyone else is on the forum.I have read the manual many times, and it is excellent. It’s almost dumbed down enough for me to understand it.. Anyway, I was ecstatic when the Target script seemed to run perfectly. Now, I’m not sure. When trying to edit the commands in Voice Attack, I noticed the virtual button numbers did not match the button numbers on the throttle when the joystick/throttle were separated. I tried to identify the virtual button 21 by going into the Windows usb controller app, but could not get the virtual buttons to light up. Was my joy premature? Is Target actually NOT working? Do I input virtual numbers into the Voice Attack commands, or real. Thx

Thanks for the kind words and validation of my instructions!

When TARGET starts, it replaces the separate controllers with a single virtual controller (usually "Thrustmaster Combined"), so while I try to match the first 19 buttons with the stick wherever possible, I cannot match the throttle buttons. Regardless, you should be using the "Device Analyzer" instead of the Windows controller app, which can be run directly from the TARGET runtime window (i.e. the window that pops up when you press "play" from within the CTS GUI). Device Analyzer shows you both the buttons on your TM controller as well as what they do on the TM Combined controller.

For VAICOM, I have included a profile all set for you to import into VoiceAttack. This will assign buttons 20-23 to the different functions, and all you need to do is bind button 21 (or ScrollLock) to your push to talk in Discord.

Hi Home Fries,

I use a WH base with a cougar stick and my throttle is connected through a kind of Tusba.

Thx for all the great work you and your team have done. I recently updated to 2.50 and two small problems have come up.

The first is, when I try to reset my TrackIr. when I press S3+S4 my view of the cockpit is taken back. Like my hud is far far away. I have to zoom back to get it to normal.

My second problem is when I use a Harm and try to lock a target. TMS forward reset's my scan? Only when I use the actual keys Rcntrl and Up will it lock. I don't have this problem with a2a weapons or any other a2g weapon?

Appriciate your time and help.

Edited by Cyberadje

So just to be clear. I imported the Voice Attack files included in CTS per instructions. The resultant command panel in Voice Attack looked somewhat different than what was illustrated in the manual. I was trying to modify the resultant VA command panel to be identical to the one in the manual. If I understand your post, I don’t have to do that. I just have to bind the scroll lock button.

LanDing Gear (warning) Horn push button

What is LDGH?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Hi Home Fries,

I use a WH base with a cougar stick and my throttle is connected through a kind of Tusba.

Thx for all the great work you and your team have done. I recently updated to 2.50 and two small problems have come up.

The first is, when I try to reset my TrackIr. when I press S3+S4 my view of the cockpit is taken back. Like my hud is far far away. I have to zoom back to get it to normal.

My second problem is when I use a Harm and try to lock a target. TMS forward reset's my scan? Only when I use the actual keys Rcntrl and Up will it lock. I don't have this problem with a2a weapons or any other a2g weapon?

Appriciate your time and help.

I'm not sure how well my script can support your configuration. TUSBA is seen as a separate controller (non-programmable), and when I programmed for the Warthog stick I used the CMS Z axis. I don't have an option in CTS for Warthog with Cougar mapping.

The TrackIR recenter command works, so the positioning is likely a TrackIR mapping issue or you may need to reset your default SnapView (or use one of the SnapView configurations included in the script). Not sure about the HARM issue; I assume based on your configuration that you're talking about the F-16. I've had no issues launching HARM in the viper. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the nonstandard configuration because I've seen weird things happen before.

All,

A slightly delayed message, but the 2.50 Hotfix 1 is out. This mainly fixes some issues with the A-10C, adds SnapViews for A-10C II, and re-integrates the throttle mapping into the JF-17 diff.luas. Update to hotfix 1 using the CTS Updater.

I've also had a couple of people who have experienced the dreaded "stack full" error. I have gone through many of the files and removed redundant code that is now taken care of in a global profile init routine. This should hopefully free up some stack space, but because I can't duplicate the stack error and because it crosses just about every module/profile, I can't test it all myself. Therefore, people who get the stack errors, please update to 2.50a (hotfix 1), backup your CTS\DCS folder, then extract the file below directly into your CTS folder (you should be prompted to overwrite).

Even though these changes are low risk, please consider this patch (hotfix 2) an alpha release. Please respond with your feedback on this patch (hotfix 2) either here or on my Trello bugtracker - I would like both positive and negative feedback (i.e. let me know if it works well too).

EDIT: 2.50b is now available via the CTS Updater.

Edited by Home Fries

On 2.501, at least on A-10C profile, S3+CMS in any direction just sends BTN30 + BTN15/16/17/18 and forward instead of SnapView selection for some reason?

I usually don't use snapviews at all but now that I notices there were fixes I decided to try and realized they don't work.

On 2.501, at least on A-10C profile, S3+CMS in any direction just sends BTN30 + BTN15/16/17/18 and forward instead of SnapView selection for some reason?

I usually don't use snapviews at all but now that I notices there were fixes I decided to try and realized they don't work.

SnapViews are mapped to TMS on the Warthog and TMS Up/Down, CMS Right and T1 on the Cougar. Shifted DX commands on CMS should be normal.

Ah, that was a embarrasing misread.

Another thing, on A-10C-II the engine startup seems to have some issues and it seems to need slightly longer keypress for throttle to move from cutoff to idle. So I need multiple attempts with throttles to get it to actually move them to idle.

Ah, that was a embarrasing misread.

Another thing, on A-10C-II the engine startup seems to have some issues and it seems to need slightly longer keypress for throttle to move from cutoff to idle. So I need multiple attempts with throttles to get it to actually move them to idle.

No problem, thanks for the report. I'd rather get a report on something that works than not get a report on something that's bugged! :smilewink:

I'll look at the idle issue. It may just need a longer pulse. I won't do anything about it until the stack issue is fixed, though.

Even though these changes are low risk, please consider this patch (hotfix 2) an alpha release. Please respond with your feedback on this patch (hotfix 2) either here or on my Trello bugtracker - I would like both positive and negative feedback (i.e. let me know if it works well too).

Profile changing doesn't seem to work, when I push S3+LOSB1 TEMPO, it will enter the profile selection mode and I can select profile but pressing S2 to select profile just says profile is selected but doesn't exit the profile selection mode anymore

what version of CTS are you running? It is working properly for me in CTS 2.5 HF 2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Seems to be working fine for me in CTS 2.5 HF2

Anybody else have issues with the Spitfire’s brakes? S4 seems to work intermittently or not at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

GA Flight Sim