DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hi Home Fries and thanks for this wonderful CTS tool/profiles

I use it with a Cougar and 3 MFDs

Playing with M2000, I see the buttons that I used before to call UHF (left) and U/VHF (right) radios don't seem to work anymore

Checking in Joystick Control Panel (once CTS is started), I see only the button 20 (down) is working calling VHF radio. Button 22 (Aux. UHF Radio Select) doesn't work

The JPG file still show these buttons to call the two different radios

Have I missed something, or am doing something wrong ?

Thanks

Playing with M2000, I see the buttons that I used before to call UHF (left) and U/VHF (right) radios don't seem to work anymore

Checking in Joystick Control Panel (once CTS is started), I see only the button 20 (down) is working calling VHF radio. Button 22 (Aux. UHF Radio Select) doesn't work

Thanks

I'll take a look at the Cougar to make sure I didn't break anything.

I'll take a look at the Cougar to make sure I didn't break anything.

Sorry forgot to mention it. Tm Cougar throttle with WH base and 2x MFD

Fellas, I won't be able to test the Cougar until at least Thursday. Please be patient.

Thanks

Found and fixed. It will be in the next update.

CTS 2.510 In the F-16 profile the Z throttle axis is inverted and i cant get any throttle shutdown/startup to work. I have not tested any other profiles.

You can startup/shutdown by holding S3 while moving the TQS across the idle detent. To shut down, you need to hold S3 and keep the throttle behind idle for 5 seconds.

I tested the throttle axis using the TARGET F16C HC v249.diff.lua file. I couldn't duplicate the inverted axis, but if it persists just invert the axis in the DCS settings. There are no curves for the Cougar TQS so that shouldn't cause any issues.

Found and fixed. It will be in the next update.

Thank you very much

Another question : when you write VAICOM/SRS integration, what doesn it mean ? Is it not possible to use them "natively" with all CTS profiles/aircrafts (eg. M2000) ?

I am thinking to buy these softwares (VoiceAttack & VAICOM) in coming months but if it's not possible to use them with CTS, I prefer to keep CTS ;-)

You can startup/shutdown by holding S3 while moving the TQS across the idle detent. To shut down, you need to hold S3 and keep the throttle behind idle for 5 seconds.

I tested the throttle axis using the TARGET F16C HC v249.diff.lua file. I couldn't duplicate the inverted axis, but if it persists just invert the axis in the DCS settings. There are no curves for the Cougar TQS so that shouldn't cause any issues.

Thanks for checking it out. No dice either way though. I dont remember what version it was but it was not inverted a couple of months ago if i recall correctly If i hold S3 nothing will happen and im assuming that is cause the axis is inverted and the script wont get the correct axis values. Outside of the script my throttle Z axis is operating normally

My Cougar throttle shutdown delay is 0 so it should be instant and but there is no change no matter how long

Cougar engine Start and shutdown enabled. 1

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Thanks for checking it out. No dice either way though. I dont remember what version it was but it was not inverted a couple of months ago if i recall correctly If i hold S3 nothing will happen and im assuming that is cause the axis is inverted and the script wont get the correct axis values. Outside of the script my throttle Z axis is operating normally

My Cougar throttle shutdown delay is 0 so it should be instant and but there is no change no matter how long

Cougar engine Start and shutdown enabled. 1

Setting the shutdown delay to 0 disables the routine. Set it to 1 (as in 1 ms) to make it near-instantaneous. Also, to be clear, you are using the HC diff.lua (for the Cougar), right? If you use a mixed HOTAS, base your diff.lua on the throttle.

Thank you very much

Another question : when you write VAICOM/SRS integration, what doesn it mean ? Is it not possible to use them "natively" with all CTS profiles/aircrafts (eg. M2000) ?

I am thinking to buy these softwares (VoiceAttack & VAICOM) in coming months but if it's not possible to use them with CTS, I prefer to keep CTS ;-)

I use both VA and VAICOM with CTS, so I highly recommend it. I try to integrate as much as possible, but keep in mind that 1) the profile was built before VAICOM/SRS were around, and 2) when I integrated VAICOM/SRS, I didn't have a lot of free time so I did what I could rather than completely rebuild from the ground up. As such, some of the older modules have some issues when I would use DX20-23 for functions other than radios. I've tried to get this removed as much as possible, but I"m sure things persist. Note that this wasn't the issue with the Mirage; rather it was simply the use of a MapKey command when I should have used MapKeyR. I use a separate mapping routine for the Cougar, and since I don't have the time to test it as much as the Warthog I depend more on others to report issues for the Cougar.

Version 3.0 will be built from the ground up with dedicated DX for VAICOM/SRS/Discord and (as much as possible) dedicated DX commands specific to each button on the stick, throttles, and MFDs. The goal is to reduce the number of modifiers in use for each function and to reduce the number of key macros required for each profile. This should in turn reduce the required stack space taken by the DCS profile, allowing for more modules in the future before running into the same wall.

And again, thank you for your great job !

You're welcome!

In other news, 2.52 is uploaded.

Change Log:

• Fixed Commstate issue with T4/T5 not mapping (Cougar).
  • A-10C: Added flashlight to S3+LOSB02 Long.
  • AJS37: Added NVGs (toggle on S3+LOSB02).
  • UH-1: Reassigned RPM Gov to deconflict with VAICOM/SRS

F-14:

• Added Emergency Wing Sweep to Warthog (Custom LUA required)
  • Added Asym Limiter to Warthog and LMFD
  • Added Left/Right Engine Fire Suppression systems to MFDs (Handles require custom LUA).
  • Switched ICS and TACAN CMD OSBs, added TF-30 Mid-Compression Bypass Circuit Breaker to LMFD.

Updated Diff Luas: F-14, AJS-37, A-10C, UH-1

Updated Custom Luas: F-14

Setting the shutdown delay to 0 disables the routine. Set it to 1 (as in 1 ms) to make it near-instantaneous. Also, to be clear, you are using the HC diff.lua (for the Cougar), right? If you use a mixed HOTAS, base your diff.lua on the throttle.

Everything is set as described and tested with several different values. Hc diff is on, using 2 mfd cougar and warthog. Nothing happens in event view either when testing or in game. Any easy way for me to reverse the Z axis so i can check if thats what causing the shutdown to fail?

UH-1H works as expected too, thanks!

Any chance you share your view on the new bindings for mic switch? I can see the below, are you planning to keep them? This could be useful to assign vaicom/srs/discord all together.

mic-up = DX20

mic-down = DX21 + DX30

mic = DX21

Everything is set as described and tested with several different values. Hc diff is on, using 2 mfd cougar and warthog. Nothing happens in event view either when testing or in game. Any easy way for me to reverse the Z axis so i can check if thats what causing the shutdown to fail?

If you guys dont mind comparing. I find this to be quite odd. Everything works and i dont need to invert in DCS but i find it very odd that negative numbers is full throttle and positive is minimum. I honestly dont remember what it was like before but i just cant get the shut down etc to work. The top of the curve is idle on DCS. Shouldnt that be full throttle? Same way for you guys?

Hey there! Fantastic utility, really helped tame my old TM HOTAS Cougar and a worthy successor to my "old skool" days with Foxy.

Now, it took a while to get my head around some of it, but I think I'm there now, except for a couple of issues:

1) TrackIR integration. I changed the mapping in the TIR program to reflect the config suggested in CTS, but I can't seem to get it to work at all, i.e. works fine in the TIR utility, ignores me once in DCS; the guide suggests that S3+S4 should recenter.

2) Similarly, either I'm misreading this or there's a problem; in the F/A-18C mapping, it suggests that (with the APU running) the DF switch T7/T8 should correspond to L/R engine crank, respectively. Can't seem to get this to work either :/

I'm using CTS 2.520 (as of this morning :) ) and the TARGET FA18C kb v247N.diff.lua/TARGET FA18C HC v245.diff.lua files loaded into DCS.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Cheers,

Rik.

Hi everybody, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Apologies for being radio silent the past week. My internet has been unreliable (putting it charitably), and this has undoubtedly affected the ability for you to update CTS. I am currently on travel (which is why I currently have reliable internet), so I am unable to properly troubleshoot issues.

@trigen have you tried performing a "full update" rather than a "normal update?" A full update will force-download all files, which may help if my internet caused issues while the WAV file was downloading. A corrupt zipfile is the only reason I can see for the error you received. I would be suspicious of the uploaded zipfile itself, except the WAV zipfile is not a file I changed in the latest update.

As far as the throttle goes, you can reverse the axis by selecting "Axis Tuning" in DCS Options. That may be your best bet for now.

@tomeye Those assignments are the plan for now, though I was really just trying to fix something that was broken. The way it's set is up for radio, down for ICS, and push for discord. I will have completely new DX assignements for 3.0 when that finally lands.

@Wikkus I'll have to troubleshoot when I get back.

• Like 1

Hi there!

Hopefully you can give me some pointers here. Sadly i'm at a place where i just cant trust that it works. It can work fine all day and then just break from startup ( see comm buttons)  or just stop working during a mission.

F16C Viper

Tm cougar throttle

Tm WH stick

2 TM MFD

SRS option enabled.

Issue 1:

Cougar comm switch will work fine and radio 1 is set to Tm game controller root and the respective buttons in SRS 20 21 23.  Then for some reason the script wont work and it gives me keyboard 44 for all of the comm switches and it will just give a click on off as its not holding the button.  Sometimes restarting the script works but most of the time it does not.

Issue 2:

Sometimes the TM WH and Cougar throttle buttons will just stop working completely but the MFD will still run fine. Script restart will solve it.

issue 3:
Sometimes it gets stuck in Commstate and pressing buttons will be F1-F12 etc. I have disabled commstate now

Edited by trigen